Change of performance

Sep 1, 2024
I have just bought my 2024 Cupra Ateca vz2 after trading in my previous Cupra Ateca 2021 model . On driving as normal in comfort mode I am noticing a little turbo type lag on take off and putting the power down when already at speed . My previous Ateca seemed a little bit sharper. Any ideas ?

CosmicBlue

Enjoying retirement
Nov 25, 2023
Warwick, UK
It has been a while since I last logged in.

I have a VZ2 also. I have long suspected, over nudging 30 years of numerous VAG vehicles, especially petrol engines that the engine ECU is electronically 'nobbled' so as to give the engine a respectable period the 'bed-in' before full performance is delivered. There are plenty of drivers out there with little or no mechanical sympathy so would make perfect sense.

My own VZ2 is noticeably swifter with 14,000+ miles than it was when I picked it up with less than 1500 miles on the clock - looking back it was around the 10,000 mile mark when suddenly became much more punchy. Comfort mode does hang onto higher gear ratios longer and is more reluctant to shift downward unless a fierce prod of accelerator pedal is made.

Sep 1, 2024
Hi Thanks, kind of what I thought just that my last one was on 40k so engine well released I suppose

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise