Wireless CarPlay functionality is not globally available (disabled in my country)

AndyRBL

May 14, 2020
The new cars that are going to be produced starting from week 48, meaning December, will have wireless carplay for all countries. Hopefully the ones that were produce before that, will get an update in order to enable it.

FalconTech

Jun 8, 2021
It works for me:

Code:
- 5F Multimedia
- Adaptation
- Function configuration connectivity
- - App connect over wifi [Yes]
- - Online media [on]
- - Apple CapPlay [USB only > on]
- - Google android auto [USB only > on]
- - Mirror link [USB only > on]

xeizo

Aug 17, 2021
My car was produced November 3, wireless Android Auto works flawless. I haven't even tried with a cable. And controlling for instance the parking heater from the app works flawless too. That's in Sweden. The MiB is very responsive and quick too.

AndyRBL

May 14, 2020
My car was produced November 3, wireless Android Auto works flawless. I haven't even tried with a cable. And controlling for instance the parking heater from the app works flawless too. That's in Sweden. The MiB is very responsive and quick too.
Yes. Many countries had wireless carplay since day 1.. but many cars didnt. The phone app for heating and closing doors and such works for everyone I believe.

DeinsB

Dec 6, 2021
Latvia
Yes. Many countries had wireless carplay since day 1.. but many cars didnt. The phone app for heating and closing doors and such works for everyone I believe.
Does heating works on all models, for example i have 1,5etsi FR, or it only works on hybrid leon’s? If it works for other, please share with me guys how you activate car pre-heating

AndyRBL

May 14, 2020
Does heating works on all models, for example i have 1,5etsi FR, or it only works on hybrid leon’s? If it works for other, please share with me guys how you activate car pre-heating
as far as i know and i may be wrong, there are 2 options:
1- hybrid car and the electric motor handles the heating
2 - for non hybrid engines, a car option that allows heating without the engine working

xeizo

Aug 17, 2021
as far as i know and i may be wrong, there are 2 options:
1- hybrid car and the electric motor handles the heating
2 - for non hybrid engines, a car option that allows heating without the engine working

Yes, for non HEV a parking heater is a optional extra, it runs on fuel to warm up the coupe and the motor. It's not a expensive extra if factory mounted, but to install it later is a ~3k affair which is not so nice. However, when you have it you never wants a vehicle without it :)

AndyRBL

May 14, 2020
Yes, for non HEV a parking heater is a optional extra, it runs on fuel to warm up the coupe and the motor. It's not a expensive extra if factory mounted, but to install it later is a ~3k affair which is not so nice. However, when you have it you never wants a vehicle without it :)
i know. my formentor is in the shop now.. and my other car doesnt have it.. that or heated seats or steering wheel .. 1-2 C outside..

FalconTech

Jun 8, 2021
In addition, if the car is equipped with additional heating (Webasto), on warm days, it is possible to remotely turn on the fan to ventilate the interior (the fan itself, not air conditioning).

However, when you have it you never wants a vehicle without it :)
(y)

brandaopj

Jul 2, 2021
Portugal
It works for me:

Code:
- 5F Multimedia
- Adaptation
- Function configuration connectivity
- - App connect over wifi [Yes]
- - Online media [on]
- - Apple CapPlay [USB only > on]
- - Google android auto [USB only > on]
- - Mirror link [USB only > on]

can i do this with IOS app version?

brandaopj

Jul 2, 2021
Portugal
i am trying to change the values that you said but then the app keeps saying "writing" forever on IOS.
Tried an android phone and the message is something went wrong.

It seems that i can not activate wireless car play on my car.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.