Lights on while parked

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK
I've seen a few VW group cars including one mk3 leon with drls on while parked.
How is this enabled and does it not drain the battery?

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
Sure?

what I have in mind is the daytime running light which is also the parking light

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240928-172717.png
    Screenshot_20240928-172717.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 10

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK
Yes, parking light is 1 side light only, not DRLs.
The cars I've noticed with them on are both lights but dimmer to when you unlock the car or when car is started.
Have seen this just today on a tiguan and rs3.
Also seen this before on a 4 series.
On my car I've just tried this, if you leave sidelights on and then lock the car the brightness is the same as when the cars on so it can't be that.
Must be something in coding.

Reactions: ViperSlider

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
this is an excerpt from the official instructions:

Parking light 
When the parking light is switched on (right or left indicator), the headlight with parking light and the rear light on the corresponding side of the vehicle light up. The parking light can only be switched on when the ignition is switched off and the indicator and high beam lever is in the middle position (before operation).
Parking light on both sides
If you lock the vehicle from the outside with the ignition switched off and the light switch in position , the parking light on both sides switches on. Only the parking light of the two headlights and some of the rear lights switch on.

In my case the parking lights light up on one side, both at the front and rear.

ViperSlider

Mar 26, 2024
Cardiff, S.Wales
The cars I've noticed with them on are both lights but dimmer to when you unlock the car or when car is started.
Have seen this just today on a tiguan and rs3.
Also seen this before on a 4 series.
On my car I've just tried this, if you leave sidelights on and then lock the car the brightness is the same as when the cars on so it can't be that.
Must be something in coding.
If you leave the light switch on side lights, they are dimmer than when on as DRLs, that's not coding that is their designed function. Sounds like you have a large amount of people leaving their side lights on in your area lol.

Do you have any pics of what you mean?

• Haha
Reactions: Mo_86

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK
If you leave the light switch on side lights, they are dimmer than when on as DRLs, that's not coding that is their designed function. Sounds like you have a large amount of people leaving their side lights on in your area lol.

Do you have any pics of what you mean?
I'll take a sneaky pic when I'm out an about.

Reactions: ViperSlider
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise