Engine cover Gone !

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
Hahahaha. If you are reading my words as something I actually mean, you are a serious worry.

Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
You have to love a car forum. Everyone from an idiot* to an expert bundled together to chat about a car.

*This in no way references anyone on this forum and is a generic term for the avoidance of doubt.

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
Absolutely, and wouldn't it be nice if you could express your own opinion on that forum without being criticised for it. What a revolutionary idea that would be.

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
If you express an opinion you should be intelligent enough to expect someone to challenge it without riverting to ridiculous statements.

This is fun. Let's keep going.

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
If you express an opinion you should be intelligent enough to expect someone to challenge it without riverting to ridiculous statements.

This is fun. Let's keep going.

I think I've got confused, are you referring to your own ridiculous statements? :ROFLMAO:

'Based on your rant, it's probably best they intervene to save you from yourself'

'All those complaining should have the engine cover refitted and let evolution take its course.'

'Hahahaha. If you are reading my words as something I actually mean, you are a serious worry.'

'Everyone from an idiot* to an expert bundled together'
Hopefully you'll be able to point out my ridiculous statements too, but if there are I apologise as I was just trying to bring you back down to earth as you seem a bit animated about this.

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
You are taking this way too seriously.

Maybe have a sit down and chill and then come back to us with something we can discuss.

Reactions: Supa Koopa

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
Thank you, I am chilled and I thought we were discussing something. That being, what appears to be your inability to understand what you type may not be appropriate whether you think you are joking or not, that what you say may seem insulting to someone else and that maybe your point of view may not align with everyone else's. ;)

There are many times on this and other forums that I do not agree with what is being said but I choose not to reply rather than trying to force my opinion on others or resort to calling them what I might be thinking. Maybe it's because I'm older now or because of my job, but I do try to think about what I'm saying.

Anyway this is completely off topic and I'm off to bed now before we both get a warning. :D If I'm correct in what I've garnered about you so far I'll leave you to have the last word.

Reactions: Napmasterflash

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I’ve enjoyed reading this thread.
I don’t even own or intend to own a formentor but you two are comical.
I think you should have a dual like disputes used to be decided in ancient times and you could use your engine covers as shields! (Assuming the dealers will give you them back.)

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
It is comical when you read it back.

Some posts are a bit OTT serious but all sorted now

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
If they are required to remove it, what would you expect them to do? They probably can't let the vehicle leave the premises without completing what is due related to the recall. Yes, it might not be as pretty and is an inconvenience, albeit minor, but I'd rather get it removed to prevent the fire hazard than kick up a fuss like a little girl at starbucks who did not get enough choco sprinkles on her latte. If you asked them to get you a bonnet insulation instead, they would probably get one for you for free.
why is there always a tw** on these forums who has to behave like a tool .crawl back in your little hole and be quiet .you have been a member for 2 minutes with nothing constructive to say ... :rolleyes:

rubeck1s

Jul 15, 2022
why is there always a tw** on these forums who has to behave like a tool .crawl back in your little hole and be quiet .you have been a member for 2 minutes with nothing constructive to say ... :rolleyes:
There was no need to introduce yourself, but hello ;)

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
At the end of the day what matters is that the stealers acted incorrectly,technically they have stolen a part of the car .i had no knowledge of it until i lifted the bonnet to see why the engine sounded more rattly than usual.they should have rang me and requested that they carry this out.
it's the principal of it no matter what the part is.if they had asked i would have said remove it and leave it in the boot and not to keep it.
the only time one of these could come off is if it is not correctly fitted .on my last 2 cars they both fitted looser than this one.Golf R and BMW.
i have just checked on the DVLA website with my Reg and there is no outstanding safely recalls on it. :rolleyes:

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
At the end of the day what matters is that the stealers acted incorrectly,technically they have stolen a part of the car .i had no knowledge of it until i lifted the bonnet to see why the engine sounded more rattly than usual.they should have rang me and requested that they carry this out.
it's the principal of it no matter what the part is.if they had asked i would have said remove it and leave it in the boot and not to keep it.
the only time one of these could come off is if it is not correctly fitted .on my last 2 cars they both fitted looser than this one.Golf R and BMW.
i have just checked on the DVLA website with my Reg and there is no outstanding safely recalls on it. :rolleyes:
You are right 100%. There is no recall as far as I know so they should have never taken it out and if they did so they should have given it to you advising you not to be put back for the alleged reason, keeping it is a clear steal and they at least should have compensated you since there is no word of a replacement coming soon, if ever! They actually confiscated a part of the car you paid for without replacing it, its simple as that.

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
Errr.....🏳️.....is it all Formentor engines the removal of the cover or certain models?....just asking🏳️🏳️🏳️🏳️🏳️🏳️🏳️
The engine cover problem is generic for all EA888 Evo 4 engines from VAG group (VW/Skoda/Seat/Cupra ….). This includes model Formentor with EA888 2.0 TSI.
I looked under the hood of a Cupra Leon 300 hp last week with EA888, a new car produced late June -22. It was delivered without any cover.

See late Golf mk8 GTI: