Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I think i need to go into here and enable it, ive just download the user manual

622c5fd4f3a9217f595ca89fe9097449.jpg

This..

Think the option is "Fold in when parked"

If you still have an issue

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/auto-close-issue.417221/ (although I don't expect it to require this)

Definitely invest in obd11 - I configured mine to actually fold on lock - just like on the Audi.
Made a world of difference for me.

Or you could just find someone local if that's all you need/want doing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
I hope I’m not alone but I bloody love shifting gear and getting a massive bang as I drive past a group of people on the pavement and they either rate it with a nod or they jump in panic.
Sorry if you were being ironic, but to me that sounds like the behaviour of a juvenile plonker looking for attention and nothing impressive. :p

Reactions: Damo H

AlexOS

I've just has a look at the UK, France, Gemany and Dutch sites to see if this 'Technical Information' has resulted in any updates and notice that there are actually new pictures on the French and Dutch sites...

The weird thing is that the difference is that the lower grill doesn't have the radar in it anymore... apologies, but i can't remember who mentioned the badges for the grill, but i remember someone said there might be a change there, possibly for the radar to be moved behind the badge, al-la VW, Skoda etc..

Also as of right now the Seat Spanish site, when you go to the configurator, doesn't actually have an image for the Cupra, either 5 door or ST at all.. all the other ST's still have images though....

The plot thickens... Maybe they are actually updating... finally....

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
I have just had an update from SEAT CS, I asked them specifically about the spec of my car.

------------------------

Dear 'BipedalMale'

Thank you for taking the time to contact SEAT UK.

You mentioned in your email that you had difficulties exploring our brand Website. I am sorry for any disappointment this may have caused.

I have checked with our Brand Support Team and can confirm with you the following details for your SEAT Leon CUPRA:
  • It is a 7-Speed DSG
  • It has the optional camera pack
  • It has the optional beats audio
  • It does not have the winter pack as SEAT Leon CUPRA does not come with the winter pack as standard.
I hope the information provided is of use to you. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me on details below.

Thank you again for contacting SEAT UK and giving me the opportunity to respond to you.

----------------------------

So it would appear that certainly on BW42 on cars, there is no upgrade to the winter pack despite others being told earlier that this was the case. My head hurts...

So the Copras are just that, Copper coloured 7 Speed 290s. Matt Taylor has a pre BW42 with the 7 Speed so perhaps these FrankenCupras are not so bad after all...

Reactions: AlexOS

AlexOS

This..

Think the option is "Fold in when parked"

If you still have an issue

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/auto-close-issue.417221/ (although I don't expect it to require this)

Definitely invest in obd11 - I configured mine to actually fold on lock - just like on the Audi.
Made a world of difference for me.

Or you could just find someone local if that's all you need/want doing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
They have finally added it as an option to close on locking by the looks of it..

Attachments

• mirrors.png
    mirrors.png
    189.4 KB · Views: 108

AlexOS

I have just had an update from SEAT CS, I asked them specifically about the spec of my car.

------------------------

Dear 'BipedalMale'

Thank you for taking the time to contact SEAT UK.

You mentioned in your email that you had difficulties exploring our brand Website. I am sorry for any disappointment this may have caused.

I have checked with our Brand Support Team and can confirm with you the following details for your SEAT Leon CUPRA:
  • It is a 7-Speed DSG
  • It has the optional camera pack
  • It has the optional beats audio
  • It does not have the winter pack as SEAT Leon CUPRA does not come with the winter pack as standard.
I hope the information provided is of use to you. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me on details below.

Thank you again for contacting SEAT UK and giving me the opportunity to respond to you.

----------------------------

So it would appear that certainly on BW42 on cars, there is no upgrade to the winter pack despite others being told earlier that this was the case. My head hurts...

So the Copras are just that, Copper coloured 7 Speed 290s. Matt Taylor has a pre BW42 with the 7 Speed so perhaps these FrankenCupras are not so bad after all...
Still holding out hope on the ST though... you never know.. although i think i'm probably going a bit purple in the face with all the things i'm holding out for... lol

Last edited:
Reactions: BipedalMale

AlexOS

I just realised.. We will surely have ONE flag on the inside.. The drive mode button..

So the Cupra brand team have gone over the car with a fine tooth-comb, trying to remove all traces of Seat, and realised they cant do it, so they're chucked on a load of copper and let us two random flags that they couldn't find a way of removing... The grille, as it would have left a hole where the badge should be and the drive mode button as putting the standard button on the Cupra would be too tacky, even for them..

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
So after telling everyone MY19 cars would get the winter pack they now say they won't haha. I'll hold out till someone's sees there own car in the flesh you can't believe a word these folk at CS are saying.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was an outsourced call centre full of under trained people with no knowledge of what they are actually dealing with.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I've just has a look at the UK, France, Gemany and Dutch sites to see if this 'Technical Information' has resulted in any updates and notice that there are actually new pictures on the French and Dutch sites...

The weird thing is that the difference is that the lower grill doesn't have the radar in it anymore... apologies, but i can't remember who mentioned the badges for the grill, but i remember someone said there might be a change there, possibly for the radar to be moved behind the badge, al-la VW, Skoda etc..

Also as of right now the Seat Spanish site, when you go to the configurator, doesn't actually have an image for the Cupra, either 5 door or ST at all.. all the other ST's still have images though....

The plot thickens... Maybe they are actually updating... finally....
Suprised they’ve changed the radar at this time it the models life. At least it will look a lot better than the current setup, oh wait they’ve lit copper all over it haha.

Seriously though wonder if it can be retrofitted to a 300...

Last edited:

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Sup riser they’ve changed the radar at this time it the models life. At least it will look a lot better than the current setup, oh wait they’ve lit copper all over it haha.

They've probably just used an old photo as they certainly don't have any up to date ones.

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
So after telling everyone MY19 cars would get the winter pack they now say they won't haha. I'll hold out till someone's sees there own car in the flesh you can't believe a word these folk at CS are saying.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was an outsourced call centre full of under trained people with no knowledge of what they are actually dealing with.

I got a great deal on a 2 week holiday when I phone Seat CS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Sup riser they’ve changed the radar at this time it the models life. At least it will look a lot better than the current setup, oh wait they’ve lit copper all over it haha.

The 'radar' setup on my Golf GTD cost over a grand to get replaced when it got damaged.
So not a cheap thing to do I do suspect.

I'd also be surprised if they've changed it to be under the badge now. More likely to be an incorrect photo knowing Seat!

EDIT - although the radar under the badge was exactly what they did with the Mk7.5 Golf...so who knows!

Reactions: Damo H

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
They have finally added it as an option to close on locking by the looks of it..

It doesn’t state if that is a one-click of the button lock to fold mirrors or click and hold button lock to fold mirrors. It just states it will fold the mirrors on lock.

My Cupra 300 did the click and hold button lock to fold mirrors until my OBDeleven was connected and now it’s a one-click lock and fold.

AlexOS

It doesn’t state if that is a one-click of the button lock to fold mirrors or click and hold button lock to fold mirrors. It just states it will fold the mirrors on lock.

My Cupra 300 did the click and hold button lock to fold mirrors until my OBDeleven was connected and now it’s a one-click lock and fold.
My FR did too, but there wasn’t an option in the menu for it, you just locked the car and then pressed the lock again for 3 seconds..

now they have added an option in the menu, it makes sense that this is for an automatic lock.. although, as we have been saying about everything else... this is SEAT... so if you choose that option, it’ll probably fire the mirrors of into the distance on their own little rocket motors when you lock the car.