MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

AlexOS

Cupra R only came in greys and black.

The pic you’ve attached is exactly how the interior will be in the update. No chrome. All black.

I don’t agree to these changes and I didn’t design it but they’re coming
Your story about the info keeps changing.. one minute it is exactly as your picture (chrome inlays and white stitching), now its exactly like mine (black inlays and copper stitching).. You really need to get this information as it is making less and less sense with every comment...

As I said, the picture in my post above is of the CUPRA Ateca (NOT SEAT). It doesn't have the flags as the flag is a Seat brand identity for their premier Cupra range... The CUPRA brand is the logo on the centre of the steering wheel, hence the lack of flags.

We have ordered SEAT Cupras. SEAT cars have the flags to identify the Cupra spec models, as they have the FR for that model spec. There is no sense in them removing the flags from the cars until they change over to the Cupra brand. I believe they may make subtle changes to the flags, i.e. the black rather than red, but I do not believe they will delete the flags from the cars completely. Your info is made even less sensible by the fact that you say they are leaving the flag on the front grill, but removing it from the rear boot panel, the steering wheel and the kick plates.. If they were going to remove the flags, they would remove ALL the flags.

Last edited:

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
Your story about the info keeps changing.. one minute it is exactly as your picture (chrome inlays and white stitching), now its exactly like mine (black inlays and copper stitching).. You really need to get this information as it is making less and less sense with every comment...

As I said, the picture in my post above is of the CUPRA Ateca (NOT SEAT). It doesn't have the flags as the flag is a Seat brand identity for their premier Cupra range... The CUPRA brand is the logo on the centre of the steering wheel, hence the lack of flags.

We have ordered SEAT Cupras. SEAT cars have the flags to identify the Cupra spec models, as they have the FR for that model spec. There is no sense in them removing the flags from the cars until they change over to the Cupra brand. I believe they may make subtle changes to the flags, i.e. the black rather than red, but I do not believe they will delete the flags from the cars completely. Your info is made even less sensible by the fact that you say they are leaving the flag on the front grill, but removing it from the rear boot panel, the steering wheel and the kick plates.. If they were going to remove the flags, they would remove ALL the flags.

I agree with you. I think it’s madness but I’m categorically telling you that the Cupra I receive will be as I’ve described.

Post BW42.

AlexOS

I agree with you. I think it’s madness but I’m categorically telling you that the Cupra I receive will be as I’ve described.

Post BW42.
Which description? That’s my point

I’ve got to the stage where I don’t really believe anything at the moment as I have spoken to 2 claim managers this week and been told by one the car will be 7sp DSG with winter pack included and the other that it’ll be 6sp DSG with no winter pack.

The only thing they agree on is even the spec on the system is speculation until the order is CONFIRMED.. and currently there are NO Cupras that are confirmed. There are hundreds of ACCEPTED orders with excpected build dates around week 40 for the 5 door and week 45 onwards for the ST, but non are confirmed yet.

As you are not a UK customer, you may get a slightly different spec but the point is that currently nothing is confirmed for anyone. Even the information that the customer service team is getting varies.

Last edited:

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016

I’ve got to the stage where I don’t really believe anything at the moment as I have spoken to 2 claim managers this week and been told by one the car will be 7sp DSG with winter pack included and the other that it’ll be 6sp DSG with no winter pack.

The only thing they agree on is even the spec on the system is speculation until the order is CONFIRMED.. and currently there are NO Cupras that are confirmed. There are hundreds of ACCEPTED orders with excpected build dates around week 40 for the 5 door and week 45 onwards for the ST, but non are confirmed yet.

As you are not a UK customer, you may get a slightly different spec but the point is that currently nothing is confirmed for anyone. Even the information that the customer service team is getting varies.

Maybe you didn’t see my detailed description previously but I’m telling you that from BW42 on these are the changes.

1) all S badges copper
2) only 1 flag on the car. It’ll be on the front but black
3) Cupra will be written in the back in black on all Cupra
4) only Cupra written on the door sills
5) all chrome trim removed from interior and replaced with black (similar to the released Cupra Ateca pics)
6) no flags inside at all
7) the mib display will also have a copper S
8) Cupra brake calipers will be black.

I think that’s it’s from memory.

I’ve absolutely no idea why. It doesn’t make sense and I don’t agree with the changes but they’re happening. You can choose to believe me or not but my car will arrive as described here. I’m in Ireland. RHD.

AlexOS

Maybe you didn’t see my detailed description previously but I’m telling you that from BW42 on these are the changes.

1) all S badges copper
2) only 1 flag on the car. It’ll be on the front but black
3) Cupra will be written in the back in black on all Cupra
4) only Cupra written on the door sills
5) all chrome trim removed from interior and replaced with black (similar to the released Cupra Ateca pics)
6) no flags inside at all
7) the mib display will also have a copper S
8) Cupra brake calipers will be black.

I think that’s it’s from memory.

I’ve absolutely no idea why. It doesn’t make sense and I don’t agree with the changes but they’re happening. You can choose to believe me or not but my car will arrive as described here. I’m in Ireland. RHD.
No mention of the stitching there, but you also said it would be basically the same as the picture you posted with the white stitching, but when I posted one with copper you said it would be like that..

Anyway, I’ll wait for confirmation of my build date and get the spec then because no one at Seat ive spoken to seems to have a clue so why would your contacts..

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
No mention of the stitching there, but you also said it would be basically the same as the picture you posted with the white stitching, but when I posted one with copper you said it would be like that..

Anyway, I’ll wait for confirmation of my build date and get the spec then because no one at Seat ive spoken to seems to have a clue so why would your contacts..

If you read back through this thread I’ve stated clearly several times Ive no idea what colour the thread will be. I’ve just said all black similar to the Ateca Cupra and no flags.

AlexOS

If you read back through this thread I’ve stated clearly several times Ive no idea what colour the thread will be. I’ve just said all black similar to the Ateca Cupra and no flags.
Damo, don’t get me wrong, I’m not having a go or trying to make out you are taking to Mick, I’m just saying that what you’ve been told doesn’t make sense.

Unless you have a line directly into the senior management at the factory..? My contacts ave direct access to Seat UKs top brass and they don’t believe that even they know 100% currently.

Until the order goes to CONFIRMED, it can all change. At that point, they will have ordered/allocated specific parts for each car’s build and it is then set.

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
Damo, don’t get me wrong, I’m not having a go or trying to make out you are taking to Mick, I’m just saying that what you’ve been told doesn’t make sense.

Unless you have a line directly into the senior management at the factory..? My contacts ave direct access to Seat UKs top brass and they don’t believe that even they know 100% currently.

Until the order goes to CONFIRMED, it can all change. At that point, they will have ordered/allocated specific parts for each car’s build and it is then set.

It’ll be 2019 at this rate!

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I feel for you all.

When I was looking to buy a Cupra I saw the extended build / delivery dates and decided to get a pre registered one instead. Heated Leather Seats, Seat Sound and 300bhp.

Wasn’t the colour I originally wanted (Mystery Blue) as it’s Desire Red but now I have it I’m glad I didn’t get a blue one as they seem quite common, especially in my neck of the woods.

Mine was an Ex Seat Management Car in perfect condition, DSG box and now I have it I know I couldn’t wait as long as some of you are.

Hopefully the WLTP debacle will soon be sorted and you will all have a smile on your face as big as I do each time I sit in my Cupra. Oh and empty pockets... but we didn’t buy them to save money.

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
I feel for you all.

When I was looking to buy a Cupra I saw the extended build / delivery dates and decided to get a pre registered one instead. Heated Leather Seats, Seat Sound and 300bhp.

Wasn’t the colour I originally wanted (Mystery Blue) as it’s Desire Red but now I have it I’m glad I didn’t get a blue one as they seem quite common, especially in my neck of the woods.

Mine was an Ex Seat Management Car in perfect condition, DSG box and now I have it I know I couldn’t wait as long as some of you are.

Hopefully the WLTP debacle will soon be sorted and you will all have a smile on your face as big as I do each time I sit in my Cupra. Oh and empty pockets... but we didn’t buy them to save money.
In a similar vein, I had the courtesy car last week for 2 days whilst mine was in. Perfectly nice Leon FR, just not my ST 290. The returning smile as I pulled away again in my Cupra was huge. I may be still waiting until Jan/Feb 2019 for the ST 300 4Drive, but it will be worth it.

AlexOS

Mine is an ST 4Drive and estimated
Ok.. I’ve been told week 45 is the absolute earliest possible, but on Friday they said that they weren’t expecting ‘technical info ‘ from the factory until late October, and that the engines wouldn’t go for build until after that was received.

I am hoping for it to be built by weeks 47-47.. I don’t expect a Christmas present from Seat, but maybe birthday in early January. Lol

I certainly am not holding my breath for anything any more.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey

*waves hand wildly in the air* Meeeeeeee, I have a factory confirmed order at Status 20 - i.e with production order and the BW38 is confirmed and set in stone. The only option is PW1 winter pack, with desire red and my engine/box combo is being shown as "Leon 5dr CUPRA 290 2.0 TSI 290PS 6-speed DSG-Auto"

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
*waves hand wildly in the air* Meeeeeeee, I have a factory confirmed order at Status 20 - i.e with production order and the BW38 is confirmed and set in stone. The only option is PW1 winter pack, with desire red and my engine/box combo is being shown as "Leon 5dr CUPRA 290 2.0 TSI 290PS 6-speed DSG-Auto"

I got the exact same for BW39 but not showing PW1 winter pack :(

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
That's because I added it as a cost option - as it's standard build now it won't be shown as an added option pack on SLi

My CS Contact told me I won't get it at all, and I guess we won't know until the first cars start arriving

You'll get yours pretty soon hopefully, can't wait to see pictures!

Reactions: CupraRobX
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.