Best H7 bulbs (without converting to HID)

neocaligatio

I need to replace the main bulbs (the headlights used for everyday driving) which I gather are H7 - I don't want to upgrade to HID but would like to get a decent set of H7s, any tips?

Cheers, Chris

neocaligatio

I was looking at nightbreakers so that seems a good choice.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get to the passenger side cluster to actually change the bulb!

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
not difficult. but you need to remove some bits of plastic... philips screw driver i think.

Yep - just done this last week after replacing faulty hids :(
2 philips screws holding the right hand plastic bit to the slam panel, and pop the battery cover off as well, still a bit fiddly if youve got big hands like me tho as andy says not difficult.

turbin

just to point out 100w bulbs are illegal on the road, and they are also pretty much doubling the current drawn which probably isn't a good thing!

they work for me. Only offroad ofcourse...

Mr_Tom_Tom

Nov 2, 2008
Kent
So do you recommand nightbreakers to get as close to HID .... if so that be result casue i dont wanna get HID but would like legal bulbs to look like them :)

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
Very interested in the recommendations in this thread. I don't to put HID's on my car but have been in need of some decent bulbs. You can tell when a newer car with high power bulbs is behind cause they tend to out shine your own :)

I'll have to have a search/read about 'nightbreakers'.

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
I have the nightbreakers and they were a big improvement over the previous ones. Mind you someone had fitted the cheapo blue tint versions :whistle:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Any reason why some of you don't want to go the HID route?. Price, fitting, legality? etc...
Just wondering because for some of them bulbs the price is not far off the HID sets. They are easy to fit, better than any of the standard bulbs, will pass an MOT but yes are probably not legal but I doubt you'll have an issue.

Mr_Tom_Tom

Nov 2, 2008
Kent
I Do Wanna Go HID but the prob is I been told that its alot of money to put HID in when they dnt come with them, how much are they to be fitted

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
You can get a set of hids for less than £40 on ebay.

And comparing HIDs to even nightbreakers is like comparing Tesco beans to Heinz beans ;)

turbin

You can get a set of hids for less than £40 on ebay.

And comparing HIDs to even nightbreakers is like comparing Tesco beans to Heinz beans ;)

But you need a new housing for the HID`s right? So theres another 200bucs...

turbin

was under the impression ud get to much spread then.... thats why ppl go with proper reflectors as well.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise