• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

MIB2 ,video no ,mirorlink no ! ???

Paris

Sep 11, 2015
Paris (french)
Hello to all

following my order to our "Chinese friends" they sent me a multimedia set (radioandroid)

I disconnected everything, radio and SSD cdrom , but surprise at reassembly

not the right cable and yet I have a few times repeated before ordering with photos!

In short am waiting for an answer that may never come...

Can I use the car without reconnecting the cdrom drive/ SSD and the media center?

No risk of displaying any errors?

thanks

Tell

Staff member
Hello to all

following my order to our "Chinese friends" they sent me a multimedia set (radioandroid)

not the right cable and yet I have a few times repeated before ordering with photos!

Can I use the car without reconnecting the cdrom drive/ SSD and the media center?

thanks
Must have been lost in translation. 😉

I think you can run it with the unit unplugged although @East Yorkshire Retrofits would know. They would have sold you a mib2 high for what you wanted. As said before there is talk on the board about it back in 2018 I reckon on these Android swap outs. Best to view it as an experiment. Probably needs convertor cables or something.

Hello to all

thanks

Yes you can use it. It's likely how you'll continue to use it shortly after getting annoyed with the Chinese unit and launching it in the nearest bin

• Haha
Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Yes you can use it. It's likely how you'll continue to use it shortly after getting annoyed with the Chinese unit and launching it in the nearest bin
The chipset is probably similar. Mib2s (standard or high... one of them) have the Nexus 7 processors in them but obviously written for the infotainment unit task in Linux ordained by VAG specs of look and feel why the mib2 standard and high although different units have the same user interface. The Chinese units are where Android meets Vag Chinese style. Putting in an Android phone / tablet into the dashboard but without the QA. For Mib3 QA became a mute point as just in time took over 😅...

Chinese products can be like Calafornian wine, tastes awful, with no QA. Remember the stuff I drunk in Hawaii. No DOC QA. This is where you wonder whether Chinese cars are built with screws like you find in the wireless door bells where the heads twist off or whether they will be like HP laptops, Fire TVs etc built well. As the Tavascan heads over here we'll see on the VAG front.

Paris

Sep 11, 2015
Paris (french)
Can anyone tell me what these connectors are?

usb, that ok, there is a gps antenna, radio and the other?

Who is who?

I think I should not use any of these connectors with Chinese multimedia, right?

thank you

Attachments

• Image 006.jpg
    Image 006.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 9

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I'm not an expert on Fakra connectors, but I'd guess from what I've seen before that the white connector you label 'USB' is in fact a Fakra Z dual antenna connector.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
Die Farben der Fakra-Stecker sind standardisiert. 5 Minuten Google-Suche ... Blau ist GPS, Weiß ist FM-Antennen, ...

Paris

Sep 11, 2015
Paris (french)
after searching, I find pink, GPS and blue GPS ?
the white , I wrote USB because I’ve followed the cable that went green the usb sockets ,but I did not see well...
when to the yellow? not clear all this , but not important I think
because all these antenna cables will not be used I think .

the big problems is the main connector , 16 has 20 wires on mine and about 10 wires on the new , not very logical ! without documentation of the car radio (which I’m waiting for ) it’s not easy .

my cable

Attachments

• Image 002.jpg
    Image 002.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Image 003.jpg
    Image 003.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Paris

Sep 11, 2015
Paris (french)
the cable of the new car radio that connects
Following the original , I do not understand why we do not take back all the threads?

Attachments

• C.jpg
    C.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 8

Paris

Sep 11, 2015
Paris (french)
HSD , ok ,
so , high-speed cables for audio and other ?
but how to think that it will not be used after
the new car radio will need to communicate with audio outputs , so ?
I hope they will send me a documentation soon .