• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Don't know about tuning boxes. Has anybody done it on this Formentor?
Somehow I also tend to stay away from tuners that promise better mileage and hp increase at the same time.

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
Well I had the RaceChip GTS 5 on my previous 190 BHP Formentor with a claimed 56 bhp increase and obviously without a Dyno check I cannot confirm that figure but it certainly increased performance and it was noticeably quicker with regard to fuel consumption figure I cannot confirm that either as I never had it long enough driven on a long trip driven sedately to see any difference.
Suffice to say I kept the RaceChip when I sold that Formentor and with the GTS you can have it reprogrammed to suit another car which just happens to be my VZN now so I will get it reprogrammed and fit it to see if it feels anything like 370 bhp, the brakes have been uprated ready!

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
For fuel consumption I can say fill the tank do a journey then fill the tank make a note.
Then do the same journey again and fill the tank it should be more or less same figure.
Then after race chip you can do the same and that would be real world estimation.

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
In my mind there is no way any tuner can achieve better mileage than the carmaker, especially when hp goes up.
Carmakers spend millions and millions on labs/tests/innovations/personnel (some of the best in the world) etc in reducing emissions and consumption while at the same time maintaining efficient and high output combustion engines. They have to meet some quotas or they are heavily fined.
No tuner with limited resources can be any better than them on consumption, especially via a small tuning box, and that's that.
Its catchy to be advertised as such but it simply does not work that way and really it should not be advertised at all if they want to be credible.
More output means more consumption, unless you want to drive like a snail or with an egg on your gas pedal.

Reactions: KJA
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise