Cupra TDI vs Clio 182

Oct 12, 2005
Had a go tonight with one. First was from about 70ish and he cudnt keep up. Then we tried from about 80 (he started off behind me) and he stuck to me like glue I could go far as to say he may have had to back off. I was in 5th at 80 so maybe shud have gone for 4th. Or is it just because the clio 182 can easily match a remapped cupra tdi.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
yours should beat a standard clio182 in a straight line but round the twisties they are great cars the clios i know i know its a chavey french clio but what you get for your money they are great cars!

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Great vs thread no 1904 this year

although strangely the Yellow mk4 Cupra 1.8T who i pissed off the other night has'nt posted up on here yet, i'm waiting for him to say he had his REVO turned off.....ha.ha

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2007
durham
if the car is behind you have the advantage at first as he can only tell you have floard it when you start pulling away or the puff of smoke if it is a derv

CUP-RACING

Feb 13, 2007
I cant speak for the diesels, but I know my 1.8t can beat a 182 by a fair few car lengths. It may be because the longer power band in the 1.8t

Going from posts on here though I thought performance of a remapped diesel to be simular to remapped petrols.

The clios are quick as I had a phase 1 and 2 172, phase 1 was quicker and better handling as its lighter. honestly though they aren't a match for a tuned ibiza in any gear bar 1st

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
they are quick little cars. around 7 secs to 60 and a sub 15sec 1/4 so similar times to a remapped derv.

Just down to driver skill and who has more bottle!

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
they are very quick....im sure if i mapped my 130pd it still wouldnt be any match for the 182! my brother has a trophy, with full orbisoud exhaust and ITG air filter plus a few other tweeks....its rapido (i took it out by myslef for a "test drive")

Randomman

Jan 11, 2007
They suffer the same as most high bhp low capacity N/A engines - No torque.

Makes sense that you had him on a rolling start.

Do they have 6 gears?

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Tdi's are poo top end.

Plus was he right behind you? If so he would of been slip streaming you.

And yes you should of been in 4th for certain.