MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
For those who have ordered an st 4drive and have been waiting months and months. Nationwide vehicle contracts are advertising as IN STOCK for delivery within 7-21 days.
They have midnight blue and black.
Just goes to show their incompetence.....I cancelled my order for a silver one the other day and they didn’t even offer one of their “in stock ones” (I hadn’t even looked on the website or may have had one)
If you are brave enough to risk dealing with these fools then those who have been waiting and waiting could get a non copper one....maybe!!!

I've been looking at that deal. From reading all the posts on this thread I am going to wait it out for a while until all this mess settles and there is a consistent spec

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
If you do that then you also disable the internal volumetric alarm sensors so not the best way. If you just press and long hold the lock button once then you can fold the mirrors in and keep the internal sensors working too.
As mentioned already with the MY19 Cupras, you can enable it in the vehicle settings for fold on door lock with no need to long press.

So on my 280 I've enabled one click but I always press the lock button twice assuming that this deadlocks it? am I actually disabling the internal sensors?

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
So on my 280 I've enabled one click but I always press the lock button twice assuming that this deadlocks it? am I actually disabling the internal sensors?
Pressed once it is locked and dead locked.

Last edited:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Yes, pressing a second time within in I think 3 maybe 5 seconds disables the internal sensors. If you forget to hold it down just wait 5 seconds to be sure then press and hold again to fold them in.

Or get someone to make it 1 click fold as it should be.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Pressed once is it locked and dead locked.

Yes, pressing a second time within in I think 3 maybe 5 seconds disables the internal sensors. If you forget to hold it down just wait 5 seconds to be sure then press and hold again to fold them in.

Or get someone to make it 1 click fold as it should be.

Everyday is indeed a school day. So because I am a little immature, when I fill up my car and my wife is with me I lock the car and she sits there not moving incase the alarm goes off.... I'm not telling here about this :cheeky:

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
That interior......why the heck would they put a copper badge on the wheel and then leave all the chrome bits of trim and white seat / wheel stitching?
Apart from the door cards being a better trim material on the Cupra, IMHO the FR interior is a more cohesive effort.

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
That interior......why the heck would they put a copper badge on the wheel and then leave all the chrome bits of trim and white seat / wheel stitching?
Apart from the door cards being a better trim material on the Cupra, IMHO the FR interior is a more cohesive effort.
totally agree. Copper coloured stitching I think would have finished it better aswell

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
For those with MY2018 Digital Cockpit who want the MY2019 screens, its a hardware change I'm afraid.

Having seen on Facebook someone has retrofitted the Digital Cockpit, there is a revised part number for 2019 cars...

Mine: 5F0 920 790

MY2019: 5F0 920 790A

Reactions: N8KOW
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members