Cheap Upgrade on your 312mm brake system

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Here is the calliper, hoses and box for brackets bolts etc...Also got a phone picture of the disc at work. Will take these home tomorrow...heavy things!

ATECalliper.JPG

Photo-0022.jpg

bud-weis

Jan 27, 2008
Yes it is a very long caliper and does look like a 6 pot. I also noticed that the actual Pot size is bigger than the brembo pots...Not sure by how much though.

A 6 pot caliper would only look like a 6 pot caliper if it had 6 pots!!!

those are just large 4 pots, i have seen larger though.

you can get 12 pot calipers that are around that size too.

:)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
A 6 pot caliper would only look like a 6 pot caliper if it had 6 pots!!!

those are just large 4 pots, i have seen larger though.

you can get 12 pot calipers that are around that size too.

:)
Not true, Slicks porsche callipers are HUGE and they are only 4 pot. They deffo look like 6 pots!

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
I think bud was trying to say, if it was a 6 pot it would have 6 pots inside it, its just a excessively large 4 pot caliper chassis, not a bad thing, more surface area, better ventilation/dissipation of heat!

The thing with 6 pots are they need to be designed will, they should have a big single pot each side and 2 small pots either side of it, that way the 2 pots do the light even braking, but when the heavy braking hits the large pot pushes out to do the heavy work... Porsche ones really work well with that, other make I've seen dont use such methods and most have all the average sized pots 3 a side....

But as Jonyjay said, my porsche caliper pots are big chassised.. and the pots i have 1 pot very small and a very large pot...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members