Anyone interested in Ibiza Total Closure?

andir

All fellow mk3 'ers,

I want (like our bigger bro's the Leon) remote window (and mirrors if u can be arsed to shell out for em) from the autowindow unit. I dropped the the boys at autowindow a mail and got a response from a guy called scott who said the following:-

The Ibiza is not a supported car for AutoWindow at this time. We have nothing comparable to this car's door electronics in North America so we have not been able to develop for it. I would dearly like to support the Ibiza, and Polo 9N I think these cars are derivatives of one another, no? If you have an oscilloscope at your disposal and can spend a couple hours documenting the wires found at your window motor controller... then we'd know better if / how / where / what to fit from the AutoWindow model line-up. Or what development we'd have to do to make it work. I can give you explicit instructions on what to probe and what to do with the door controls and remote as you are probing.. we just need to know the results. Some electrical pulses are so fast a normal volt meter won't respond, hence the requirement for an oscilloscope -anything that can measure a 20 millisecond pulse is fine, so even a very low-end scope would do. ebay? It was by doing something similar with lucky help from a couple of members from seatcupra.net forum that I was able to invent the Reflex model for Leon Cupra, which as you know does mirrors.

Therefore my point (got there in the end) is can anyone here help Scott out and give hime what he needs so that we too can enjoy the benefits!!! :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I should be able to scam a 'scope from work (or a PC based one costs next to nothing)

All I'd need are his instructions as to what he wants & a mk3 Ibiza.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
When we did the work with the Leon, Scott mentioned using an oscilloscope, but I didn't use one when doing/confirming the tests (but don't know about DU02), just a digital multimeter.

Then again, it seemed like we were just confirming the wiring on the windows which appears to be the same as the Golf/Beetle. On the mirrors, I don't think he had anything else to go on.

Scott knew that I didn't use a oscilloscope btw.

autoScott

Jul 25, 2003
Canada
www.autowindow.com
OK - update - Ibiza Mk4 is now a supported car for AutoWindow's. I've posted a thread in the Mk4 forum about its launch. Very first question: does it work on Mk3 !! No rest for the wicked, I tell you.

Right now, I'm just trying to determine what are the electrical difference b/w Mk3 and Mk4 as far as window electronics go.

Very first question: can you twist the key in the door to roll windows up/down on Mk3?
Second quesiton: have you got an alarm LED on the driver's door?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
scott - I have access to a Mk3 ibiza now

yes it does have a flashing LED on the door.

I'll check the key thing, but I fear the answer is 'no' (that said - i use the button)

autoScott

Jul 25, 2003
Canada
www.autowindow.com
andyj said:
The answer to the key thing is actually YES ;)

Lock the car, and then turn the key and hold, and any open windows will close ;) Saves you putting the key in the ignition, and closing the windows ;) Works on Mk2 as well ;)

Sounds promising. Got any pictures of the driver's door with the door card removed? Something that shows the wiring harness and window motor controller.

Better yet - got the vehicle schematics for this model year of Ibiza (the comfort control sheets is all I need to see)?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
SCott - you got mail

I'll try the Mk2 later as well - I have wiring diag's for that

I can also compare side by side (handy having one of each on the drive)

autoScott

Jul 25, 2003
Canada
www.autowindow.com
m0rk said:
SCott - you got mail

I'll try the Mk2 later as well - I have wiring diag's for that

I can also compare side by side (handy having one of each on the drive)

Sure please send wiring diagram for the central locking and convenience controls for MK2 if you have them.

Fl@pper is sending Mk3 diagrams soon..

After looking a bit at those we need to locate and test wires in the car, and it may be necessary to experiment a bit.. Indeed! Having both on your driveway is handy and a bonus if you're good with electrics and have a meter.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Mk3 yes, I think the Mk2 is inconvienient & as doesn't seem to want to play ball, i'll get the door card off to see what the crack is (might be a loose wire, or just rubbish)

Ryan-RE

Jul 2, 2005
andyj said:
The answer to the key thing is actually YES ;)

Lock the car, and then turn the key and hold, and any open windows will close ;) Saves you putting the key in the ignition, and closing the windows ;) Works on Mk2 as well ;)

i think thats counts for most vag cars now, my dads passat does it 2. he loves takin the piss outa me cos i gotta do em up using the buttons on my crappy punto

autoScott

Jul 25, 2003
Canada
www.autowindow.com
There must be a definitive answer on the Mk2 doing key / windows or not.
For here, let's focus on Mk3 and keep it on topic for this sub-group.
If anyone is willing to take their door card off and record some photos and take notes of wire colors... we'll be half way to determining if AutoWindow has a chance for Mk3.
Contact me IM or PM or email, so we can get detailed.. if you're the willing one with a Mk3, you must have a volt meter handy as well.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Scott - I already mailled you yesterday :) Fluke meter lives in toolkit

The Mk2 doesn't - end of story.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members