MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Looks great! Where did you get this from? Assuming it will only fit the 5 door like the maxton design spoiler extension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's actually from the factory, as part of a special edition; the so-called Cupra Black. AFAIK it's only available in The Netherlands though...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cupra300uk

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
It's actually from the factory, as part of a special edition; the so-called Cupra Black. AFAIK it's only available in The Netherlands though...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Should’ve guessed! Looks great anyway mate

Reactions: TheLuckys

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Looks great! Where did you get this from? Assuming it will only fit the 5 door like the maxton design spoiler extension

Having seen the spoilers, but not been able to verify part numbers, I’m sure the spoiler is identical for 5 door and ST.

BUT even if not, that carbon spoiler is available for the ST as they have it on the ST version of the black edition over there.

Sadly if it’s the same price as the Cupra R spoiler, which it’s identical in looks to, it’ll be £1,500 BEFORE you factor in the cost of removing your old spoiler, cleaning up any glue and if needed repainting the top of the rear boot. This is because unlike the standard spoiler, the Carbon R spoiler doesn’t sit flush with the boot in the middle.

So £2,000 for a spoiler and I’m out (as much as I’m trying to recreate the R ST.

Reactions: cupra300uk

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Having seen the spoilers, but not been able to verify part numbers, I’m sure the spoiler is identical for 5 door and ST.

BUT even if not, that carbon spoiler is available for the ST as they have it on the ST version of the black edition over there.

Sadly if it’s the same price as the Cupra R spoiler, which it’s identical in looks to, it’ll be £1,500 BEFORE you factor in the cost of removing your old spoiler, cleaning up any glue and if needed repainting the top of the rear boot. This is because unlike the standard spoiler, the Carbon R spoiler doesn’t sit flush with the boot in the middle.

So £2,000 for a spoiler and I’m out (as much as I’m trying to recreate the R ST.

Wonder if the SC spoiler is the same as the other two models. That’s way too much for a spoiler!

ChrisCW

Dec 17, 2018
Hi all, newbie here about to order a Cupra from LeasingOptions;

https://www.leasingoptions.co.uk/specialdeal?id=69

Im just curious about the loudness of the exhaust, I've driven old MK2 Leons and the new Golf GTE but none will be close to this obviously - I dont want it loud when pulling away from the drive in the morning! Will comfort mode help at all? Videos Ive found seem to vary a lot

The other question is on insurance, it lists about 15 variations when not using a numberplate lookup (and Im not that familiar with the variations/models yet).
Can anyone recommend what I should be selecting or send me a reg for a 2018 290 Cupra 5dr DSG?
Quotes so far are cheaper than my current 2004 T-Sport Celica - which doesnt seem right! (Although it is modded...)

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018

Im just curious about the loudness of the exhaust, I've driven old MK2 Leons and the new Golf GTE but none will be close to this obviously - I dont want it loud when pulling away from the drive in the morning! Will comfort mode help at all? Videos Ive found seem to vary a lot

The other question is on insurance, it lists about 15 variations when not using a numberplate lookup (and Im not that familiar with the variations/models yet).
Can anyone recommend what I should be selecting or send me a reg for a 2018 290 Cupra 5dr DSG?
Quotes so far are cheaper than my current 2004 T-Sport Celica - which doesnt seem right! (Although it is modded...)

You won't need to worry about waking the neighbours in the morning

ChrisCW

Dec 17, 2018
Ok thanks - good to know, I think the deep tone/bass is more the issue though as I park adjacent to the neighbours cars and their alarms seem overly sensitive

Plus Im bored of loud exhausts, but still want the performance!

Andy H

Nov 21, 2018
St Helens
I’d go as far to say that is a very good deal, I can’t see you finding one any cheaper. Certainly in the current climate, I’d be all over that deal.

I’m paying £8,086 over two years with 15k miles on a Cupra Lux

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018

Cupras don’t have valved exhausts so comfort mode doesn’t affect the exhaust I don’t think and yeah I wouldn’t worry about waking anyone up, unbelievably quiet from stock I think

Reactions: Hickery1995

Sam Lever

Dec 19, 2018

Would agree that the exhaust isn't too loud!

For the insurance, there should be the option on there for the 290 dsg. I managed to find it recently on compare the market when looking for mine before getting the registration through.

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
My car ready for collection on Jan 2nd. A long wait but worth it.

Merry Christmas guys...

Attachments

• 54FEFDA2-7C10-4E20-A265-93FA14106134.jpeg
    54FEFDA2-7C10-4E20-A265-93FA14106134.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 160

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016

Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

RZ46

Dec 4, 2018
East England
It appears adaptive cruise control is now back on the options list for non lux model. I definitely would have ordered it had it been available when I placed my order. Not worried as it saved me the £480 which will now go towards my side skirts :)))

Reactions: Mystery290
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.