• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Virtual cockpit versions

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol
Had a drive in a 2019 290 ST today and noticed that the Virtual Cockpit has different views from my 2018 ST. In addition to the double dials (revs & speed), there is a veiw with a single central rev counter and one with the speed and revs up the sides, and nav view. On mine I've got the double dials and two rather boring views. Is the difference due to software or hardware, if the former then maybe I can get an up grade to the latest version? The infotainment system in the 290 had different hardware version (H50) and device part number (5F0035877), whereas my car is H41 and 5QA035874. The 290s infotainment screen appeared more responsive too.

Reactions: Silver Fox retired

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
You wouldn't need to change the dash cluster. It's hardware aswell as software differences.

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
Had a drive in a 2019 290 ST today and noticed that the Virtual Cockpit has different views from my 2018 ST. In addition to the double dials (revs & speed), there is a veiw with a single central rev counter and one with the speed and revs up the sides, and nav view. On mine I've got the double dials and two rather boring views. Is the difference due to software or hardware, if the former then maybe I can get an up grade to the latest version? The infotainment system in the 290 had different hardware version (H50) and device part number (5F0035877), whereas my car is H41 and 5QA035874. The 290s infotainment screen appeared more responsive too.
I've got a 2018 (68) ST and I've got the different views that you refer to. Must have changed at some date in 2018.

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol
I've got a 2018 (68) ST and I've got the different views that you refer to. Must have changed at some date in 2018.

Interesting. Mines an 18 so registered, and maybe built, before yours. Could I ask what hardware and software versions you running, and the device part number, thanks.

Reactions: seatgraham

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
Interesting. Mines an 18 so registered, and maybe built, before yours. Could I ask what hardware and software versions you running, and the device part number, thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20190417_221614.jpg
    IMG_20190417_221614.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,157

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol
Much obliged. You have the same hardware as the car i drove today. Mine must be an older version and probably unable to have the more recent VC views. Might get the dealership to verify this.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Changes to dash hardware on STs from BW42. Thankfully Seat made them easy to spot thanks to Copper logos!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
It was MY2019, so sept onwards.

But it is a hardware change. Needs the virtual cockpit swapping. £600 before any coding and fitting costs.

@Titchy I believe has beaten me to ordering the part. But I’ve been distracted with remaps, suspension and exhausts. It will be done eventually.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brooster89

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol

But it is a hardware change. Needs the virtual cockpit swapping. £600 before any coding and fitting costs.

@Titchy I believe has beaten me to ordering the part. But I’ve been distracted with remaps, suspension and exhausts. It will be done eventually.

Thanks for the info. Yes, there are definitely better mods to spend £600 on! I was hoping a simple software update would do the job, but life never that easy!

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire

I wish it was me, just got to find the money and struggling to find a company localish willing to do the swap over. Richter sport is down the road but aren't interested in the slightest. @Damo H Your a lucky guy to have VAG Manchester that are willing to work with you and @paddy6789

I have VCDS but I'm not sure how far that will get me. No one is really sharing details of what is required. Most of what i find are retrofits from analogue dials to VC which is more involved and requires ODIS.

Out of interest has the VC Customisation menu on the infotainment changed on the MY19? To represent the single dial? As that would mean a software update aswell, which looks to be very difficult to obtain.

I'm happy to be the guinea pig, however I need more facts....

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I wish it was me, just got to find the money and struggling to find a company localish willing to do the swap over. Richter sport is down the road but aren't interested in the slightest. @Damo H Your a lucky guy to have VAG Manchester that are willing to work with you and @paddy6789

I have VCDS but I'm not sure how far that will get me. No one is really sharing details of what is required. Most of what i find are retrofits from analogue dials to VC which is more involved and requires ODIS.

Out of interest has the VC Customisation menu on the infotainment changed on the MY19? To represent the single dial? As that would mean a software update aswell, which looks to be very difficult to obtain.

Single dial still has the same info either side of it as would be in the centre of the twin dials. Most pictures have it in ‘classic’ view so it’s blank.

Silver Fox retired

Oct 3, 2019
Carlisle Cumbria

Could I please ask you if you’ve got any more information on fitting the virtual cockpit into your vehicle and if so where have you spoken to apart from Manchester about fitting thank you

Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)