• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

Start/Stop how to disable?

elzo

Jul 1, 2023
Hi all.

In the manual of the car there is a clause about disabling the Start/Stop system in the settings of the driver's assistant.

I looked through all the menu items and did not find such a button. The only place where I saw a button for this function is on the locked screen of the infotainment system (When I turn on the car, they appear for a moment or if I press the screen power button for about 2 seconds.).

But unfortunately it does not always appear there, and usually the button instantly disappears after 1-2 seconds of display?!

So, how to disable this system? This should be easy according to the instructions, but it's not.

p.s. I have Hybrid Formentor.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
There is a longer way by pressing the car icon and then assistants/startstop but the easiest way which I recently learnt is,

After a few seconds of starting, press and hold the infotainment on/off button for about 2 seconds and the screen you mention appears. press start stop off and then tap the infotainment button again to return to your normal driving screen.

elzo

Jul 1, 2023
There is a longer way by pressing the car icon and then assistants/startstop but the easiest way which I recently learnt is,
Ok. but... As I wrote above, I do not have such a button in this menu.
After a few seconds of starting, press and hold the infotainment on/off button for about 2 seconds and the screen you mention appears. press start stop off and then tap the infotainment button again to return to your normal driving screen.
As I wrote above, When I do this, this button is not always visible for some reason. I would say it appears very rarely and only for 1-2 seconds. after that it disappears from the screen again. :)

pivko11

Jun 9, 2022
Ok. but... As I wrote above, I do not have such a button in this menu.

As I wrote above, When I do this, this button is not always visible for some reason. I would say it appears very rarely and only for 1-2 seconds. after that it disappears from the screen again. :)
I do not have a hybrid, but it is not logical to me to have the start/stop option on a hybrid as the ICE will shut down to drive only on electric when possible.

Reactions: CupForm

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Hi all.

In the manual of the car there is a clause about disabling the Start/Stop system in the settings of the driver's assistant.

I looked through all the menu items and did not find such a button. The only place where I saw a button for this function is on the locked screen of the infotainment system (When I turn on the car, they appear for a moment or if I press the screen power button for about 2 seconds.).

But unfortunately it does not always appear there, and usually the button instantly disappears after 1-2 seconds of display?!

So, how to disable this system? This should be easy according to the instructions, but it's not.

p.s. I have Hybrid Formentor.
Put gearbox in Sport- job done! 👍- no more stop/start nonsense.😎

• Haha
Reactions: Tell

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022
Really I'll try that now instead of going menu after menu 😅 to switch it off...
And should you wish to drive Miss Daisy you can switch it back to Drive once you pull away.

No Drama 😎👍

Last edited:
Reactions: KJA
Apr 18, 2023
Wait, I drive in an Individual profile so I have to enable it every time.. but are you suggesting that changing the gearbox from D to S, prevents stop start kicking in?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022
Wait, I drive in an Individual profile so I have to enable it every time.. but are you suggesting that changing the gearbox from D to S, prevents stop start kicking in?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not suggesting, I'm saying it does.👍

With the flick of one conveniently positioned switch you, yes You can say bye byes to unnecessary engine wear AND prolong the life of your battery and give your starter motor a rest.

All without faffing around with the press button,/menu/sub menu/press button/acknowledgement on the infotorment screen.

It's almost as good as the old days 👍😁

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
I have to go to the menu to disable it every time as I l also have to disable the lane assist, so a switch to only disable start-stop wouldn't work fo me.
I know its annoying but I got used to it and dont care anymore doing it. At the same time from the same menu I select the Individual driving mode so its all 3 in one. As said I dont care doing it every time, I'm fortunate that my Formentor has all these options to choose to my liking so a little touchscreen play when starting up the car doesnt bother me at all considering what I gain in return.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.