Carplay problem

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Anyone get an update of some sorts this morning?
I did but didn’t bother checking what it was, seem to be having some sort of CarPlay issue since,
When I get into the car it seems my phone loses internet.
Before getting in the car my phone is connected to home wifi.
Go out of house and into car as I normally do and never have to touch anything, Carplay fires up wirelessly and does everything.
I never looked as I never had to, But when I start the car and the headunit fires up I checked my phone and it says wifi connecter to seat ***5
Not sure if this was always how it worked?
But when I go to say Tidal or Youtube music. I sometimes get the album art but when I touch / choose one it does nothing.
Go to my phone and try but none work there either until I disconnect from the car.
I have went through everything but this is wrecking my head.
Tidal. YouTube music. Deezer. None of them work
Any ideas ?
Thanks

Jones2020

Jul 14, 2023
I was always under the impression that using wireless CarPlay is through the wifi, I dont think you can use Wifi from home while connected to Carplay, might be wrong. Did you try wired?

Reactions: vectra

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
I was always under the impression that using wireless CarPlay is through the wifi, I dont think you can use Wifi from home while connected to Carplay, might be wrong. Did you try wired?
Forgive me but my head is wrecked from this and I don't quite understand what you are asking.
Normally,
I can be sitting at home, therefore using home wifi.
Leave home and sit in my car, Start car, a few seconds later Carplay kicks in and starts playing.
I never checked my wifi status on my phone as I had no need to.

That was how it worked up until around lunch time today,
I was stopped in traffic, update message came on screen and I hit OK or whatever it was.
Since then.
It just doesnt seem to work

So now.
Sitting at home on home wifi
Go out to my car,
Start car.
Nothing !
That is nothing in the music department works.
Tidal
Youtube music
Deezer.

At times the music icons come on screen for Tidal but none of them work.

I then check my phone and Tidal has a black screen with revolving circle as in searching, but goes no further.

I'm sorry but I can't explain much better. Not my best thing.

Jones2020

Jul 14, 2023
Sorry for misunderstanding. Based of this

“But when I start the car and the headunit fires up I checked my phone and it says wifi connecter to seat ***5”

It seems to me you are somehow connected to the car’s hotspot. Would explain why music apps load so slow, as the hotspot is really slow.

I have updated also yesterday no problem arised for me.

Try to see in settings > Wifi > wlan if its on or something or your phone is connected to it?

Otherwise restart your phone and maybe give the infotainment a restart and delete and re add your phone

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Sorry for misunderstanding. Based of this

“But when I start the car and the headunit fires up I checked my phone and it says wifi connecter to seat ***5”

It seems to me you are somehow connected to the car’s hotspot. Would explain why music apps load so slow, as the hotspot is really slow.

I have updated also yesterday no problem arised for me.

Try to see in settings > Wifi > wlan if its on or something or your phone is connected to it?

Otherwise restart your phone and maybe give the infotainment a restart and delete and re add your phone
Yes.
It looks like it is connected to the cars hotspot.
Which I was unsure if this was correct or not as I never checked before.
I did try restart the phone and also deleted the phone from the car and the car from my phone, the re paired them.
My next step is do a factory restore to the infotainment system.
Should I ??
You know what?
A couple of years ago this would be a walk in the park for me but the age thing must be kicking in.

Jones2020

Jul 14, 2023
Yes.
It looks like it is connected to the cars hotspot.
Which I was unsure if this was correct or not as I never checked before.
I did try restart the phone and also deleted the phone from the car and the car from my phone, the re paired them.
My next step is do a factory restore to the infotainment system.
Should I ??
You know what?
A couple of years ago this would be a walk in the park for me but the age thing must be kicking in.
Checked mine also, its also connected to hotspot as I think its needed for wireless carplay. You can always try you’ll probably have to set up all your settings again tho

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Checked mine also, its also connected to hotspot as I think its needed for wireless carplay. You can always try you’ll probably have to set up all your settings again tho
Thanks for checking,
It is just so annoying that it worked perfectly from day one and now this!!!

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
OK
Went out to the car a while ago, equipped with a usb c lead.
First thing I noticed, "Easy access" Drivers door failed to unlock by using my hand,
Had to use the keyfob press.
Sat in, pressed start button without starting the engine. Withing about 30 seconds or so I go the message the the battery was low and was shutting down to save energy.
Got me thinking.
"Is this because of low battery power"?
Started the engine and let it run for a minute.
Connected phone to usb and it worked.
Disconnected the lead and it stopped again.
Pulled down the top menu on my phone, disabled wifi,
Nothing.
Re enabled my wifi ( this was with the engine still running. > It worked.
Had a bit of a head scratch, then it occurred to me, last week I replaced to lead on my dashcam from the original " On with ignition"
With a new lead of always on until power goes below a certain level.
Would I be correct in thinking this might be the culprit as I literally don't use the car enough at all.?
I mean it could be parked up for days and then maybe use it to drive to local shop which might be 1km away from my house. I literally do 15kms a week at most bar the long trips I do occasionally?
I now have it on a charger and top it up, should I rewire to ignition on only?
Thanks again.

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Try this,

im still thinking you are connected to the hotspot, and if you didnt buy any data it will not load anything
It is working as it should since yesterday whatever I did. But I did rewire the dashcam just in case. Now when I hope in the car everything hooks up as it always did.
But thanks for that link anyway. It is always handy to have info like this.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.