MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

GhostDriver

Jul 5, 2018
Didn't really get to explore the steering on my test drive. The straight line speed and sound was impressive though.

Definitely a tough choice, but with the level of kit in the Cupra, strong performance and price. I hopefully won't regret it.

Anyone know if we should be receiving confirmation of MY19 spec in September or October?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes mate the M140i is a killer rolling. Seen videos of stock ones killing an rs3.
But the Cupra is a peach on A/B roads and the M140i isn't. We won't regret.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Smyg

Apr 26, 2018
Picked my new ST up today :)

Attachments

• 09BEFAF5-5D95-40A5-9B3B-DF8BFDA60E55.jpeg
    09BEFAF5-5D95-40A5-9B3B-DF8BFDA60E55.jpeg
    478.7 KB · Views: 108

AlexOS

I’ve heard a bit of unofficial speculation info on the post WLTP Cupra.

This had come fro. Two separate people who do not know each other, that I am speaking to the other or that I’d heard anything along these lines. One of the two has access to senior seat uk management so I truly hope what he had heard is true... I heard from both about the hatch dropping to 290 more that a week before it was made official, so I hope this is also accurate..

The Cupra ST cars Seat are planning to put forward for WLTP testing and therefore build after they have gone through are equipped with 310 engines and 7 speed DSG.

Again.. this is not confirmed, but I am keeping my fingers crossed and ears open for official confirmation. This would also explain what I was told before about engines going to build in October as this would mean a different engines/gearbox combo for Seat. :cheers::bounce:

AlexOS

Why would the ST have 20bhp extra and a different gearbox?
Why would it have the 10hp Either..? it’s their top performance model with the 4wd system. If it is true, as I mentioned, it’s informed speculation at the moment, then it just gives an extra boost to the Cupra when they are pushing the brand, while using equipment already in the VW group inventory. (It’s just the engines and gearbox from the Golf R)

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I’ve heard a bit of unofficial speculation info on the post WLTP Cupra.

This had come fro. Two separate people who do not know each other, that I am speaking to the other or that I’d heard anything along these lines. One of the two has access to senior seat uk management so I truly hope what he had heard is true... I heard from both about the hatch dropping to 290 more that a week before it was made official, so I hope this is also accurate..

The Cupra ST cars Seat are planning to put forward for WLTP testing and therefore build after they have gone through are equipped with 310 engines and 7 speed DSG.

Again.. this is not confirmed, but I am keeping my fingers crossed and ears open for official confirmation. This would also explain what I was told before about engines going to build in October as this would mean a different engines/gearbox combo for Seat. :cheers::bounce:

Another poster on here "Maxloafer" posted something that kind of supports your assumption gearbox wise at least. Not sure about the additional power as that doesn't make sense especially with what's happening with VW golf.

See attached

If this is the case it sounds like the ST is definitely worth waiting for.

Credit to Maxloafer

5d5409875497349dbbb6490dadf96dd4.jpg
8c15d21eb0fd273618ad1982149c4c41.jpg

Reactions: GhostDriver

Maxloafer

Apr 1, 2018
East Yorkshire
Looked at one of those myself. Sounded and drove so well.

As said before though it wasn't anywhere near to the Cupra deal I got and had lower spec.

Anyway good luck mate!

Test drive went well with the M140i, so well that I've ordered the Shadow Edition... Just emailed the broker to cancel my ST 4Drive, don't even feel the least bit sad, just disappointed really. Anyway, wish all you guys the best and hope you get your cars soon. I'll hang around and see what's going on, no bitterness at all from my side, good luck people.

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Test drive went well with the M140i, so well that I've ordered the Shadow Edition... Just emailed the broker to cancel my ST 4Drive, don't even feel the least bit sad, just disappointed really. Anyway, wish all you guys the best and hope you get your cars soon. I'll hang around and see what's going on, no bitterness at all from my side, good luck people.

Lease or purchase, what are your payments if you don’t mind me asking

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
What a difference the extra 23+ hrs make on a test drive :)

Good choice on the shadow edition they look spot on inside and out. The H/K sounded very good and CC is must on any car.

Guessing you weren't getting the ST for it's practicality then ;)

When do you collect?

Maxloafer

Apr 1, 2018
East Yorkshire
What a difference the extra 23+ hrs make on a test drive :)

Good choice on the shadow edition they look spot on inside and out. The H/K sounded very good and CC is must on any car.

Guessing you weren't getting the ST for it's practicality then ;)

When do you collect?

Car is in stock so should be a couple of weeks max. Was after something quick that sounded nice and just in the right price bracket. Never owned anything so quick, not that I’ll be flooring it all the time What else is available sub 5 secs for under 30K? I’m sure someone will be compiling a list!

Reactions: GhostDriver

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Car is in stock so should be a couple of weeks max. Was after something quick that sounded nice and just in the right price bracket. Never owned anything so quick, not that I’ll be flooring it all the time What else is available sub 5 secs for under 30K? I’m sure someone will be compiling a list!

"Car is in stock" how refreshing it must be to hear that :)

Well you've certainly set your bar pretty high mate.

How did it compare to the ST deal you were going for?

My 5dr fwd deal is really cheap (probably the last of it's kind) so it's hard to find anything comparable out there.

Maxloafer

Apr 1, 2018
East Yorkshire
"Car is in stock" how refreshing it must be to hear that :)

Well you've certainly set your bar pretty high mate.

How did it compare to the ST deal you were going for?

My 5dr fwd deal is really cheap (probably the last of it's kind) so it's hard to find anything comparable out there.

Selected most extras on the ST inc. panoramic, seat sound, winter pack, camera, KESSY, and got 8,900 off list. About the same off the BMW, works out £18 pm less and lower rate! Hard to believe dealers ever sell cars at list.

AlexOS

Also, the Cupra Ateca will have the 300ps engine and 7 speed box (see below) so it makes sense to do it for the Leon Cupra too... just hoping the speculation on the 310ps is also true...

Obviously the Ateca is when they split off the brand, but since they have to get something through WLTP, they may as well boost the performance as they want to push Cupra as a performance brand.
https://www.baronsgroup.co.uk/seat/news/cupra-a-special-brand

Reactions: Woody31

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Selected most extras on the ST inc. panoramic, seat sound, winter pack, camera, KESSY, and got 8,900 off list. About the same off the BMW, works out £18 pm less and lower rate! Hard to believe dealers ever sell cars at list.
That was a decent spec CUPRA, and possibly a longer wait with some of those options.

I guess the 6 cylinder makes up for some of those though :)

Reactions: Maxloafer

PHILMEWAGON

Long member
Apr 4, 2013
Boro
'We now have a confirmed build week for your car, which is Week 39 (W/C 24TH September) so hopefully it will be here around the end of October.'

\o/

Reactions: Copra68