MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
I’m sure this has already been seen, the latest uk brochure online notes the gearbox for the cupra is TBC, i know there has been a few discussions on here and speculations but surely if it was definitely going to be a six speed then they would of stated it

Reactions: walshy

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
I’m sure this has already been seen, the latest uk brochure online notes the gearbox for the cupra is TBC, i know there has been a few discussions on here and speculations but surely if it was definitely going to be a six speed then they would of stated it

Yeah I agree, but their reputation the last few months is that even SEAT don't know what they're talking about

huw

Feb 13, 2017
SW London

And if it was definitely going to be a seven speed they would have stated it!
The fact that it is TBC means they haven’t decided, or if they have they have decided not to publicise it yet.

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
SEAT CS confirmed build week 42 week commencing 15th October BUT technical data on the ST not due to be released until the 23rd October so whilst it may be built it will not be released until after the 23rd.

Expected delivery end of November

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
TBC
bdc33176e5afa67f75d331843de0eec2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

AlexOS

And if it was definitely going to be a seven speed they would have stated it!
The fact that it is TBC means they haven’t decided, or if they have they have decided not to publicise it yet.
I think it’s a bit late for being undecided as they will be running it through the WLTP Tests. They just won’t bother updating the price list until they have all the info. They aren’t going to produce an updated price list for just one piece of info when the rest is still waiting on that car.. otherwise they’d be on version 1234567+ for 2018...

Reactions: Jordan McCabe

AlexOS

TBC
bdc33176e5afa67f75d331843de0eec2.jpg

Obviously that’s incorrect anyway as it still lists as a 290etc.. they will update when they finally have all the info.. and I guess we are all waiting for that so we know they can start shipping our cars...

I am definitely looking forward to finally receiving it, but since they’ve provided me with a free Golf R until I receive my ST 4drive, I’m not looking forward to having to pay for my car again. Lol

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Obviously that’s incorrect anyway as it still lists as a 290etc.. they will update when they finally have all the info.. and I guess we are all waiting for that so we know they can start shipping our cars...

I am definitely looking forward to finally receiving it, but since they’ve provided me with a free Golf R until I receive my ST 4drive, I’m not looking forward to having to pay for my car again. Lol
Don't think I'll ever trust it tbh, the website is just as bad for misinformation, come to think of it so are the customer services staff...

Originally I was told this week for info, but I've since been told week 42 based on my order.

To be honest mate they've kept me in my 280 and I've been paying £100 less on my monthlies since the summer of 2017.

You're in a free Golf R.

Dont know about anyone else but we should be able to wait patiently

Reactions: AlexOS

Jordan McCabe

Jul 5, 2018
Info straight from customer services if anyone is interested based on a Desire Red DSG 5 Door Hatch.

No info on the badging or spec!

Attachments

• B7B4464A-E8CB-425C-84AF-002C95B481BF.png
    B7B4464A-E8CB-425C-84AF-002C95B481BF.png
    320.3 KB · Views: 119

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Latest update from my dealer

“I have spoken with Seat dealer support this morning who have informed me your Cupra is currently in Barcelona and is waiting to be loaded on to a ship. The vehicle will be on one of two vessels, the first is due to leave port tomorrow and will arrive in the UK on 13th October. The second is leaving on the 8th October and will land in the UK 21st October.

Dealer support are unable to confirm which of the two your vehicle will be on, however have asked me to call them again tomorrow to see if your vehicle is on the earlier ship.

Once I've spoken with them tomorrow I'll give you a call or email if you'd prefer to update you from there.

Finally from the date the vehicle lands in the UK it will be due onsite with us within two weeks.

Hope this helps, I'll be in touch tomorrow afternoon”

Any news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Seat Dealer Support (via my supplying dealership) cannot confirm whether mine is on a ship or not. It is definitely in Barcelona according to SLi though and has a VIN so know that it exists! Seeing as the homologation data wasn't supposed to be confirmed until today that would suggest it'll be sat waiting for the boat next week.

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
Good news for ST 4Drive people. I’ve got confirmed BW43. Confirmed today.

I have now have a confirmed build week 42. So looks like the ST's are on the move again.

Did they tell you that it will be held until the 23/25 though due to technical data being released?

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Sukhraj

Sep 30, 2018
Spoke to the leasing people they have said it'll be built towards the end of the month and delivery early-mid nov

Reactions: Halvar

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
I have now have a confirmed build week 42. So looks like the ST's are on the move again.

Did they tell you that it will be held until the 23/25 though due to technical data being released?

No mention of that yet anyway