MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I wonder why they are telling people the engines won't be built till October :headhurt:
May be misinformation.

Some agents seem to get confused between the information released on the 5dr doors and ST. There seems to be a difference.

There was also confusion over the week 40 update (October). Some took it as build weeks for the 5drs, when it seems to be the date that SEAT receive their updated product info.

At the moment it's worth getting updates on your build status periodically. Other than that wait a couple of weeks in the hopes that more info gets released on the CUPRA.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Nah, they’ll be on the boat by Thursday. Once I find out which boat it’s on I can track it live at work using the Marine Traffic website. Should be 3-4 weeks - my 290 was built wk 39 in 2016 and I had it delivered 2nd November. That included a 14 day wait after I signed the paperwork as it was being delivered. If I’d collected it would been mid-October.

Would be nice if that’s the case! It’s just the fact there waiting on engine data that’s not due till 2nd October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
Would be nice if that’s the case! It’s just the fact there waiting on engine data that’s not due till 2nd October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That must mean they won't be able to tax the cars if they arrive here before the 2nd as all the engine data would also determine which tax band it sits in?

AlexOS

I wonder why they are telling people the engines won't be built till October :headhurt:
According to CS, thats for the ST, as the engine spec is different to the 5 door...
I'm interested to know if the 7 Speed DSG is more than just a rumour....
Again, according to CS it seems that this is more likely to be a change to the ST rather than the 5 door..

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
Just had a call from my boy at CS

He's suggesting that whilst I have a confirmed BW39 (24th Sept), due to extra delays and the cars having to be tested individually I can expect to take delivery late November rather than the late October that I was told a few weeks ago, but he's going to call me In a couple of weeks once it's been built and update me on that

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
Just had a call from my boy at CS

He's suggesting that whilst I have a confirmed BW39 (24th Sept), due to extra delays and the cars having to be tested individually I can expect to take delivery late November rather than the late October that I was told a few weeks ago, but he's going to call me In a couple of weeks once it's been built and update me on that

That's not the news you wanted! Especially knowing it will exist but just be parked up! :sleepy:

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
I fecking well hope it’s not late November as I’m registered for Goodwood Breakfast club’s ‘Hot Hatch Sunday’ for Nov 4th. I was hoping to be the only Cupra there as well as being the newest!

Reactions: walshy

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
That's not the news you wanted! Especially knowing it will exist but just be parked up! :sleepy:

It's not but I was originally told i'd only get my car in February so November is still a good thing in comparison

I fecking well hope it’s not late November as I’m registered for Goodwood Breakfast club’s ‘Hot Hatch Sunday’ for Nov 4th. I was hoping to be the only Cupra there as well as being the newest!

I reckon the're probably just trying to cover themselves if there are any further unforeseen delays

We might still see our cars in October, lets hope eh?

Jeggers

Sep 4, 2018
20180918_180138.jpg
20180918_175806.jpg
20180918_180210.jpg
20180918_180744.jpg
20180918_175759.jpg
I've just been to my local Seat dealer to see if they had a magnetic grey car in as I've been told that's what I'm getting now. They just so happened to have a monsoon grey Ibiza next to a magnetic grey Arona. Hard to see as it's a bit gloomy, but the Arona is a much more greeny bluey colour. Even the the salesman said they're nothing like the same colour. I preferred the monsoon grey! I'd like to see a Cupra in the colour though.

Attachments

• 20180918_180204.jpg
    20180918_180204.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 75

Jeggers

Sep 4, 2018
Hmmm not so sure on the new colour now, is it to late to change? :blink:
I got told 3 months ago that I couldn't change as the ordered was accepted. Annoyed that they've then changed to what i think is a worse colour. Looked much more bland IMO.

Reactions: Copra68

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I got told 3 months ago that I couldn't change as the ordered was accepted. Annoyed that they've then changed to what i think is a worse colour. Looked much more bland IMO.
One more pain in the arse in what seems to be the worst car buying process ever :banghead2

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
View attachment 1685 View attachment 1686 View attachment 1687 View attachment 1690 View attachment 1689 I've just been to my local Seat dealer to see if they had a magnetic grey car in as I've been told that's what I'm getting now. They just so happened to have a monsoon grey Ibiza next to a magnetic grey Arona. Hard to see as it's a bit gloomy, but the Arona is a much more greeny bluey colour. Even the the salesman said they're nothing like the same colour. I preferred the monsoon grey! I'd like to see a Cupra in the colour though.

I think it will really suit a Cupra, I really like it tbh

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
I had a call from my dealer today, telling me the car is being built this week ( which I already knew) but he said that it would be 4-5 weeks before i see it, he went on to say that they still have other Seat’s (not Cupras obviously) at the port and they have been sitting there for 3 weeks

Jeggers

Sep 4, 2018
Someone posted a picture earlier (I think) and it looked better but in this picture it looks like it has green through it, the green puts me off.
Yeah, I think the other photo looked better, but it wasn't that clear. It was a very blue grey with a little hint of green. I'll reserve judgement until I see a Cupra in good light in the colour. I just wish I'd order mystery blue at the start!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise