• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Drivers power window not working

Oct 18, 2024
Please help
Seat leon 2019 1.5 tgi
No visible errors on the dash
Drivers windows not going up or down when the switch is pressed. Also front passenger windows has lost its automatic mode.
When I put the key in the lock, that can put the window down.
I think I have checked the fuses and they seem all OK. Although, I could not find a fuse that is directly linked to Power Windows.
Thanks

Last edited:

ViperSlider

Mar 26, 2024
Cardiff, S.Wales
Not suggesting this is the solution but more a piece of information to consider...

The driver window switch pack can become damaged due to water ingress from the window as water often runs off the roof in the window if open soaking the inner drivers door card and electrics on the door card.

The passenger side auto feature can be re-programmed if it's lost the calibration.

Regardless, first thing I would do is get a fault code scan done using professional diagnostic equipment to see if there are any fault codes stored in the door modules.

Oct 18, 2024
Not suggesting this is the solution but more a piece of information to consider...

The driver window switch pack can become damaged due to water ingress from the window as water often runs off the roof in the window if open soaking the inner drivers door card and electrics on the door card.

The passenger side auto feature can be re-programmed if it's lost the calibration.

Regardless, first thing I would do is get a fault code scan done using professional diagnostic equipment to see if there are any fault codes stored in the door modules.
OK, So the door modules will give out error codes. Thanks :) Will have that checked out tomorrow and let everybody know

Reactions: ViperSlider
Oct 18, 2024
HI guys,
Unfortunately, no errors at all
There are no codes on the car.
Is it common for these power windows switches to fail?