• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

Brakedown/info call loop

Jul 8, 2024
Hi guys

Had my formentor about 3 weeks and today it did this weird call loop where it tried to phone brakedown assistance in a continuous loop. Any idea what caused it?

Tell

Staff member
Sounds like the old telematics box issue but that suppose to be sorted. Did you try the trusty reboot of the infotainment unit. Long hold on the on / off switch till the splash screen reappears. That's the normal one you do if the infotainment system is playing up. Probably isn't that thou, could be or the pesky telematics box. Dealer referral if it's that new and still playing up. Leaving the car for 20 minutes locked has the same effect of the infotainement reboot since circuits are powered down. This comes up when people say it fixed itself. The reboot speeds that up if the issue is around the infotainment unit. As said if persistent go back to your dealer since it feels like the old issue. Might need the software updating by them or said telematics box changing.

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
Any idea what caused it?
To me it seems to be the famous (infamous) roof controi panel - the one with the reading lights, SOS button, Service cal etc. - that is known to fail VERY often. I know quite a few Formentor owners that replaced more than one unit under warranty. In some cases the lights don't work as they should, in other cases the sunroof control just dies, for others it just dials Breakdown Service randomly and sometimes the emergency service...

Tell

Staff member
To me it seems to be the famous (infamous) roof controi panel - the one with the reading lights, SOS button, Service cal etc. - that is known to fail VERY often. I know quite a few Formentor owners that replaced more than one unit under warranty. In some cases the lights don't work as they should, in other cases the sunroof control just dies, for others it just dials Breakdown Service randomly and sometimes the emergency service...
That's the one they call the telematics box. It was that and the infotainment unit firmware. Defer to @East Yorkshire Retrofits to explain. VAG sorted out VW cars first, Skoda then Seat / Cupra. The issue ran from 2020 on. They were slow to sort it out. Quite a few people abandoned ship with the faults including moderators. Well it's been 4 years of the mib3 unit and the databus they use in the MQB Evo cars and related so you'd expect they would be on top of it. Old stock and second cars not updated or fixed you'd think were subject to it.

MQB Evo on the list

When the emergency call starts to play up you hang onto the button and let go... you'll find it on the threads. That was the temporary fix till the telematics box and associated firmware is sorted out. Basically it was a recall.

Last edited:
Reactions: CupForm
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise