MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
oh ok,

I believed that's what they changed from the 280 to the 290 to make it sound better. I.e the new sports exhaust.

My 280 has an extra silencer as standard and is virtually silent.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Ive had the resonator taken out and it makes a world of difference without being too loud.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
I know it's been mentioned before but the OBD11 is a wicked little device and will sort the actuator without the need to disconnect amongst other things.

Turning it down some may give a better overall effect than turning it off.

Invested for my 280 and it's been well worth it. It's not expensive either - just need an Android device to communicate with it.

https://obdeleven.com/en/home/19-basic-pack.html

did you go pro or basic?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
you where talking about a 280 a minute ago. didnt realise you meant 18 plate

Yeah on a previous post they mentioned that the 290 in the video I posted had a res delete.

I was saying that SEAT themselves removed a silencer from the exhaust in the 290 SC & 5dr which helped make it sound better than the previous 280.
My 280 is silent (even worse it's a manual so no farts either)

I understand that you've had a res delete on your 280 to make it sound better anyway - wish I'd have done that.

I may look into getting a res delete for the MY19 290 when it comes. Not heard that anyone has done it yet.

Sorry for the confusion.

bluehandle

Feb 28, 2011
sort the actuator without the need to disconnect
I think I'm the only person who doesn't mind the sound that much.If you disconnect it, it'll show as a fault in ODB11, which is a bit ironic. So you can turn it off with ODB11 or use ODB11 to clear the fault because you've physically unplugged it.

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Yeah on a previous post they mentioned that the 290 in the video I posted had a res delete.

I was saying that SEAT themselves removed a silencer from the exhaust in the 290 SC & 5dr which helped make it sound better than the previous 280.
My 280 is silent (even worse it's a manual so no farts either)

I understand that you've had a res delete on your 280 to make it sound better anyway - wish I'd have done that.

I may look into getting a res delete for the MY19 290 when it comes. Not heard that anyone has done it yet.

Sorry for the confusion.

no bother pal. yeh the 280 sounds much better with the res delete. they did say to get the muffler out as well but i leave early for work and didnt want to peeve the neighbours off lol

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Seems a bit daft if they engineered a new system to replace Seat sound but only fit it to cars preordered with the old system, either fit to all or why bother?
It's an existing system that was already available in other markets. Think it was announced before the digital cockpit, as I remember enquiring with CS. It was available alongside SS as an option.

At one stage it looked as though it may come as standard in the new Cupra range. It's in the Cupra Ateca, but I don't know if it's standard.

In the UK it wasn't available for the Leon - with exception of the CUPRA R.

They've discontinued SS. So to fulfill the MY18 orders (being built as MY19) that had specced SS, they replaced with beats audio as a like for like.

Unfortunately along with a lot of other options it can't be selected at the moment in favour of the EZ system.

That's my understanding anyway.

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
It's an existing system that was already available in other markets. Think it was announced before the digital cockpit, as I remember enquiring with CS. It was available alongside SS as an option.

At one stage it looked as though it may come as standard in the new Cupra range. It's in the Cupra Ateca, but I don't know if it's standard.

In the UK it wasn't available for the Leon - with exception of the CUPRA R.

They've discontinued SS. So to fulfill the MY18 orders (being built as MY19) that had specced SS, they replaced with beats audio as a like for like.

Unfortunately along with a lot of other options it can't be selected at the moment in favour of the EZ system.

That's my understanding anyway.

That is my understanding too...

It is a similar situation with the reversing camera, though it is available on the Leon in the UK (but only on the XCELLENCE/XCELLENCE Lux). They are fitting those to MY18 orders being built as MY19 cars as the parts are available.

Mine hopefully being one of them.

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
Seems like the EZ order process has actually left most customers without the slightest clue what they’re actually going to get till the car arrives :roflmao:

I just hope by the time mine arrives it’s still got seats and a steering wheel as the equipment list seems to shrink by the day depending on Seat’s mood about standard items lol

Reactions: kanyewest

stressfree

Jul 26, 2018
I have Cupra 5dr hatch 300 DSG for a year now and added a reversing camera as it is absolutely crucial for me in work car park.
Was surprised that SEAT dropped reversing camera as an option (but it is available in Europe and VW still offers is on their cars in UK). Understand the simplified easy order process, but why not include reversing camera as standard on high spec cars: Cupra, Cupra LUX, FR Sport in addition to the XCELLENCE, would be just another incentive to go SEAT, instead of VW or Skoda for example.

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
I have Cupra 5dr hatch 300 DSG for a year now and added a reversing camera as it is absolutely crucial for me in work car park.
Was surprised that SEAT dropped reversing camera as an option (but it is available in Europe and VW still offers is on their cars in UK). Understand the simplified easy order process, but why not include reversing camera as standard on high spec cars: Cupra, Cupra LUX, FR Sport in addition to the XCELLENCE, would be just another incentive to go SEAT, instead of VW or Skoda for example.
I agree, it is cheap part (no doubt sold at a huge mark up).

A boggo £10k Citroen C1 has one has standard, a £30k Leon should have one too!

donoli74

Oct 13, 2018
5 door mystery blue.

Mine sounds nothing like that might get a little thud noise rather than the fart on gear change. I’m coming up to 300 miles have noticed the exhaust is getting louder. I find in Cupra mode you can’t hear anything apart from the fake engine noise, even in sport the fake noise is far too much for me.

Going to unplug the Sound actuator over the weekend it’s located top left under the bonnet. you can see the speaker under the plastic mesh/leaf guard it has a no jet wash symbol on the mesh.
Where can i find this plug?Can you make a picture?
9d1cea9370b6da3f734dc2bf9860acb2.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

huw

Feb 13, 2017
SW London
I’ve got the carista but I’m just going to unplug it, 100% real noise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used Christa to turn the volume down to 0%. It is so much nicer without it, as I said before I can now hear the radio and can even talk to passengers!

What is it about most on here who want intrusive exhaust noise?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members