• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here
  • Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
Now that`s better!
Disc.JPG

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
Quite simple, a little bit fiddly but an easy DIY all you need is a can of "Paint Factory" Hi-Temperature paint (matt silver) from Amazon @ £6.49, a roll of masking tape, some Scotchbrite and newspaper.

Using the Scotchbrite lightly scuff the end of the exhausts to key the paint, clean with some petrol, white spirit etc then simply using the masking tape wrap it round the outside of the pipes leaving approx` 5-10 mm exposed at the end then the same inside the pipes, then stuff some newspaper just inside to stop the paint covering inside the pipes unless you want it to, I didn`t want all silver pipes also mask off any of the bumper to stop over spray.

So having done this on all 4 pipes I then gave the pipes 3 coats of the Hi-temp paint allowing each coat to dry then give it plenty of time to harden fully before you remove the masking tape and paper or you will spoil it and then you are done, the heat from the exhaust will cure the paint but follow the instructions on the can.

For anyone interested in the VZN I bought a chrome plastic 30mm "N" and a small sample piece of light smoke window tint film off eBay and cut it to fit the "N" its not a 100% match with the dark chrome "VZ" but it looks OK and it achieved what I wanted.

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Quite simple, a little bit fiddly but an easy DIY all you need is a can of "Paint Factory" Hi-Temperature paint (matt silver) from Amazon @ £6.49, a roll of masking tape, some Scotchbrite and newspaper.

Using the Scotchbrite lightly scuff the end of the exhausts to key the paint, clean with some petrol, white spirit etc then simply using the masking tape wrap it round the outside of the pipes leaving approx` 5-10 mm exposed at the end then the same inside the pipes, then stuff some newspaper just inside to stop the paint covering inside the pipes unless you want it to, I didn`t want all silver pipes also mask off any of the bumper to stop over spray.

So having done this on all 4 pipes I then gave the pipes 3 coats of the Hi-temp paint allowing each coat to dry then give it plenty of time to harden fully before you remove the masking tape and paper or you will spoil it and then you are done, the heat from the exhaust will cure the paint but follow the instructions on the can.

For anyone interested in the VZN I bought a chrome plastic 30mm "N" and a small sample piece of light smoke window tint film off eBay and cut it to fit the "N" its not
100% match with the dark chrome "VZ" but it looks OK and it achieved what I wanted.
Brilliant, Thanks for the Detailed Answer👍

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
I should have included to mask off the rest of the exposed outer part of the pipes so effectively just the ends are silver, unless again of course you want the whole of the pipes silver which I didn`t, its not clear on my photo but its just the ends that are silver.

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
I should have included to mask off the rest of the exposed outer part of the pipes so effectively just the ends are silver, unless again of course you want the whole of the pipes silver which I didn`t, its not clear on my photo but its just the ends that are silver.
Ooh, Cooler still, I 💜 Quad tips 😎👍

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members