MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
They also show as being keyless too - maybe it’s showing the ‘higher’ spec interior as it’s easier than re-doing without keyless and Beats. Thing is, neither Beats nor Seat Sound is an option anymore and with both, you needed the spare wheel to house the sub. Now the spare wheel has been removed for MY19’s and is a dealership upsell for £115. If Beats is provided then they must have made a new foam insert for the boot floor.

I ordered seat sound, which has now changed to beats on my order sheet so I expect to get the spare wheel regardless.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
What's the likelihood those of us that ordered when a spare wheel was standard will still get one?

I asked exactly the same question; “MY18’s now built as MY19 won’t get a spare tyre even though it was standard on MY18.”

Truth is, we just don’t know what we’re going to get till the first few turn up! I’ll start a new thread the moment I get mine as I’ll be collecting as soon after it’s built on Sept 17th as possible!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Where did you get a copy of your order sheet please? From your dealer?
My dealership took a screenshot it confirms the current spec and status

Still a 6spd but apparently I have beats...
38094709e19eb0c37197cd967eaf7487.jpg
6594e65db8e2bc3706fe977b81c2388f.jpg

DG5

Jun 19, 2018
Does the winter pack only show if it was spec'd as an option when ordering?

My order didn't include any options and so the winter pack is not shown. Is this normal or does this mean it is not standard on the MY19 orders as I have been advised?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Does the winter pack only show if it was spec'd as an option when ordering?

My order didn't include any options and so the winter pack is not shown. Is this normal or does this mean it is not standard on the MY19 orders as I have been advised?
I ordered the winter pack pre MY19. That'll be why it still appears.
If it is a standard option it would no longer appear in the options list.

Reactions: DG5

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
My dealership took a screenshot it confirms the current spec and status

Still a 6spd but apparently I have beats...
38094709e19eb0c37197cd967eaf7487.jpg
6594e65db8e2bc3706fe977b81c2388f.jpg

Very nice, in contact with my dealer and SLi might not show anything as mine has not yet been converted to MY19, as others have said technical data for the ST is not out until week 43. He did confirm no power change.

Last edited:

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
from my supplying dealer...bad bad news for all us waiting ST's!

My dealer has been in a meeting with Seat and they have just been told this Cupra model will not be built until early Q1 which an expected delivery of March time.

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
from my supplying dealer...bad bad news for all us waiting ST's!

That isn't good news at all!

Especially as it sounds like they've got a reasonable backlog of STs to get built.

Looks like I'll definitely be purchasing my current PCP Golf GTD to tide me over until my ST arrives.

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
Only good for those who were thinking of asking the dealer to hold it for a 19 plate. I have a request in for a loan car as I ordered mine back in February... waiting to hear
True, I could really do with mine before that though!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Maybe like everybody else they are waiting for a build date on there car so they can take some pictures.
I hear your point, but doesn't it seem strange that SEAT would upgrade the configurator and post M19 interior shots of cars with options that are no longer configurable/available?

Since there have been no reported updates to the interior they wouldn't have needed to update them. At least until they could take photos like you say.

The upgraded sound has been removed completely according to MY19 easy options and current pricelist, however I ordered SEAT sound as an option and it has been replaced with beatsaudio on my order.

Wouldn't it be something if the reason you couldn't order it anymore is because it was actually included on higher trims

Reactions: AlexOS

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
I hear your point, but doesn't it seem strange that SEAT would upgrade the configurator and post M19 interior shots of cars with options that are no longer configurable/available?

Since there have been no reported updates to the interior they wouldn't have needed to update them. At least until they could take photos like you say.

The upgraded sound has been removed completely according to MY19 easy options and current pricelist, however I ordered SEAT sound as an option and it has been replaced with beatsaudio on my order.

Wouldn't it be something if the reason you couldn't order it anymore is because it was actually included on higher trims

Maybe it WILL be a free upgrade after all. The most annoying thing is that Seat are building my car in 4 days so of course they know exactly what the car is built with or else how is their production planning schedule going to be organised?
Maybe I should start a pole on which tyres they'll be fitted with! I'm still thinking about taking my less than a year old PS4S's off my current lease and putting the two old 5P's I've still got in the garage, then buy a couple of pre-worns from ebay and fitting them before BCA turn up.

Reactions: Smolyneux85

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Maybe it WILL be a free upgrade after all. The most annoying thing is that Seat are building my car in 4 days so of course they know exactly what the car is built with or else how is their production planning schedule going to be organised?
Maybe I should start a pole on which tyres they'll be fitted with! I'm still thinking about taking my less than a year old PS4S's off my current lease and putting the two old 5P's I've still got in the garage, then buy a couple of pre-worns from ebay and fitting them before BCA turn up.

4 days - how excited must you be feeling now?!!

I'm still at stage 00 - without production week.

According to the info I received SEAT UK will receive all the info on the production of the 5dr by week 40. Can't comment on other markets. I wonder how & where SEAT.fr got their information...

I was going to buy PS4S' for my 290 and swap the boots it comes with my 280, which came with Sport Conti 5's.

Reactions: CupraRobX

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
4 days - how excited must you be feeling now?!!

I'm still at stage 00 - without production week.

According to the info I received SEAT UK will receive all the info on the production of the 5dr by week 40. Can't comment on other markets. I wonder how & where SEAT.fr got their information...

I was going to buy PS4S' for my 290 and swap the boots it comes with my 280, which came with Sport Conti 5's.

The only thing I need to worry about is dovetailing my 290 BE with BCA so they collect on a Friday and then hopefully I can get up to Stockport on the Monday to collect. Which Friday and which Monday are both unknowns right now! Do I do a Facebook live and walk around the car answering questions??!!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
The only thing I need to worry about is dovetailing my 290 BE with BCA so they collect on a Friday and then hopefully I can get up to Stockport on the Monday to collect. Which Friday and which Monday are both unknowns right now! Do I do a Facebook live and walk around the car answering questions??!!
1st world problems

Definitely start with some pics, but I'm sure a few of us would appreciate some video footage.

Here's to hoping they haven't ruined the exhaust sound....

Reactions: walshy

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
1st world problems

Definitely start with some pics, but I'm sure a few of us would appreciate some video footage.

Here's to hoping they haven't ruined the exhaust sound....

I'm pretty confident I'll end up with the Winter Pack at this point so my only other concern is that exhaust.

If it doesn't make yobby noises I'm going to have to go to work on it.

Res delete was planned for day 1 anyway

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
I'm pretty confident I'll end up with the Winter Pack at this point so my only other concern is that exhaust.

If it doesn't make yobby noises I'm going to have to go to work on it.

Res delete was planned for day 1 anyway
I don’t think it’s going to have all the pops, bangs and crackles any more if the BMW 140i/240i has anything to go by. The OPF seems to have muted it and they’ve mapped out all the fun noises. Removing boxes won’t change that...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members