AM04 Turbo

Shock_Xe

ibiza-cupra said:
so there's a very noticable gain post 5000 rpm over ko3s? im peaking 20 and loosing 7 psi to the red line with my ko3s.

K03s will hold around 10-12psi when we originally had the K03s 3 years ago we made 240bhp @ jabba with peak power at 5300rpm and still had 210bhp at 6k

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
I was just been cheeky in asking for a price, both Mike & Adam won't have a price at the moment due to been in the middle of developing the latest turbo. I'm sure once it's done they'll post pictures and details of it! :D

Shock_Xe

we had advertised the prices previously as this was completed originally nearly 1 year ago, however people were sceptical cause it was new and fairly unknown being one of the first to do so. so intrest was high but mainly test pilots & talkers, so we decided to revise the turbo, continue developing and carry on testing it

ibiza-cupra

May 6, 2006
castleford
Shock_Xe said:
we had advertised the prices previously as this was completed originally nearly 1 year ago, however people were sceptical cause it was new and fairly unknown being one of the first to do so. so intrest was high but mainly test pilots & talkers, so we decided to revise the turbo, continue developing and carry on testing it

and we have results as soon as you do?

Shock_Xe

ibiza-cupra said:
and we have results as soon as you do?

of course.

You seen the results of the first turbo (stg1) These results 275bhp & 280lbs with 245bhp @ 7krpm on 25psi spike 23psi hold were on standard manni with my mods 3" Dp, 17Core FMIC etc etc

The 2nd AM04 achieved 255bhp & 310lbs with 245bhp @7k rpm on 22psi Spike 19psi hold with out manni but with smaller 2.5" Miltek Dp and Smalller Forge Core and lower boost

The next gen fitted to mine currently has the modified Turbine Housing & Large Port Mannifold, an oil cooler and will have larger end tanks on core. Awaiting to have re-tweak @ Jabba and results to follow

Ibiza Cupra

any updates??? Is the kit £1600 all fitted and supplied??? Thats what i've heard.

What does the kit include? Turbo DP and Mani????

What would you charge for the complete conversion??? IE Standard everything to 250bhp+++????

May 2, 2006
any updates??? Is the kit £1600 all fitted and supplied??? Thats what i've heard.

What does the kit include? Turbo DP and Mani????

What would you charge for the complete conversion??? IE Standard everything to 250bhp+++????

it wasnt this turbo i was saying was £1600 mate, its just this turbo got brought into the thread later on matey

if you want to know the exact turbo and place i was on about PM me

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
think it was me that said £1600 (or there about) to get am04 running, this included a remap which A&M dont do themselves

price breakdown came from mike and adam themselves in a thread earlier in the year

May 2, 2006
yeah iv he has pm'd me mate, he was on about the APR k04 001 stage 3 which i got quotd the above for fitting and mapping

the price for the AM04 wouldnt include fitting, that would prob be a extra 300/400 notes also

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
yeah i did say in that particular post that in total its gonna be around £3k altogether to get it running where it should be. its alot of money but its alot of power

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
This is the list of what my engine modifications will be once the AM04 turbo arrives, along with the costs. Please note that if you are going for the 230+ power bracket you’ll certainly want better brakes, tyres and suspension.

Let’s start from where the air first gets sucked into;

- 3" JABBA Induction Kit: £230.00
- 3" S3 MAF Tube: £75.00
- Samco S3 Tip: £90.00
- Forge DV007P: £95.00
- N249 Bypass: £10.00
- AM04 Stage 2 Turbo: £800.00
- Heat Wrapped Charge Pipe: £10.00
- Forge FMIC: £735.00
- Intercooler Misting Spray: £30.00
- Aquamist 1S System: £385.00
- Evo-Shield Intake Gasket: £90.00
- 440cc Green Top Injectors: £195.00
- JABBA Sport Mapping: £475.00 ~ £700.00
- A&M High Flow Exhaust Manifold: £280.00
- Blueflame 2.75” Turbo Back Exhaust w/ Sports CAT: £525.00

I still need to fit a fair few of the part’s and have the car mapped but everything apart from the mapping has been bought and paid for so the prices are what you’ll no doubt have to pay unless there’s been some major changes. The variation in the mapping price is due to the time spent, standard charge is £475.00 however that’s for 3 hour work, and if it takes any longer it’ll be £60.00 extra per hour.

Don’t forget all the above prices are part’s with supply only, I can’t comment on labor costs due to everything been fitted by myself. Also I haven’t listed the prices of preparing the car for its turbo kit, i.e cam belt, water pump, oil, filter and clutch change.

Also need to check on how effective the cooling is once it’ all up and running, they may be a need for a larger FMIC but I’m hoping the Forge together with the Evo-Shield and Aquamist will suffice. Another thing I’m looking into is a full 3” turbo back exhaust system with a possible de-cat.

I’ll one day get round to making a post about the car from past to present as it’ll have gone from standard, to chipped K03 with mods then to AM04. It may (or may not) make a good read for those who don’t know how far they want to take their car power wise.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
can i ask how YOU personally feel about spending that amount of money on the car

i know its a strange one to answer so break it down into say..do you personally think its worth it, any regrets starting it and do you think you will keep the car longer than you would have on stock turbo?

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.