MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
just had an apology email from NWVC stating that they are aware the SEATs information that was provided regarding spec of car has been innacurate and that my car that I have agreed will not have full leather, winter pack, DCC ( I thought this was standard or are adaptive dampers different??) and electric seats. pretty peeved if I'm honest more so about the winter pack, to be honest I prefer the alcantara especially as it is in the door cards.
Guessing typo. it'll be ACC.
That's included in the LUX otherwise it's just standard cruise control.

DCC is standard

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Guessing typo. it'll be ACC.
That's included in the LUX otherwise it's just standard cruise control.

DCC is standard

phew, not to bothered about the rest! I have been advised to submit a complaint to Seat and see what compensation I would get, am I wasting my time with this?

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
phew, not to bothered about the rest! I have been advised to submit a complaint to Seat and see what compensation I would get, am I wasting my time with this?
Yeah you would be wasting your time. Its the lease company that has falsely or mistakenly misread the brochure or tried to make the car look more highly spec'd. They know what they are doing.

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
A lot of people swear by using these premium fuels, these cars in particular seem really sensitive to the fuel that gets put in them

And for the sake of 2-3p a litre I'm going to put Momentum 99 in there all day long :)

So what happens if you don't? What if the car was filled with the standard 95 RON?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
From what you've said the information provided by SEAT to your lease company was incorrect..

I wouldn't say you'd be waisting your time exactly.

Depending on what could be proven the most you'd get offered is a £250 cheque, voucher or service e.t.c.

It's up to you if you believe it's worth pursuing.

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
So what happens if you don't? What if the car was filled with the standard 95 RON?

It's not going to do any harm, the premium fuels tend to have additives to help clean the system and look after the engine a bit better and also have a cleaner burn so less carbon build up

Some people say the Cupras lose 10-15hp when running normal 95RON instead of 98+

Reactions: AlexOS

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria

I cant get 99ROn around where I live so my Cupra live son 97 RON BP Ultimate with the occasional 99 RON V-Power every 3 or 4 tanks full.

No problems with noticeable loss of power and it still pulls like a train.

You CAN run the car on 95 RON but higher octane fuel will be better for the engine.

AlexOS

It's not going to do any harm, the premium fuels tend to have additives to help clean the system and look after the engine a bit better and also have a cleaner burn so less carbon build up

Some people say the Cupras lose 10-15hp when running normal 95RON instead of 98+
OMG.. how will I manage with only 285hp.. lol.

Video above is by Fifth Gear about whether it’s worth spending the extra..

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
It's more than just keeping your engine clean.

The higher the RON, the more stable the fuel - in other words the less likely it will ignite inside the cylinder before it supposed to.

So if the car detects that the fuel is sub standard it will do a number of things to help prevent the engine going bang. It will stick more fuel in the cylinder to help cool the cylinder down (wasting fuel) but also pull the timing.

In short it will increase fuel consumption when driving hard as well as reducing the power output. So your 290 becomes more a 280 or 270, maybe even less.

Last edited:

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I cant get 99ROn around where I live so my Cupra live son 97 RON BP Ultimate with the occasional 99 RON V-Power every 3 or 4 tanks full.

No problems with noticeable loss of power and it still pulls like a train.

You CAN run the car on 95 RON but higher octane fuel will be better for the engine.

97 is close enough, and if you getting it from a busy fuel station, it'll probably be higher than 97. To be able to quote 97 it has to be at at that minimum standard after a period of time. As a fuels RON drops over time as the chemicals etc added usually break down.

OMG.. how will I manage with only 285hp.. lol.

Video above is by Fifth Gear about whether it’s worth spending the extra..

If that is comparing an engine ECU that is tuned to run on 95 fuel, sticking 98+ fuel in it is never going to give you a HP gain.

But an ECU tuned to run on 98 is going to give you the HP its supposed to, and 95 runs the risk of detonation and/or reduced fuel consumption as well as lower power output. With higher grade fuels being more common place now, more and more manufacturers are pushing the boundaries by programming their ECU's based on more stable fuels.

So if you want to spend all this time waiting for (and moaning about) a 300hp car, only to stick fuel in it that gives you 285 and reduced your fuel economy, then what are you really doing? :blink:

Last edited:
Reactions: Blowski

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
The TSIs are fuel sensitive, so its best to stick to Tesco 99 or Shell V-Power Nitro (which is what I use) :1st:

The reason I don't use VPower (which i think is 98) is because it's an extra 10p a litre more than Tesco 99

For the miles I drive I'd really notice the extra cost I think

Reactions: Blowski

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
The reason I don't use VPower (which i think is 98) is because it's an extra 10p a litre more than Tesco 99

Same here, my local Shell garage is extortionate! Probably due to the location of it but it's still 10p more than Momentum

Reactions: walshy

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

VPower is 99, but Momentum is fine. Arguably the shell fuel will have better cleaning additives, but the RON is still higher than the 98 the engine is tuned for, so no need to get VPower really for a power point of view.

Reactions: walshy and N8KOW
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.