APR or Bells Auto???

Nov 28, 2006
A little worrying that someone could have the Revo trial and not bother to get the full version for whatever reason. Months down the line they could have a SEAT warranty dispute and SEAT could see Revo written all over the code.

bellautos

A little worrying that someone could have the Revo trial and not bother to get the full version for whatever reason. Months down the line they could have a SEAT warranty dispute and SEAT could see Revo written all over the code.

Yes it is intresting isnt it !!

Again im not sticking up for time trial companys nor slagging them BUT
The dealer will find it VERY hard to detect this changed code.

The tools the dealer use cant read this info format from the ecu.
The full version mapping is a different matter tho IMHO

I can see it because of the tools i use to read the car and the software i use to look at the files.

But saying that this info can be seen in a file with a simple hex editor or even in note pad if the file were to be read by some other means.

Never the less the data is still there and able to be found a long time after the trial has expired.

Last edited by a moderator:

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
a good read this thread, some great info put up by Pete
I am now swayed towards a BAS remap, as your not really that far from me

my only concern when it came to choosing a map is i would prefer one that has easily switchable modes (like revo via SPS). i assume this isnt possible with BAs map?

bellautos

No im very sorry i dont do switches. :(

To make a map switchable the only option is totaly NON standard code flashed to the ecu .

And since this thread looks at forms of non standard/factory code the explnation why i wont use it is clear :)

Give me a shout when your ready for a map m8 .

Regards pete

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
will do pete, as i say it would be nice but isnt imperitive

it would only be for if i gave it to a garage or let family/females drive it

think ill be looking somewhere between your top two maps as ill have panel,d/v, TIP, all boost hoses samco'd done with exhuast soon to follow

not sure whether to do exhuast before map or after as ive been very patient in terms of mapping and getting other things done first

Niall

Aug 6, 2003
www.testrake.com
Seat dealers performing HEX dumps / reading code :cartman:

Maybe Seat HQ could :shrug:

Mine couldn't find their Arse with both hands

Story over here is that Seat HQ in the netherlands will be start downing the Hex-data from the car before warranty work is carried out to make sure car hasn't been remapped by anybody other than them. If remapped by a third tuning company then bye bye warranty.:(

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I don't think it will be long until this is the case. Seat and other manufacturers must know that people get their cars remapped and simply don't declare it, so they must be looking into ways of proving this theory. The same applies to insurance companies. It wont be long before HEX software is used across the board. That's a good thing, IMO.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
SEAT UK used to send ECU's to AMD to investigate what was up with a car if it'd blown the engine...

I wonder if any AMD remapped ECU's had "failled" engines or if it was just other tuners

bellautos

Mork I understand your position and agree with any decision you make.

I wont post about this any more, ill keep my thaughts to my self.

Sorry

gtd86

Doctor of driving
Sep 9, 2006
www.batit.com
woohoo booked in for monday to get my remap done, will let you know how it is once done, got 3 1/2 hour drive back to scotland anyway so plenty time to roadtest.

I only started this thread yesterday n 96 replies already, thanks for all the info, n opinions cheers!!!

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
woohoo booked in for monday to get my remap done, will let you know how it is once done, got 3 1/2 hour drive back to scotland anyway so plenty time to roadtest.

I only started this thread yesterday n 96 replies already, thanks for all the info, n opinions cheers!!!

Thats if Pete's garage is still there Monday, kind of breezy round here at the moment.

bellautos

Thats true m8 ,, my old ranshacle garage is struggeling to keep its roof on today :(

Im thinking one min the doors roof and everything is going to blow away lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.