• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Leon Cupra 280 coolant min to max volume

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Hi all. Does anyone know the vol of coolant needed to take it from just below min to max? The coolant low warning came on today. Haven’t needed to top it up in almost 3y, but it was slowly decreasing. So will need to top up now. The warning lights gone off again, but it’s still just below min so needs topping up. Will I need buy a 1L bottle or 5L? Thanks!

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi all. Does anyone know the vol of coolant needed to take it from just below min to max? The coolant low warning came on today. Haven’t needed to top it up in almost 3y, but it was slowly decreasing. So will need to top up now. The warning lights gone off again, but it’s still just below min so needs topping up. Will I need buy a 1L bottle or 5L? Thanks!
I think the loss is only in the spherical tank, so I would think no more than 1/2pint IMO.

Reactions: H Rafiq

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Ah… Oops.
IMG_2678.jpeg

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
In this case, I would fill it up to the middle with distilled water. Then let the engine warm up and turn the heater up to full. Then measure the antifreeze

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I always keep the coolant on the max line. That way you know for sure if you lose even a small amount and you've got a bigger safety net to play with.

Reactions: cuthound
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.