MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
now they have added an option in the menu, it makes sense that this is for an automatic lock..

It’s always been there on the menu for the Cupra so it’s not an addition. My Cupra was built Nov 17 and it was standard on it then so no reason it wouldn’t be standard now.

Also both of my previous Leon FR’s (14 and 16 plate) has the menu option too.

Brian

Oct 15, 2018
*Janice from Friends mode ON*
OH MY GOD!!!

My dealer just informed me that my BW43 Desire red Cupra has actually been build in week 42 and are now on it's way to Denmark by truck.

Just a few days to my copper marked dream will arrive at the dealers. Happy days:clap:

EDIT: Will of cause post pictures as soon as possible guys!

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
Finally have my vehicle Reg downside it’s still awaiting transport at the Grimsby port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no! So it's likely that even though I was told mine was booked onto a transport last Thursday it's probably still waiting around with yours :(

EDIT: Then again mine is going to IMG

Reactions: Nick Woods

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Oh no! So it's likely that even though I was told mine was booked onto a transport last Thursday it's probably still waiting around with yours :(

EDIT: Then again mine is going to IMG

Yep, they're keeping it the docks an extra few days so you get a good covering of salt-laden air and seagull sh1t!!

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
The 'radar' setup on my Golf GTD cost over a grand to get replaced when it got damaged.
So not a cheap thing to do I do suspect.

I'd also be surprised if they've changed it to be under the badge now. More likely to be an incorrect photo knowing Seat!

EDIT - although the radar under the badge was exactly what they did with the Mk7.5 Golf...so who knows!

The new pictures of the Mk4 Leon, although in disguise,show the radar in the same position as in the later Mk3 cars. So it’s unlikely they will be moving it to behind the Seat/Cupra badge.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
My FR did too, but there wasn’t an option in the menu for it, you just locked the car and then pressed the lock again for 3 seconds..

now they have added an option in the menu, it makes sense that this is for an automatic lock.. although, as we have been saying about everything else... this is SEAT... so if you choose that option, it’ll probably fire the mirrors of into the distance on their own little rocket motors when you lock the car.
Well done you just disabled your alarm as well ;)

Can't remember where it was but found out double pressing too quickly disables the interior alarm. I've always just held it down to lock for 3 seconds to fold the mirrors.

Edit - Found it: https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/turning-off-interior-alarm.426268/

willda_beast

May 8, 2018
Riverside hull for me... Not exactly far from grimsby yet not heard anything about transport or if its even in the country

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
My FR did too, but there wasn’t an option in the menu for it, you just locked the car and then pressed the lock again for 3 seconds..

now they have added an option in the menu, it makes sense that this is for an automatic lock.. although, as we have been saying about everything else... this is SEAT... so if you choose that option, it’ll probably fire the mirrors of into the distance on their own little rocket motors when you lock the car.
I have an option on my 280, but I still had to hold down the button until I used OBD11.

Either way they'll be folding auto on lock in the 290
edee31c5d52a89c5b0b6ea97ef58e829.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Damo H

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
Price list has been updated on the SEAT UK website.

Winter pack only on Lux by the look of it.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I've just has a look at the UK, France, Gemany and Dutch sites to see if this 'Technical Information' has resulted in any updates and notice that there are actually new pictures on the French and Dutch sites...

The weird thing is that the difference is that the lower grill doesn't have the radar in it anymore... apologies, but i can't remember who mentioned the badges for the grill, but i remember someone said there might be a change there, possibly for the radar to be moved behind the badge, al-la VW, Skoda etc..

Also as of right now the Seat Spanish site, when you go to the configurator, doesn't actually have an image for the Cupra, either 5 door or ST at all.. all the other ST's still have images though....

The plot thickens... Maybe they are actually updating... finally....
Not sure if the front assist is standard in all countries.

The Spanish site has been "updating" since yesterday evening.

Not long now though mate!

Copper aside:

DSG 7 Spd - confirmed
upgraded DC - confirmed

Remainder for me:

Popping exhaust - unconfirmed

UK Cupra with beatsaudio & space saver - unconfirmed

New copper desgin - unconfirmed

Definitely progress, just slow progress

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise