MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

AlexOS

I’ve ordered Mystery Blue too.
Totally unsure how the copper will look.

The only flag left will be black on the front. None inside. None on the back, none on door sills.

My info is also that it’s BW42/2018 onwards.

That’s what I’m told. I’m very very confident.
I can’t see them getting rid of the flags without a compete Cupra rebrand, which I find VERY unlikely, as that would completely remove the identity of the car.

I cannot see them completely changing to the copper without speaking to the customers directly as this would be too much of a change to shrug off and would upset a lot of people.

Week 42 would be nice, but I can’t see anything happening then, as the info I received was that the engines might begin build then, but the cars would be week 45-51, and I suspect they will build a lot of left hand drive first, so I would be surprised to see a UK model before week 49-50 earliest..

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I’ve ordered Mystery Blue too.
Totally unsure how the copper will look.

The only flag left will be black on the front. None inside. None on the back, none on door sills.

My info is also that it’s BW42/2018 onwards.

That’s what I’m told. I’m very very confident.

That suggests an yet another discrepancy between those with confirmed build weeks of 38/39.

Those have the MY19 engine/exhaust changes + the winter pack.

Doesn't make sense that they'd change things 4 weeks later ...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I can’t see them getting rid of the flags without a compete Cupra rebrand, which I find VERY unlikely, as that would completely remove the identity of the car.

I cannot see them completely changing to the copper without speaking to the customers directly as this would be too much of a change to shrug off and would upset a lot of people.
Not just unlikely Seat themselves said the mk3 Leon will remain seat and the mk4 new Leon will be the first to be cupra branded.

Reactions: Liam and AlexOS

AlexOS

That suggests an yet another discrepancy between those with confirmed build weeks of 38/39.

Those have the MY19 engine/exhaust changes + the winter pack.

Doesn't make sense that they'd change things 4 weeks later ...

The week 38/39 are the 5door with the 290 engine, not the ST so there could be differences initially, but I agree, it would be a pointless and very expensive change

Last edited:

rurusobas

Aug 31, 2018
Had ordered Cupra 300 ST 4Drive early this year.

Last info from dealer was that the upgrades after factory holidays will include 7 gear dsg and copper badges (as Cupra R). No specific information on power/torque end as of now.

Reactions: Damo7

AlexOS

Had ordered Cupra 300 ST 4Drive early this year.

Last info from dealer was that the upgrades after factory holidays will include 7 gear dsg and copper badges (as Cupra R). No specific information on power/torque end as of now.
Is that a UK model? I still can’t see it, as without going the full hog with copper stitching and inlays on the inside and the mirrors and wheels on the outside, copper badges would look out of place..

rurusobas

Aug 31, 2018
Is that a UK model? I still can’t see it, as without going the full hog with copper stitching and inlays on the inside and the mirrors and wheels on the outside, copper badges would look out of place..

No its not a UK model. Sadly I can't really elaborate on anything further either as I am simply relaying all I was told by my local dealer.

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
Just to clarify...
1) it’ll still be Seat logo but in copper front back and steering wheel
2) only flag inside or out is black and on grill
3) all silver inside removed and replaced with black as per the pics of the ATECA Cupra but with a Seat badge.
4) black brake calipers
5) door sills will illuminate with Cupra only
6) copper dials on the radio.

Rurusobas above is on mainland Europe and LHD but I’m in RHD here in Ireland.

I’m telling you all that I’ll have a Cupra exactly as listed above!

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
Some of you have good contacts at SEAT UK. Ask them straight out about what I’ve said...

AlexOS

Just to clarify...
1) it’ll still be Seat logo but in copper front back and steering wheel
2) only flag inside or out is black and on grill
3) all silver inside removed and replaced with black as per the pics of the ATECA Cupra but with a Seat badge.
4) black brake calipers
5) door sills will illuminate with Cupra only
6) copper dials on the radio.

Ok, a couple of things...
2) what will replace the flag on the boot? And what on the bottom of the steering wheel/floor mat labels? The R has an R/flag hybrid..
4) all paperwork and websites say RED callipers, as this is a Cupra feature on everything except special editions
5) why would they design and commission new sills just for a few months?
6) what dials on radio? There’s only 1 button...

But apart from the above, you’re saying it’ll have copper badges, black inlays and white stitching? I think I a blind monkey could tell you that would look awful, and can totally honestly say if it turns up like that, I’ll be refusing it..

AlexOS

What a Frankenstein’s monster of a car
I’d be returning it too, I’d rather have a Type R, looking like it was designed by a bunch of kids...
Yes, but DEISGNED by kids is the point, not looking like a load of leftover parts pulled at random from an unlit storeroom. Lol

In the unlikely event they want to push more to the Cupra brand, then go copper, but they have to go properly, logo, inlays AND stitching, probably even the wheels, but even so, it’s still a Seat, not a Cupra brand car, so the flags are part of it and if they did remove they, they’d have to replace them with something... either way, it’s a HUGE change, and I honk they would have to contact every customer to confirm, it’s probably a bigger change, certainly as bit as some of the colour changes

Last edited:
Reactions: Maxloafer

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Ok, a couple of things...
2) what will replace the flag on the boot? And what on the bottom of the steering wheel/floor mat labels? The R has an R/flag hybrid..
From the sounds of it Damo7 is saying that both flags front and back will be black (without the red)
The SEAT badges themselves will be Copper.
Not sure what happens to the CUPRA lettering.

4) all paperwork and websites say RED callipers, as this is a Cupra feature on everything except special editions
This is why I am skeptical, however the paperwork doesn't feature 7 spd DSG or 310bhp either. In fact some of the paperwork refers to a 6 spd manual.

5) why would they design and commission new sills just for a few months?
This wouldn't be the case as the sills are LED illuminated with just the flag on there.

6) what dials on radio? There’s only 1 button...

Good point! Originally I thought he meant the surround. I can only think of the power button/dial and I couldn't expect that to change.

But apart from the above, you’re saying it’ll have copper badges, black inlays and white stitching? I think I a blind monkey could tell you that would look awful, and can totally honestly say if it turns up like that, I’ll be refusing it..

Originally I think he said that the stitching was going to be copper too.

Tbh I find all this unlikely but, not much has been confirmed yet so I'm not going to write anything off.

Maxloafer

Apr 1, 2018
East Yorkshire
77f68050cb8dd79f9f95744008a020e0.jpeg

AlexOS

From the sounds of it Damo7 is saying that both flags front and back will be black (without the red)
The SEAT badges themselves will be Copper.
Not sure what happens to the CUPRA lettering.
You can’t leave the lettering silver with a copper badge.. got to go copper or maybe black

This is why I am skeptical, however the paperwork doesn't feature 7 spd DSG or 310bhp either. In fact some of the paperwork refers to a 6 spd manual.
Ok, this is all open anyway, but the contrast is the point of the red callipers. But the DSG7 seems to be on a lot of sites that are being updates..

This wouldn't be the case as the sills are LED illuminated with just the flag on there.
The sill have the name Cupra and the logo, but with any change you’d have to design new ones, get them signed off, send them to a manufacturer and get examples back, sign them off and then get the new ones produced. That’s a hell of a lot of cost and efforts for a car with probably less than a year of life. At least all the copper has already been designed and tested for the R.

Good point! Originally I thought he meant the surround. I can only think of the power button/dial and I couldn't expect that to change.
The only difference around the stereo on the R is the copper surround, the button etc is standard.

Originally I think he said that the stitching was going to be copper too.
Tbh I find all this unlikely but, not much has been confirmed yet so I'm not going to write anything off.
I agree, but for me it would have to be all or nothing as any half measure with a colour like that will be ridiculous, and to be honest, on any colour apart from Grey wouldn’t look particularly good either.

TBH, I wonder if Damo7 is on a windup for a laugh.. :cheeky:[/QUOTE]

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
You can’t leave the lettering silver with a copper badge.. got to go copper or maybe black

Ok, this is all open anyway, but the contrast is the point of the red callipers. But the DSG7 seems to be on a lot of sites that are being updates..

The sill have the name Cupra and the logo, but with any change you’d have to design new ones, get them signed off, send them to a manufacturer and get examples back, sign them off and then get the new ones produced. That’s a hell of a lot of cost and efforts for a car with probably less than a year of life. At least all the copper has already been designed and tested for the R.

The only difference around the stereo on the R is the copper surround, the button etc is standard.

I agree, but for me it would have to be all or nothing as any half measure with a colour like that will be ridiculous, and to be honest, on any colour apart from Grey wouldn’t look particularly good either.

TBH, I wonder if Damo7 is on a windup for a laugh.. :cheeky:

Fair points made.
Although the red Calipers aren't a big deal as the UK brochure doesn't have the 7 spd either.

The only site I've seen with the updated 7 speed is the French. The Spanish site isn't even updated yet :)

The sill change wouldn't be major either.

I was told by a Stoneacre SEAT that have signed up to be a CUPRA dealership, they expected brand changes this year (possibly to the Leon), but they were extremely vague and gave no specifics. I kind of dismissed it.

At this stage all I want is a build date, I'm going accept the car regardless. I've been waiting far too long.
2f49f6b3908e61ddb499c7cf31a15788.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members