Best H7 bulbs (without converting to HID)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
What have you gone for in the dipped?
You could get the matching temperature ie 6k?
You could get 4300k?

Your choice :)

I had 8k in my dipped and high beam (on my old car) and it was like driving in daylight!

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
I need to replace the main bulbs (the headlights used for everyday driving) which I gather are H7 - I don't want to upgrade to HID but would like to get a decent set of H7s, any tips?

Cheers, Chris

Just order some Osram Nightbreakers off eBay so I'll be able to give a decent review with pictures next week after they have arrived. H7 and H1 came to £32 inclusive of postage, both sets also came with free 501 side bulbs.

Got them from here: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/leadinglamps/

shep1984

I would have to say go for the HID option. I have tried uprated Halogen bulbs on prev cars and not been that impressed. Fitted a set of 6k H7 Hids from Hids4u yesterday and the improvement is huge, to be honest i dont see there being a need to go for full beam as well as main as the mains are so bright - but each to their own.

Ballasts will not fit into the light - too large. I removed my front bumper - much easier that way and fitted them behind the bumper before replacing it. They can be mounted anywhere really with sticky pads and cable ties. The hids4u set came with all that i needed.

1L19

Sep 1, 2008
Barnstaple
Don't 100w bulbs burn themselves out?? So I've heard anyway

I'm thinking about gettin HIDs but a bit put off by the fact that my insurance won't let me modify my car at the moment

gard_ian8

Mar 5, 2007
is there a easy to follow guide for purchasing and fitting a HID kit? could do with some brighter bulbs, any links would be great

Thanks

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
just to point out 100w bulbs are illegal on the road, and they are also pretty much doubling the current drawn which probably isn't a good thing!

in addition to this i have had issues with the 100w bulbs melting, burning, turning black and causing a haze on the light lense. (H1 in this case)

dg-1984

May 28, 2008
Glasgow'ish
Just been reading the posts because I am changing the standard bulbs to better ones, after reading a few differnt posts I went for Philips Vision plus, read good things about them and they seem to be highly recommended. Hopefully good improvement over standard.

After reading this thread people make it seam so easy to convert to HID, people just saying buy them off ebay and fit, but you need to wire up the power module that powers the HID bulbs off the original wiring, then mount it somewhere that is safe and secure, the modules are not tiny so require some space for mounting. It can be done but also need to make sure that they are legal and dont dazzle on coming traffic as there is nothing worse.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.