MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Just rang Seat CS, they told me, my car has been built, however it wont be leaving the factory until week 42 after they have conducted there testing (i guess emmisions)

Not sure how long after week 42 it will take to get it to the dealer

Nick Woods

Aug 23, 2018
UK - Midlands
I have a ***BW 38*** also, not heard anything yet (other than the BW date - 17th sept)

The dealer told me it would be arriving Mid OCT - hope that's true!!

UPDATED - asked dealer:

Just checked on the system. No chassis number as yet, hopefully in the next couple of days.

Once the car is built and released form the factory you are ROUGHLY looking at 3-4 weeks before it arrives with us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smolyneux85

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Just rang Seat CS, they told me, my car has been built, however it wont be leaving the factory until week 42 after they have conducted there testing (i guess emmisions)

Not sure how long after week 42 it will take to get it to the dealer
Was yours a BW 38 or 39?

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
Unfortunately it is as I feared my car has been built but cannot ship until technical data comes through on week 42.

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
According to CS, my BW38 HASN’T been built yet. God knows what’s actually happening over in Spain...a fecking long siesta by the sounds of it

Thought yours was already built? Surely CS haven’t told you something different than the other person you spoke too?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Unfortunately it is as I feared my car has been built but cannot ship until technical data comes through on week 42.
Oh dear, well at least it's built.
Some of us don't even have a build week assigned yet

So they're going to have a backlog of 4 build weeks worth of cars before they start shipping??
That doesn't sound right.
Wondering how this will affect delivery dates.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I've just been told by SCS that my order still hasn't been accepted by the factory...

According to them, there will be no factory updates until the 16th October and I should call back then?
Did you place an order for a MY18 before the deadline?

Otherwise I guess the new MY19 orders won't be taken until the technical info gets released which has slipped from week 40 to 42 (week commencing 15th)

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey

Otherwise I guess the new MY19 orders won't be taken until the technical info gets released which has slipped from week 40 to 42 (week commencing 15th)
Yes, mine was processed by the factory as an MY18 about three weeks before the order books closed.
I'm now wondering if they're holding up all orders instead of just processing the MY18-->MY19's. The phrase was "we're all now waiting for the homologation data".

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Thought yours was already built? Surely CS haven’t told you something different than the other person you spoke too?!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mate I don't know what the hells going on! All I know is it's still at 'Status 20' which is 'with production order' and no further details are there to see.

Jordan McCabe

Jul 5, 2018
Out of interest peeps when did everyone place their order?

Mine was April 13th in Desire Red (after crying over eclipse orange being removed).

See if we can possibly make sense of build weeks? :crash:

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Mine was April 13th in Desire Red

Not that many Desire Red Cupra’s around. And I think it looks awesome but I’m biased
6b297c034a6a10a92dbca343c8350ec4.jpg

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Out of interest peeps when did everyone place their order?

Mine was April 13th in Desire Red (after crying over eclipse orange being removed).

See if we can possibly make sense of build weeks? :crash:

Not sure you're going to be able to make sense of them mate, think this has been attempted before.

That said you're better off using the accepted by factory date as opposed to the order date.
Not sure whether you'd want to take added options into account either as this could also be a factor worth considering.

Jordan McCabe

Jul 5, 2018
Not sure you're going to be able to make sense of them mate, think this has been attempted before.

That said you're better off using the accepted by factory date as opposed to the order date.
Not sure whether you'd want to take added options into account either as this could also be a factor worth considering.

Think I’ve given up already :banned:

Wish they’d just build them and get them out to us. I’m willing to let a few slip through WLTP if they are :cheeky:

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...

Otherwise I guess the new MY19 orders won't be taken until the technical info gets released which has slipped from week 40 to 42 (week commencing 15th)...
My order was placed at the end of May, I guess as the order hasn't been accepted who knows what I will get?

Will I get a "hybrid" 18/19 spec. car as the options I ordered are not available on the MY19 car (Camera/SEAT Sound).
Will I get a car at all?

All I can do is wait and see and then argue with the lease company over the costs if I don't get what I ordered?

At the moment I still not sure about the new colour (Magnetic Grey vs Monsoon Grey), the spec. is anyone's guess, who knows... :blink:

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
Beat this one then

Order Accepted Date - 19th February 2018
Order Build Date (guesstimate) - March 2019! :banghead:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.