• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Abs bleeding procedure

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
sounds like the same problem, then you can push the brakes while moving and the brake biting point moves up and brakes become very good, how they should be. Im on my third set of discs due to warping aswell!!!

May 16, 2008
southampton
kind of yeah i got told to get the abs pump to kick in a few times as i fitted a new one saturday, and get it to push the air out that way so i booted the car round the streets and heavy on brakes, and i done that today and my pedal has come back to solid. so maybe air in abs pump mate.. ill let you know if it stays good or goes bad again.

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
got it back today from audi still not impressed with it to be honest, they bleed it a few times did not carryout an abs bleed they said cos ive put new dics and pads on need to bed in and warm up but its still going back because i dont think the brakes have improved any still loads of pedal travel and you can pump the biting point up so it brakes nearer the top of the peadal

getting the abs pump to work what do you mean????

May 16, 2008
southampton
when mine was bad it would not pump up it stayed rubbish. and to get the abs pump to work you need to do about 40mph and press brake very hard as if your doing an emergancy stop and you should fill it in the pedal pulsing. after i done this it pushed the air behind the pump so you can bleed it ..

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
ive been told by a seat mechanic if you pressure bleed the system with under 1 bar of pressure all the valves are open and the system will bleed as normal not even needing to do an abs bleed apparently, im really fed up with this as not even the pros know whats wrong with it!!!

May 16, 2008
southampton
well what have you changed mate cause i change lots before i got mine fixed, but the abs pump was the last thing i fitted and mine is fine now.. when your sat stillnot moving and hand break off dose the pedal start to give under presure if you keep pushing it cause thats what mine done, and when driving it , it was going down 2 inchs then starting to stop. but felt spongey and not solid ..

greg

Aug 31, 2005
Mine is the same as Karls Cupra's. I did a few emergency stops yesterday and i swear it made the brakes better after that. So should i bleed the brakes now? Or maybe bleed the ABS pump as well using VAG com?

May 16, 2008
southampton
Mine is the same as Karls Cupra's. I did a few emergency stops yesterday and i swear it made the brakes better after that. So should i bleed the brakes now? Or maybe bleed the ABS pump as well using VAG com?

i havent bleed mine again since getting a very good pedal but im going to on saturday cause if there was air in front of the abs pump and its now behind i want to get that air out .. also on the odd occasion the pedal goes a little softer but not a lot so maybe still a bit of air left in there ..

might be worth a little bleed with vag com , cant do no harm really

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
iancupra off here drove mine today and he thought my brakes were attrocious compared to his, his bro is a mechanic and he has explained my issues with him so im waiting to here from him, what i did not mention is when i replaced the brembos i had to replace the pasenger brake line from the abs pump because my unoins were siezed on my old pipe may this be the cause as the pipe id is smaller or bigger than std causing the spongey pedal?

May 16, 2008
southampton
mine has done 91k so same problem at same time then really, year 2000 registered jan 01.. see when my abs pump packed up i never got a light on the dash or any thing to tell me it had gone ..

Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)