FItted N75j Valve

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
Hey guys just fitted my N75j valve at the weekend. First impressiong were great. found much smoother boost and better pick up. Boost peaks at 11psi, then drops and holds at around 9psi. Great little andworth doing, very please.

Black TDI Turbo

Oct 2, 2005
North East
Av heard the there is problems with the valve wen revo remap is done but heard good reviews on the valve. Lots of ppl seem to have them and no problems. i know they can sumtimes cause extreme boost which cause the vehicle to go into limp mode but i will see how it goes on mine and give it a try. Cheers

mark_20vt

yaksamash...
Apr 2, 2006
king's lynn/ basingstoke
n75j's are meant for big turbo engines as they come standard on BAM engines (225bhp 20vt's) dont they? i was getting an error code charge control pressure: negative deviation when running an n75j. swapped it for an n75f and everything i s hunky dory now! wouldn't bother with it mate only gonna cause hassle down the line i'd imagine

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
what is it gang up on me day?....fine then..." wow! an increase of 4/5psi just by changing the n75, thats bloody amazing, gonna send my ebay chip back cos this is soooo much better!"

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
check your logs, your requested will still be the same, even if it over delivers a little the same fuel is going in so more than likely you arnt getting any extra shetland ponies under the bonnet.

Black TDI Turbo

Oct 2, 2005
North East
Thanks for the advice from the people who arnt K**b heads and cheers, i will see how it goes and if not will revert back to the standard valve. As for acidstrato your intitled to your opinion, and im just going off my gauge, i know gauges can be wrong and not accurate. Plus its a small increase of about 2psi and makes the car just feel alittle smoother and picks up alittle better.

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
cheers pal, you had any issues with boosting before? ive got it at mo, appranlty might have something to do with temp sensor...abit of trial an error
cheers

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
Thanks for the advice from the people who arnt K**b heads and cheers, i will see how it goes and if not will revert back to the standard valve. As for acidstrato your intitled to your opinion, and im just going off my gauge, i know gauges can be wrong and not accurate. Plus its a small increase of about 2psi and makes the car just feel alittle smoother and picks up alittle better.

alot of ibizas make 6psi max standard, but most peak to about 7psi or 0.5bar

you said yours is now peaking at 11psi, which is more than a bloody Ibiza Cupra R peaks at...thats not 'about 2 psi' is it

im sorry u caught the flak end of my night at the pub but what you said wont really be happening. from what iv seen in the past there is no improvement in boost at all from swapping to a J valve, only to the way the boost is delivered which makes the car feel quicker, but in reality its not, the more you gain below the more you lose up high

Black TDI Turbo

Oct 2, 2005
North East
Yeh no bother we all get those moments lol. I have a autometer gauge fitted t-pieced into the vacuum line just before the fuel pressure regulator. When i first put it in it and checked it, it boosts at wat i say, 3rd gear 1500rpm then full throttle boosts upto 8-9 thn dropped to bout 6-7 now ive fitted this valve it peaks at 10-11 then drops to bout 8-9psi. What i will try and do is go out in it this afternoon and take sum pics on my fone or get sum1 too do it for me, might be abit dodgy otherwise :) lol and just show you.

Black TDI Turbo

Oct 2, 2005
North East
Hi just been out in it there warmed her up and then took some pics. See wat u think.

Vacuum Idle - http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e202/C-Taylor/DSC00298.jpg

Boost Peak - http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e202/C-Taylor/DSC00303.jpg

Boost Holding - http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e202/C-Taylor/DSC00301.jpg

Sprry bout pic too was hard to hit the peak and capture the pic at the same time. i also took a vid which shows it hitting 11psi but unable to download to computer sorry. What you think, feedback?

Last edited:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
interesting (not that i was ever calling you a lier though)

its easy to blame a gauge, but autometer arent bad gauges at all

but id be hesitant to say that was down to the n75J, you sure it wasnt doing that before with the stock valve. if it was just 1 or 2psi i wouldnt even bother posting but when its that much over normal it just seems odd, cupra R map levels

Black TDI Turbo

Oct 2, 2005
North East
Nope definatly when stock valve on it was producing what i said before, 8-9 peak 6-7 holding. I was happy when i seen such an improvement when i put the valve on however i can understand how people can claim sumthing and people not believe them. I just wanted to show you just so i can gain sum feedback on it and what peoples opinions are, and why its this high and is it normal lol. Am happy to try and prove am show what im claiming.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.