MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
I drove a 2018 M140i on Saturday. Wasn't much in the way of pops and bangs, but to be fair that car didn't need them.

As the CUPRA doesn't have that deep 6 cylinder sounds i need it to have the pops and bangs

It wouldn't be so bad if it had the sound of the S3. That thing sounded loud in "comfort" mode.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I fully agree, I need some noise, my Ibiza Cupra sounded like a hoover

Jeggers

Sep 4, 2018
Looks like we’re gonna get the 7 speed DSG after all :dance:

SEAT have added the 1.6tdi to the uk configurator and clearly shows it has the 7spd!

The 1.6tdi and all engines with 250nm of torque or less have always been the 7 speed dry clutch DQ200 DSG, so no change there. The engines with greater than 250nm of torque (all 2 litre TSI & TDI) used the 6 speed wet clutch DQ250 DSG. That said, as the French (and other) sites are showing 7 speed for the Cupra, then I’m Hoping that what we get. Not sure what model DSG this would be. I’m hoping it’s not the DSG (I think model DQ380 ) used in my current leased 2.0TDI 150 Tiguan as that’s a bit juddery after 20 months of use and the reason I wouldn’t look to buy the car at the end of the lease.

I ordered my 5dr Cupra Monsoon Grey (no options) on the 23rd of May and do not have a build date. I got told yesterday that the car would now be Magnetic Grey. I asked if I could change to mystery blue over a month ago, but was told by the dealer that I couldn’t as Seat had accepted the order. Doesn’t seem fair that I couldn’t change the colour, but they could!

AlexOS

The 1.6tdi and all engines with 250nm of torque or less have always been the 7 speed dry clutch DQ200 DSG, so no change there. The engines with greater than 250nm of torque (all 2 litre TSI & TDI) used the 6 speed wet clutch DQ250 DSG. That said, as the French (and other) sites are showing 7 speed for the Cupra, then I’m Hoping that what we get. Not sure what model DSG this would be. I’m hoping it’s not the DSG (I think model DQ380 ) used in my current leased 2.0TDI 150 Tiguan as that’s a bit juddery after 20 months of use and the reason I wouldn’t look to buy the car at the end of the lease.

I ordered my 5dr Cupra Monsoon Grey (no options) on the 23rd of May and do not have a build date. I got told yesterday that the car would now be Magnetic Grey. I asked if I could change to mystery blue over a month ago, but was told by the dealer that I couldn’t as Seat had accepted the order. Doesn’t seem fair that I couldn’t change the colour, but they could!
I believe from earlier posts that it’s pretty much just a rename of the colour. To the naked eye it’s apparent very hard to see the difference.. although I do agree with your point...

Jeggers

Sep 4, 2018
I'm hoping it does look like Monsoon Grey. The colour in the brochure for Magnetic Grey doesn't look anything like Monsoon Grey does in person, but neither do any of the other colours look like they do in person.

I always originally wanted Mystery Blue, but went for grey as I hoped it would mean less vandals or thieves would notice it. My Golf R got scratched down every panel down one side by vandals. I'd also not ordered that in the Golf R Lapis Blue for the same reason.

Everytime I see a mystery blue Cupra, I always wish I'd ordered that colour. Although the colour is so common on many Seats now, but IMO only looks good on sporty versions.

At least grey will be better my lack of washing the car. The Tiguan gets a wash every 10,000 miles, whether it needs a one or not (at the service).

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
I'm hoping it does look like Monsoon Grey. The colour in the brochure for Magnetic Grey doesn't look anything like Monsoon Grey does in person, but neither do any of the other colours look like they do in person.

I always originally wanted Mystery Blue, but went for grey as I hoped it would mean less vandals or thieves would notice it. My Golf R got scratched down every panel down one side by vandals. I'd also not ordered that in the Golf R Lapis Blue for the same reason.

Everytime I see a mystery blue Cupra, I always wish I'd ordered that colour. Although the colour is so common on many Seats now, but IMO only looks good on sporty versions.

At least grey will be better my lack of washing the car. The Tiguan gets a wash every 10,000 miles, whether it needs a one or not (at the service).

I originally ordered my 300 in Mystery Blue... Then literally every Cupra I saw out on the road was the same colour so I changed my mind! Luckily I was able to...

That’s not to say that I don’t like Mystery Blue, it’s probably still my favourite colour but I wanted something a little different and the Eclipse Orange is certainly that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeggers

Sep 4, 2018
I originally ordered my 300 in Mystery Blue... Then literally every Cupra I saw out on the road was the same colour so I changed my mind! Luckily I was able to...

That’s not to say that I don’t like Mystery Blue, it’s probably still my favourite colour but I wanted something a little different and the Eclipse Orange is certainly that

I like the Orange (only on a Cupra) but it certainly wouldn't blend in and not be noticed!

The other thing I wish we could change are the wheels. They are very noticeable and are going to be a nightmare to try and not curb as I always have to parallel park in tight gaps down my road.

The SEAT salesman man told me they don't curb easily, but then I pointed out that the Cupra in the showroom only had 14 miles on the clock and already had 2 curbed alloys.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey

You're lucky you have Eclipse - it's now been pulled and as far as I'm aware will not be used on MY18 ordered cars being built under MY19.
I almost went for it, but I also have an inferno orange RS Megane also so don't want two ginger cars! I went for desire red instead, meaning my Seat ownership will now have been 100% red - my previous PD130 Ibiza in Emocion red

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria

That’s why I like Desire Red. Think Ive only seen a total of 3 of them since I got mine. One of them belongs to one of the Sales Reps at my local dealers too.

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
I have gone for the mystery blue in my ST. MY current FR 5dr is the grey, so I wanted a change. I did consider the orange, the kids loved it but my wife vetoed it. Lol

My other half hates the colour. She calls it sh1t brown

Reactions: Maypack

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
I think I’m lucky in my area, I’ve only seen 4 cupra sin the last year or so.. various colours, but I’m sure the day mine is delivered, I’ll start to see them everywhere. Lol

I've only seen one cupra near where I live and it's an Alor blue 280 I think, gorgeous colour

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I keep saying come to West Cumbria. I’ve seen 5 on the way to work and I know of at least another 10. And all of them are MK3’s. When you add in the Mk2 and Mk1’s this is a vibrant Cupra area.

And don’t get me started on FR’s, Arona, Ateca, Ibiza and Leon... must be in the low hundreds...

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Up to our eyeballs in Golf R's around this neck of the woods too - were VW giving them away at some point??

Reactions: AlexOS

AlexOS

On the Seat Germany site, they have the 190ps (320nm) engine on the Leon FR with the 7sp DSG and the french site has the Cupra also with the 7sp so it certainly looks more and more likely that we will get that as both of those are well over the 250nm...

Reactions: Jordan McCabe

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
On the Seat Germany site, they have the 190ps (320nm) engine on the Leon FR with the 7sp DSG and the french site has the Cupra also with the 7sp so it certainly looks more and more likely that we will get that as both of those are well over the 250nm...
Thinking on isn't the Ateca CUPRA out this year?

That's already got the 7spd mated to the 2.0l

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise