Can I use a golf 4 arm rest metal base?

Adz87

Jul 23, 2008
Southampton
glad to help! let us know when you've got it and when you've got in installed! it makes a lot of difference whilst driving. i could never go back!!! lol
:D

Adz87

Jul 23, 2008
Southampton
Adz, where did you buy the bolt extender from, neve seen those before.

i got it out of my mates golf that he wrote off. i was helping him take out some things and he said, "here you go, hats what my arm rest was on. should fit you car" and it does!

so if you want one try your local VW staler they might be able to help.

leon291155

Jan 11, 2006
How to remove the console to fit the metal base,because i went to a VW service and the guy there said to me the golf mk4 metal base wont fit so iam gonna fit it myself,so i want to know how to remove the console

Adz87

Jul 23, 2008
Southampton
ok thats easy, there are 6 screws you need to take out.

when you take the ash tray out right at the back of the consul there are 2 screws in there that need to come out. then the other for are behind plastic caps. you will have to move the seats back as far as they go so you can see them. they are a pain to get out. so be very carful. the other two are right down in the foot well. again with plastic covers. undo all of those and remover the bit of plastic under the hand break so you can lift it up over it.

but be careful when doing this as you have got the socket for the vag com to be worried about, then you have the fuel cap button and the traction control button. unclip them, not forgetting which is which, and the start installing the arm rest, you will need a dremal to cut the coin tray out so the base can stick through.

and thats it.

leon291155

Jan 11, 2006
Hey Adz87 , done mate :D, fitted perfectly but the side plastic cover was a little longer so i cut about 1cm of it,and the colour fitted perfectly too,thx mate (you are the man) :funk:
DSC00074d-1.jpg

leon291155

Jan 11, 2006
Thank god for that!
Why did you take the picture upside down?

it was a very quick and happy pic after fitting the armrest ,
and about the ebay deal go for it i think its a great offer and believe me its one from the best mods you can spend on it

Adz87

Jul 23, 2008
Southampton
well all you need to really do is undo the centre consul and move it up so you can get to the back of the hand break to fix the metal base. have a look at my pics on the first page and you should get in done in about 45 mins including cutting the coin tray out.. but when i did mine i went through this site a few times

http://www.cupra.net/Leon/Mein_Cupra/MAL/page_01.html

hope that helps! dude

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
When I did mine I literally just cut the coin tray out using a stanley knife around the top of the tray, not the bottom. The plastic covers of the arm rest upright will hide the uneven edges.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.