• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

rear calliper carrier part number for 272 discs

NeilMcK

Dec 31, 2007
Central Scotland
I’m looking for some help.

I need to replace the rear calliper carrier on my Leon 184 with the 272mm rear discs.

I’ve seen some online, but have no idea if they are correct.

does anyone know the Seat part number for that carrier?

thanks in advance for any help.

Neil

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Depends on your caliper.
My (2014 184) carrier with the manual handbrake is =
5Q0615425A caliper carrier left
5Q0615426A caliper carrier right

Or later cars with EPB
8V0615425 caliper carrier

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Why do you need to replace them?
Usually they can be cleaned up with a wire brush/file.

NeilMcK

Dec 31, 2007
Central Scotland
Why do you need to replace them?
Usually they can be cleaned up with a wire brush/file.
I changed the rear discs and pads and one of the bolts was a nightmare to get out, breaker bar tight all the way with release oil etc.

I replaced the bolts as a matter of course and it was tight going in (not breaker bar tight).
I got it torqued ok, but I’m not happy and don’t trust a helicoil in the level of torque required, so going to replace the carrier to assuage my paranoia.

Am I being over cautious? Maybe, but if I don’t change it it’ll niggle me every time I press the brake…

cheers,

Neil.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Aha ok, one of the small M8 bolts which hold the caliper to the carrier? or the bog bolts which bolt the carrier to the knuckle?

I had a similar problem with my old Audi A4 B6 - tried doing a rear brake job when I first got the car but couldn't undo the carrier bolts - so I figured out I could change the discs without touching the carriers! Well I re-fitted everything to find the disc binding on the carrier! WTF! turned out the corrosion from the Ali knuckle had grown so much it was skewing the carrier - into the new discs. The old thin disc didn't contact. That was why the bolts were so tight - as the Ali had grown stretching them! Had to make a tool to go in my big bertha breaker bar to get the carriers off to file their mounting flat.

Reactions: NeilMcK

NeilMcK

Dec 31, 2007
Central Scotland
Aha ok, one of the small M8 bolts which hold the caliper to the carrier? or the bog bolts which bolt the carrier to the knuckle?

I had a similar problem with my old Audi A4 B6 - tried doing a rear brake job when I first got the car but couldn't undo the carrier bolts - so I figured out I could change the discs without touching the carriers! Well I re-fitted everything to find the disc binding on the carrier! WTF! turned out the corrosion from the Ali knuckle had grown so much it was skewing the carrier - into the new discs. The old thin disc didn't contact. That was why the bolts were so tight - as the Ali had grown stretching them! Had to make a tool to go in my big bertha breaker bar to get the carriers off to file their mounting flat.
Hi, no, it was one of the splined bolts. It was a total pig to get out, I must be getting old/unfit as it took ages. I don;t trust it, so ordered a new carrier and new bolts for that side.

Thanks for the part numbers - really helped :cool:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise