cannot renew Cupra Connect service

flatbone

Feb 12, 2023
Hi. Recently my Cupra Connect data service expired the second time, since my Formentor is 3+ years old now.

But I'm having issues purchasing the new Connect service. Went through all the steps, both from inside the car, scanning the QR code, but also directly on shop.mycupra.com website, cubictelecom website and seat shop, on different devices, mobile, desktop, windows, mac, etc.

The issue is the final step, after confirming the payment, I end up on a generic "internal error" page and the money is blocked in my banking app. I tried 3 different cards too.
Inside

I messaged support and after some useless back and forth, they "escalated" my issue to technical support and it's now been almost 2 weeks without any other reply.

Anybody else having these issues? It seems so crazy to me that a brand like Cupra would not care about resolving an issue like this. I guess once you bought the car, you are no longer that important to deal with

flatbone

Feb 12, 2023
Tried it on Chrome mobile on S23 Ultra, Chrome desktop on Windows 11 and on Mac OS. Also tried on Mozilla Firefox on Windows 11. Same result.

I'm inclined to think it's payment process related.. but 2 years ago I had no issue renewing the service, so it's something relatively new, hence my post here.

And since there is no alternative payment method, I have no way of activating the service, so no remote pre conditioning exactly during the hot summer months when I would use it the most.

I guess I won't be renewing it after all anymore.

Tell

Staff member
Not asking for the address as Street and then House Number, the European way ?. Erwin does that so fails if you do the British way of house number and address. Takes that information with the credit card / debit card and post code and fails. It passes the address string and doesn't pick it up... clear as mud.

House number + Street isn't Street + House number.

Not sure what happens if you don't have a House number but a house name 🤔.

Possibly something like that, the information is passed and then send through for validation with the card company.

Other than that as said some browsers fail with some websites.

flatbone

Feb 12, 2023
@Tell Thanks for your input, you were onto something.

But I figured it out eventually.. The address has dedicated fields so it cannot be entered wrongly, but apparently it doesn't like having any diacritics. I had a couple of such characters and have replaced them, then the payment went through.

Such a weird one, but I remember I had encountered this on some other shopping website.

Anyways, that was it. This can be closed as resolved.
BTW, meanwhile, no other replied from the support team :)

Reactions: Tell
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise