• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Automatic wipers not working?

notpeppe

Jun 6, 2024
Hello
My car has a light and rain sensor. If i turn the wipers on to intermittent (which should be the automatic wiper setting) it just wipes intermittently and the auto funktion doesn't work. I checked the MIB2 system and automatic wiping is on.
The auto lights work and they turn on automatically when it rains too, so I think the sensor is fine. What could it be?
Thanks in advance

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'm surprised that the "auto" wipers are working perfectly as though they were "not auto" - I would have expected a failure in the auto wiping function to leave you with having to operate the wipers manually and not that it just defaulted to the "not auto" intermittent wiping. Very strange!

notpeppe

Jun 6, 2024
Quick update: I tried quite a bit of stuff. Coding shouldn't be an issue either since it's showing everything correctly in the MIB. Talking to someone who knows his way around VAG he said it might be the sensor, because it's true that the light and rain sensor are in the same housing, however they are still 2 separate sensors.

I ordered a replacement sensor and hope that it'll actually work. It has a preapplied gel pad so it should be relatively easy to replace as well. I'll update you on the situation after I replace it (if i remember :) )

Jun 15, 2024
So I'm late to this but it actually was the sensor in the end :) now auto wipers work perfectly
Do you have a part number for the rain sensors. I've noticed mine isn't really doing the auto wipe. Stays off sometimes but works on others.
I don't have the Auto settings in the headlights switch. Would that make it an issue. Pre facelift MY16 FR ST DSG tech pack.

notpeppe

Jun 6, 2024
Hi
Yes. There are different PNs.
5Q0955547B is the cheaper version, without rain closing function available. I tried coding it in, but it won't work.
Apparently 5Q0955547 is more expensive but makes that function available.

I have a 5Q0955547B sensor.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
Das Regen Codieren geht vermutlich auch über das BCM, habe das Menü freigeschaltet und die Funktion. Muss es erst testen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240917-172323.png
    Screenshot_20240917-172323.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

ViperSlider

Mar 26, 2024
Cardiff, S.Wales
Without the correct RLFS sensor (5Q0955547), the rain closing feature won't work. The newer sensors (such as revision B) are RLHS and will not function to allow the rain closing to work.

Easy way to visually tell is if you have only 2 sensors or 6 sensors on the window mounted rain module.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
I understand what you mean, that would have been my information too. But since certain experiences with other diagnostic authorizations, I have to look at the topic again. Because I can activate the function normally via the radio, which is not possible with other settings if the participant who is responsible for it is. So I still have to look into it more closely.

Reactions: ViperSlider

ViperSlider

Mar 26, 2024
Cardiff, S.Wales
I understand what you mean, that would have been my information too. But since certain experiences with other diagnostic authorizations, I have to look at the topic again. Because I can activate the function normally via the radio, which is not possible with other settings if the participant who is responsible for it is. So I still have to look into it more closely.
Which other diagnostic authorizations? Always good to expand knowledge and tools.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
I recently had an Octavia 3 with 2 ABS errors. 1) Control unit defective 2) Multi-collision brake error. Both were static. I couldn't delete it with ODIS E etc. I was able to delete both errors with VCP in engineering mode. I was a bit surprised. So I have to try certain things differently now.

ViperSlider

Mar 26, 2024
Cardiff, S.Wales
I recently had an Octavia 3 with 2 ABS errors. 1) Control unit defective 2) Multi-collision brake error. Both were static. I couldn't delete it with ODIS E etc. I was able to delete both errors with VCP in engineering mode. I was a bit surprised. So I have to try certain things differently now.
Oh that's good, no new or unusual tools.

I don't expect the rain close function to work but update if you have any success

May 16, 2024
Im having this exact problem. Its very annoying. Nothing I try in odbeleven solves it. It could be a faulty sensor at this point but im just not convinced.

notpeppe

Jun 6, 2024
Im having this exact problem. Its very annoying. Nothing I try in odbeleven solves it. It could be a faulty sensor at this point but im just not convinced.

I wasn't convinced either, looking from outside it all looked okay. While replacing, the Sensor was all cracked and the Gel-pad didn't stick.
5630e07a83b5206de9d4f9e05d1d74c4.jpg

It actually was the sensor in the end. But yours might be different of course.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.