• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

1803 to 1896

Jun 28, 2021
Milton Keynes
Hi, Had my VZ2 updated to 1896 on Friday at Seat/Cupra Letchworth dropped it off around 8am it was ready by 2pm. Not been able to drive it too far this weekend and have not been able to test whether ACC still stops me overtaking cars on the left. What I have noticed is:-
  • Instead of a Fan icon and AC top centre of the screen it now says CLIMA
  • New graphics on the heated seat screen, the depth of red on the seats changes based on the heat settting
  • No speed signs in KPH but that was so random I think it will be a month or two before I could say whether that is fixed or not
  • SatNav voice was female, now male
  • Voice recognition kept poping up, never did before so have switched off voice activation
  • Not Fixed : When two road signs are displayed they are side by side on the dashboard e.g. speed and sharp bend, however they still appear overlapped on the SatNav screen.
Anyone noticed anything else ?

TheUkWizard

Jun 3, 2021
West midlands
Does the UI still feel laggy and slow?
And does Turning on the heating seats via the temp control 'double finger press' work any better? Mine drives me mad..

peterlcarter

May 22, 2013
Hi, Had my VZ2 updated to 1896 on Friday at Seat/Cupra Letchworth dropped it off around 8am it was ready by 2pm. Not been able to drive it too far this weekend and have not been able to test whether ACC still stops me overtaking cars on the left. What I have noticed is:-
  • Instead of a Fan icon and AC top centre of the screen it now says CLIMA
  • New graphics on the heated seat screen, the depth of red on the seats changes based on the heat settting
  • No speed signs in KPH but that was so random I think it will be a month or two before I could say whether that is fixed or not
  • SatNav voice was female, now male
  • Voice recognition kept poping up, never did before so have switched off voice activation
  • Not Fixed : When two road signs are displayed they are side by side on the dashboard e.g. speed and sharp bend, however they still appear overlapped on the SatNav screen.
Anyone noticed anything else ?
Had my V2 in the dealers last week twice. The first update is the same as above (male sat nav voice and different graphics as you mention) but this brought up lots of new issues with the voice recognition coming on all the time, sat nav issues and the SOS warning light coming on. The second time was to fix the SOS warning light issues and I am told that there is another update due April / May.
Do not know if the second update to the new update has fixed the Sat Nav and Voice recognition issues as yet.

First Timer Dan

Jul 28, 2021
Does the UI still feel laggy and slow?
And does Turning on the heating seats via the temp control 'double finger press' work any better? Mine drives me mad..
This is one of the good things about the update its no longer laggy and slow things react almost immediately now. Upon pressing the ignition on the screen is ready to use in around 4 seconds with no lagging.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Reactions: DEAN0

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
This is one of the good things about the update its no longer laggy and slow things react almost immediately now. Upon pressing the ignition on the screen is ready to use in around 4 seconds with no lagging.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
TBH - as long as the lag is fixed - the rest I can live with or fix with OBDeleven

steviekek

Feb 6, 2021
Scotland
Morning

1896 update day has finally arrived!

If my screen is more responsive and not laggy as reported I will be more than happy

Reactions: Big A
Jun 28, 2021
Morning all, had mine taken in yesterday to go from 1803 to 1896! It felt a lot smoother since but I'm yet to test it out fully.

How are you all finding it? Any major differences?

What is weird with mine is the Device Part Number has changed, I can't imagine that they changed any of the hardware as it was only in half a day...

Morning all, had mine taken in yesterday to go from 1803 to 1896! It felt a lot smoother since but I'm yet to test it out fully.

How are you all finding it? Any major differences?

What is weird with mine is the Device Part Number has changed, I can't imagine that they changed any of the hardware as it was only in half a day...
Part number changes with software, it's normal. Hardware is still the same

Mar 24, 2022
Had my V2 in the dealers last week twice. The first update is the same as above (male sat nav voice and different graphics as you mention) but this brought up lots of new issues with the voice recognition coming on all the time, sat nav issues and the SOS warning light coming on. The second time was to fix the SOS warning light issues and I am told that there is another update due April / May.
Do not know if the second update to the new update has fixed the Sat Nav and Voice recognition issues as yet.
Hmm, I took my V1 Hybrid in to the Cupra dealer in Reading on 18th March - I don't think 1896 was ready then, either way it is currently at 1803. Keep getting an SOS message, which is cleared fairly easily by initation of an SOS call, and a popping noise on sound system. The bigger issue is I am left stranded again, for the second time this week, (fortunately today on my driveway) with a car that will not start. All the dash lights on and a lot of pinging. Seems it may be more serious that a software update? The AA guy who restored power last time said it looked like the little battery was not charging, so recommended I drive the car for 40 mins before stopping once he'd started the car, which I did, and the next day it worked fine, apart from the SOS message. I left it ovenight with a 39% charge, and today the same problem I had earlier in the week again. Anyone else had issues like this?

Hmm, I took my V1 Hybrid in to the Cupra dealer in Reading on 18th March - I don't think 1896 was ready then, either way it is currently at 1803. Keep getting an SOS message, which is cleared fairly easily by initation of an SOS call, and a popping noise on sound system. The bigger issue is I am left stranded again, for the second time this week, (fortunately today on my driveway) with a car that will not start. All the dash lights on and a lot of pinging. Seems it may be more serious that a software update? The AA guy who restored power last time said it looked like the little battery was not charging, so recommended I drive the car for 40 mins before stopping once he'd started the car, which I did, and the next day it worked fine, apart from the SOS message. I left it ovenight with a 39% charge, and today the same problem I had earlier in the week again. Anyone else had issues like this?
Visit your dealer, there's updates available for the charging controller on hybrids along with tonnes of other stuff

May aswell also get the 1896 update, and see if there's any telematics/SOS updates available too

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Visit your dealer, there's updates available for the charging controller on hybrids along with tonnes of other stuff

May aswell also get the 1896 update, and see if there's any telematics/SOS updates available too
Today I've had the software updated to 1896, seems OK so far but I've only driven it home. Usual changes showing CLIMA, male voice etc. I had the SOS Emergency, speaker pops, SatNag going mental, user settings being updated (on every start up), road signs in kph, ACC not overtaking etc. prior to the update.
Time will tell.
Anyway I've been trying to find out what this battery symbol between the 0 and 20 mph on the main dash panel is, see pic :unsure:. Probably me being thick but it can't be my mobile battery status as that shows in the infotainment system correctly. So I've been out to it tonight, without my mobile and switched on the ignition. In place of the battery symbol there's a green foot pedal symbol, when I press the brake pedal it shows the same battery symbol with the 'E' on it which to me signifies whatever it is maybe is empty.
I've seen this symbol with a couple of arrows pointing into it that I suppose means it's charging. It's got me foxed but I'm sure you guys will set me straight :D
20220505_154714.jpg

Last edited:

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
That's almost certainly low voltage on the 12V battery. Mine did the same at the dealer after having stood still for weeks. A tidal wave of error messages and pinging, unwillingness to start etc.
You can charge it manually - the positive terminal is in the fuse box on the right hand side of the engine bay (your right, when standing in front). Negative terminal is on the frame, towards the top rear of the engine bay.

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Today I've had the software updated to 1896, seems OK so far but I've only driven it home. Usual changes showing CLIMA, male voice etc. I had the SOS Emergency, speaker pops, SatNag going mental, user settings being updated (on every start up), road signs in kph, ACC not overtaking etc. prior to the update.
Time will tell.
Anyway I've been trying to find out what this battery symbol between the 0 and 20 mph on the main dash panel is, see pic :unsure:. Probably me being thick but it can't be my mobile battery status as that shows in the infotainment system correctly. So I've been out to it tonight, without my mobile and switched on the ignition. In place of the battery symbol there's a green foot pedal symbol, when I press the brake pedal it shows the same battery symbol with the 'E' on it which to me signifies whatever it is maybe is empty.
I've seen this symbol with a couple of arrows pointing into it that I suppose means it's charging. It's got me foxed but I'm sure you guys will set me straight :D
View attachment 31444

Haven't seen that, but If I had to guess I would say something to do with the 12 volt battery, like RRTUK is experiencing (only not as bad.). The E symbol is the Start/Stop system of the engine, so whatever feeds this is running low on battery?

Sorry to hear you guys are struggling after the update. Mine has been really good. Only thing I noticed is a sensitive voice control that thinks I talk to it all the time :ROFLMAO: overall it's a lot faster and smoother now, no bugs.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Haven't seen that, but If I had to guess I would say something to do with the 12 volt battery, like RRTUK is experiencing (only not as bad.). The E symbol is the Start/Stop system of the engine, so whatever feeds this is running low on battery?

Sorry to hear you guys are struggling after the update. Mine has been really good. Only thing I noticed is a sensitive voice control that thinks I talk to it all the time :ROFLMAO: overall it's a lot faster and smoother now, no bugs.
What a pain!
Will the 12v battery charge from the 48v battery or is it only when the ICE is running?

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
What a pain!
Will the 12v battery charge from the 48v battery or is it only when the ICE is running?
I'm actually not sure. It would make a lot of sense if the 48v would do it, besides the ICE.
I do know that the 48v doesn't do it when the car is standing still at least.

I am planning to buy a battery charger with really long cables, since we have a 220volt outlet in the boot from the big battery :ROFLMAO: that's a workaround at least, if the 12v dies on the road somewhere.

Reactions: oldgitdave

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
I'm actually not sure. It would make a lot of sense if the 48v would do it, besides the ICE.
I do know that the 48v doesn't do it when the car is standing still at least.

I am planning to buy a battery charger with really long cables, since we have a 220volt outlet in the boot from the big battery :ROFLMAO: that's a workaround at least, if the 12v dies on the road somewhere.
OK, I've sorted what that symbol actually is. It's whether the car is in electric mode or hybrid mode. Nothing to do with the 12v battery at all :ROFLMAO:.
20220505_154714.jpg 20220506_104425.jpg
20220506_120856.jpg

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
I’ve had the SOS Emergency warning occur a couple of times since 1896. Also, while the voice control via the “hola hola” voice command is very quick and accurate now, it’s overly sensitive and activates often during normal conversation or with music playing…

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
You can turn off it being activated by voice in the settings somewhere. Then you can just work it from the button.

My car had a separate update at the start of the year to sort the SOS module which worked. If that update didn't work they would have replaced the module so it might be worth taking it back to replace the hardware.

Failing that privacy settings to max.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.