Can I use a golf 4 arm rest metal base?

leon291155

Jan 11, 2006
I searched all over the forum and i found alot of threads about the armrest but not this question..
if i used the golf mk4 armrest can i use the golf 4 metal base because i cant find the LEON metal base here in my country :( just the golf mk4 base so
Can i use this
photo_armrest_for_golf_4_and_bora_5.jpg

IMG_0007-4.jpg

instead of this
MAL_13.jpg

MAL_03.jpg

cause i cant find the last one (Leon one) in my country but alot of golf's armrests with its own metal base..help me

Last edited:

jiege01

Toledo TDI
Jan 11, 2006
Magherafelt, NI
i would say it should work. all the bolt holes will be the same, its just the connection to the bottom of the armrest that is different.

leon291155

Jan 11, 2006
Thx but i need a confirmation .. i dont want to buy it then :cry: ... if anyone know or tried it before plz i want help

Last edited:

Adz87

Jul 23, 2008
Southampton
yes you can! thats what i have used with my one. the only thing is when i got mine i only had the two bolts cause i couldn't attach it next to the hand break as the bolt is to low. but it'll work fine with just two. i had mine in with two bolts and it was nice and sturdy! but if you have all the right fixings like the nut extension for the hand break bit then thats even better. i've got them all now and it doesn't feel any different then just having 2 bolts.

Adz87

Jul 23, 2008
Southampton
ok mate no worries. i will have to do it tomorrow evening though i'm working all day but your get some pics. but it will work. so if your gunna buy it then buy it. i'll take some pics tomorrow for you.

Adz87

Jul 23, 2008
Southampton
right just got home from work. i'll go out and get the pics for you. i'll take pics of the metal base don't worry. give me an hour (i'm slow!)

Adz87

Jul 23, 2008
Southampton
right here it is with all the right fittings,
DSCN1636.jpg

DSCN1637.jpg

DSCN1638.jpg

so here it is with out the metal base. excuse the mess......
DSCN1639.jpg

if you only have two bolts to fit it with then it will look like this. there will be a gap between the bolt holding the handbreak down and the metal base. in my pic i don't actually have the bolt that use to be there. well i do but i use it some where else.

DSCN1641.jpg

DSCN1644.jpg

DSCN1645.jpg

Adz87

Jul 23, 2008
Southampton
the extended bolt you need is this one.....
DSCN1640.jpg

this is what it looks like when it's on and with the metal base on it.
DSCN1647.jpg

DSCN1648.jpg

DSCN1649.jpg

and this is what it will look like with the base on and the centre console in place

DSCN1651.jpg

DSCN1652.jpg

and with the arm rest!
DSCN1653.jpg

so there you go! hope that helps

if you do use just 2 bolts on the right side its sturdy and it works fine. the other hole actually sits on the other bolt so it holds it in place.

leon291155

Jan 11, 2006
THXXXXXXXXXXXXX mate for your help..but one last silly question..it seems in the last pic after the armrest is on that the metal base is not covered! ?

Adz87

Jul 23, 2008
Southampton
thats because i was just showing you what it looked like when it was all together with out the cover. i have them and they're on now. i was just lazy and didn't take a pic of it with the covers on.

leon291155

Jan 11, 2006
I think this was the most helpful thread about the golf mk4 armrest..i think many guys here will thank you not just me (thx again mate)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.