MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
Has anybody heard or know anyone that’s received the 290bhp model yet?

Just chasing up with CS regarding my build week of week 38. They’ve now said once it’s build it will go for WLTP testing, once it passes then there’ll release for delivery. I was under be impression the 5dr has already passes the WLTP with the 290bhp output.

I do hope it passes or we’re in for a further wait if it doesn’t!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They'll just cheat :cartman:

Reactions: Smolyneux85

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
According to what they told me production doesn't start till October wether that's just what they are telling me who knows.

It’s a lottery who you speak to!! This is the complaint dept I dealing with.

There adamant my build commences Monday 17th sept (1 week to complete) then onto testing.

Maybe I’ll have the car just in time for trick or treating.

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
I can't imagine them building a car to then find out if it passes new tests?!.
Probably more junk being spouted by the seat CS team as usual!

Yeah I thought the same! My build can’t be the first so surly they know the figures for the WLPT already.

rapidross

Aug 13, 2018
It’s a lottery who you speak to!! This is the complaint dept I dealing with.

There adamant my build commences Monday 17th sept (1 week to complete) then onto testing.

Maybe I’ll have the car just in time for trick or treating.

I've got the same build week as you then for a 5 door in Nevada white,, sounds like we might have the first build week of these particular models

Reactions: Smolyneux85

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Just had a call from my Customer service manager from the Seat Exec office.

She was able to clarify my order info.

So to begin with I don't have a build week 40.

*Week 40 (1st October) Is when seat CS will receive technical info on the Cupra.

* The winter pack is on my order as part of my MY18 spec - although now standard on MY19

* Beats audio is on my order as part of my MY18 spec. I originally ordered SEAT Sound which has been discontinued. Beats Audio is replacing that for me.

* The gearbox on my order is DSG 6 speed.

Details are still subject to change, so she hasn't ruled out DSG 7 speed. She just doesn't know and believes all will become clear by week 40.

It was suggested that if I received a build week in October that I should expect to see the car within 5 weeks, and she would update me at each stage of the process since I've been waiting so long.

That'll do for me, roll on October....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AlexOS

I can't imagine them building a car to then find out if it passes new tests?!.
Probably more junk being spouted by the seat CS team as usual!
WLTP isn’t a pass/fail test, it just gives more accurate consumption/pollution figures than the old tests. In theory I believe they could actually build the cars and send them to the dealer before tears are complete but they couldn’t drive the. Are (even on dealer plates) or register them until the test were complete as they wouldn’t know the tax band.

The only reason they won’t send them is because if the figures came back stupidly high, they could make changes like exhaust to bring the results down that would be much harder once the card left the factory.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Did you mention copper badging to them Alex?
Sorry to bring this up again but are these the design changes you were hinting at from the inside regarding the copper S and flags?

I.e steering wheel and Kick plates?
4a77bfaa03a0ef6bb8d166cd2de1b5cf.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexOS

AlexOS

Sorry to bring this up again but are these the design changes you were hinting at from the inside regarding the copper S and flags?

I.e steering wheel and Kick plates?
4a77bfaa03a0ef6bb8d166cd2de1b5cf.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist :)

If it came like that, with all the copper I would be happy, but Damo7 seemed to be saying it would be the copper S, but leave the stitching white and the inlays black.. and that would look crap..

In the case of the flags, they’re all still there, just changed to the black rather than red flash. I’d prefer red (or even copper) to black, but the point is, they are still there.. including the kick plate, with the flag AND the word Cupra.

I’d be fine if mine arrived like that, although I definitely prefer the digital dash to the analogue.

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
If it came like that, with all the copper I would be happy, but Damo7 seemed to be saying it would be the copper S, but leave the stitching white and the inlays black.. and that would look crap..

In the case of the flags, they’re all still there, just changed to the black rather than red flash. I’d prefer red (or even copper) to black, but the point is, they are still there.. including the kick plate, with the flag AND the word Cupra.

I’d be fine if mine arrived like that, although I definitely prefer the digital dash to the analogue.

No that’s the Cupra R interior. The only copper on the changes will be the S. Look at the Ateca Cupra interior. It’ll be very similar to that but with an S and not the new Cupra Logo.
I’m not sure what colour the stitching is.

Attachments

• C6160805-7766-415E-BA5B-87DC0AAB3DB9.jpeg
    C6160805-7766-415E-BA5B-87DC0AAB3DB9.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 86
  • C2F6A6BE-20F6-4903-8F28-1A9EDBBB7211.jpeg
    C2F6A6BE-20F6-4903-8F28-1A9EDBBB7211.jpeg
    245.8 KB · Views: 90

Liam

Jul 6, 2018
Gloucester
That’s the interior of the Cupra R, I very much doubt they will replicate that for exclusivity reasons. I’m still very sceptical on the whole thing, I don’t understand the need to change it to half copper- illogical.

Reactions: AlexOS

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
That’s the interior of the Cupra R, I very much doubt they will replicate that for exclusivity reasons. I’m still very sceptical on the whole thing, I don’t understand the need to change it to half copper- illogical.

I’ve ordered Mystery Blue... can’t see copper and mystery blue being nice... I’ll be changing it back myself if it doesn’t look ok

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

Morning pal,

I was just hinting at the black flag and the kick plates more than anything else.

The pics are from the CUPRA R part of the SEAT website.

Didn't realize Damo7 was hinting at no badges at all.

AlexOS

I’ve ordered Mystery Blue... can’t see copper and mystery blue being nice... I’ll be changing it back myself if it doesn’t look ok
Agreed on they mystery blue/copper combination, however if the only change is the S on the steering wheel, then the exterior colour is irrelevant.

As Liam said, they need to either rebrand totally to cupra and go copper or leave it as it is.

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
Agreed on they mystery blue/copper combination, however if the only change is the S on the steering wheel, then the exterior colour is irrelevant.

As Liam said, they need to either rebrand totally to cupra and go copper or leave it as it is.

My info is that post BW 42 that all S interior & exterior will be copper.

No flags at all bar 1 black one on the front.

Black brake calipers

All black interior as per cupra Ateca

AlexOS

Black brake calipers

All black interior as per cupra Ateca
The difference is that the cars we have ordered are Seat and the flags are what shows they are the exclusive Cupra range, like the FR badges.. with the Ateca, it is a Cupra, NOT a Seat, so the flags aren’t necessary, as it has the copper CUPRA badge..

AlexOS

Black brake calipers

All black interior as per Cupra Ateca
Also, you’ll note that the Cupra Ateca in the photos is an early prototype to give an idea of styling etc, NOT The finished article, you will notice, I'm sure, that it is a bog standard Ateca with the steering wheel centre changed. I have also uploaded the current image from the Cupra site, where they have already updated it to include the copper stitching and changed the chrome inserts for matt black. So there will be quite a few changes before the final cars are released.. They will probably have quite a few differences, as they will want the car to look noticeably different to the Seat model..

All they have done with that car from the standard Ateca is add the digital cockpit and change the steering wheel hub to one with the Cupra brand badge. The door cards are different from the ones on the configurator, but that could be because the one they used is from a model thats not back on there yet.

Has anyone actually seen a picture of a Cupra R in any colour apart from Matt Grey? I can't find one anywhere...

Attachments

• ateca.jpg
    ateca.jpg
    722.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
Also, you’ll note that the Cupra Ateca in the photos is an early prototype to give an idea of styling etc, NOT The finished article, you will notice, I'm sure, that it is a bog standard Ateca with the steering wheel centre changed. I have also uploaded the current image from the Cupra site, where they have already updated it to include the copper stitching and changed the chrome inserts for matt black. So there will be quite a few changes before the final cars are released.. They will probably have quite a few differences, as they will want the car to look noticeably different to the Seat model..

All they have done with that car from the standard Ateca is add the digital cockpit and change the steering wheel hub to one with the Cupra brand badge. The door cards are different from the ones on the configurator, but that could be because the one they used is from a model thats not back on there yet.

Has anyone actually seen a picture of a Cupra R in any colour apart from Matt Grey? I can't find one anywhere...

Cupra R only came in greys and black.

The pic you’ve attached is exactly how the interior will be in the update. No chrome. All black.

I don’t agree to these changes and I didn’t design it but they’re coming

Jeggers

Sep 4, 2018
There's a few of videos on YouTube. Not sure how to sure how to share, but you can type "2018 Seat Leon Cupra R: start up and exhaust sound" and "2018 Leon Cupra R (310hp)" in YouTube should bring it up.

The one in my local dealer was black. I think grey looks better.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.