1/4 mile times

Boc-Chris

Boca Boy
Jul 21, 2010
Scotland
Chris: You say you had a blow bov spacer? What happened?

BAD BAD BAD NEWS! ive said for a while that my bov has blown well last week the epc light came on and i checked the bay.... only to find oil all over my engine, the bov was spewing oil out over the engine.

Apr 9, 2009
Aren't they going to wonder where the oil managed to get out of? Hope it gets sorted that's very strange! May be worth speaking to forge as well in regards to how this could have happened

Boc-Chris

Boca Boy
Jul 21, 2010
Scotland
Aren't they going to wonder where the oil managed to get out of? Hope it gets sorted that's very strange! May be worth speaking to forge as well in regards to how this could have happened

yeah but thats not the main problem, my car doesnt drive anymore at all, im running on 3 pistons epc light + engine management, same problems coming back :(

Deleted member 55317

dont think the bov spacer would cause this.....the pistons arent even related to it as far as im aware......your car is running a custom map isnt it....i know from forge that the OEM DV struggles sometimes with increased boost pressure and warmer climates (bit retarded consodering SEAT are spanish but what they hay) maybe ur map cause the OEM DV to fail

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
BAD BAD BAD NEWS! ive said for a while that my bov has blown well last week the epc light came on and i checked the bay.... only to find oil all over my engine, the bov was spewing oil out over the engine.

your BOV shouldnt have any oil flowing through it at all?
it should be connected in the intake air path , so if you have got oil coming from it you have a major problem somewhere?

or unless the design is different for the turbo and supercharger to work together? but i would be very suprised if any fluid was involved.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
i need to get my car to the pod. it is now stage 2. collect it tomorrow night. will have dyno graphs etc and performance figures all sorted.

little teaser of the stage 1 performance.
0-62 consistently less than 6 seconds (VCDS recorded)
0-100 consistently less than 14 seconds (VCDS recorded)

stage 2 is now on, as is the downpipe. Stock cat back, stock intercooler and stock air intake. so potential more gains to be had from bolt ons as well.

where are the settings in vcds for this?
can i have the instructions please? ;)

i heard there was a 0-60 but i thought once your car was mapped it was very inaccurate?

Boc-Chris

Boca Boy
Jul 21, 2010
Scotland
i used to post problems about my car constantly, ive had it in the garage 8 times possibly more, ive lost count. Id been given a new engine, injectors, spark plugs, fuel pump, drained tank... countless software updates to try and fix the same problem im begining to get again

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
where are the settings in vcds for this?
can i have the instructions please? ;)

i heard there was a 0-60 but i thought once your car was mapped it was very inaccurate?

no idea mate how it was done the guy who mapped my fabia did it. VCDS records speed, and you also reate time stamps when logging, so iirc he used both to calculate the speed times.

that would make the fact that car being mapped or standard irrelevant. I think what you are referring to as being inaccurate are the power/torque measurements you can do with VCDS

Deleted member 55317

Ive done a 14.666 cause i'm 6 stone heavier than Ross :p
Completely standard minus the spare wheel...

maybe the blue paint is lighter ;)

lol i wish my dad had filmed our wee race better it was sooooooo close all you see is the sky and road and him shouting haha!! useless!

oh and i had no spare wheel either!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members