MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
Dear 'BipedalMale'

Thank you for contacting SEAT Customer Services.

My contact is to advise that your order has currently no build week and there is no further update showing at the moment.

If you would like to keep informed of your vehicle order, you can call us on the details below or alternatively you can speak to your dealership which is JCT600 SEAT Leeds to keep you informed along the process.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below.

Kind regards

[NAME REDACTED]
Customer Relations Advisor
SEAT UK

T 0808 5 222 222
E [email protected]
Internet: www.seat.co.uk

Still no updates on my order.

Out of interest, how long does it take to build a Cupra?

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Dear 'BipedalMale'

Thank you for contacting SEAT Customer Services.

My contact is to advise that your order has currently no build week and there is no further update showing at the moment.

If you would like to keep informed of your vehicle order, you can call us on the details below or alternatively you can speak to your dealership which is JCT600 SEAT Leeds to keep you informed along the process.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below.

Kind regards

[NAME REDACTED]
Customer Relations Advisor
SEAT UK

T 0808 5 222 222
E [email protected]
Internet: www.seat.co.uk

Still no updates on my order.

Out of interest, how long does it take to build a Cupra?
Probably takes about a day but folk have been waiting since January/February. I ordered in February and reckon I'll be lucky to see it by November.

eonomus

Aug 20, 2018
Ordered mine on the 1st May, Leon 5dr Cupra 300 2.0 TSI PS 6-speed DSG-auto - Called CS today, no build date and my build is still set to MY18 (Camera - Beats "seat sound" and ACC). My dealer is near on adamant that I'll get a September build date for delivery end of October. After reading this forum I seriously have my doubts.

CS told me to call back in September to see if I'll be changed to a MY19 build....

The serious lack of information available is somewhat ridiculous

AlexOS

Probably takes about a day but folk have been waiting since January/February. I ordered in February and reckon I'll be lucky to see it by November.
I put a note on one of the other threads at the start of last week...

Seat CS updated me last week to say that the delay is the engine not having gone through WLTP yet. They are not expecting to restart building the 296hp (300) engine for the ST until at least the end of October/early November. They do not expect to start building the cars until at least mid-November/early December.

Allowing for 3 weeks to the UK and another 2-3 weeks for it to get to the dealer etc. We will be lucky to receive a car in time for Christmas... Probably in the new year...

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Ordered mine on the 1st May, Leon 5dr Cupra 300 2.0 TSI PS 6-speed DSG-auto - Called CS today, no build date and my build is still set to MY18 (Camera - Beats "seat sound" and ACC). My dealer is near on adamant that I'll get a September build date for delivery end of October. After reading this forum I seriously have my doubts.

CS told me to call back in September to see if I'll be changed to a MY19 build....

The serious lack of information available is somewhat ridiculous

1. Your spec is why I'm thinking that mine got a confirmed BW38 date and I only ordered in mid-june. ACC will be possible to order with a Cupra Lux pack, but neither camera nor-seat sound is an MY19 option according to the latest price list. Scrogg has confirmed that MY18 added options are being manually added to MY18-19 conversions, but I'm just not sure how they will get through WLTP until one has been tested with those options over and above standard Cupra or Cupra Lux MY19 versions.

DG5

Jun 19, 2018
  1. Your spec is why I'm thinking that mine got a confirmed BW38 date and I only ordered in mid-june. ACC will be possible to order with a Cupra Lux pack, but neither camera nor-seat sound is an MY19 option according to the latest price list. Scrogg has confirmed that MY18 added options are being manually added to MY18-19 conversions, but I'm just not sure how they will get through WLTP until one has been tested with those options over and above standard Cupra or Cupra Lux MY19 versions.

What was your spec if you don't mind me asking?

I ordered early June also but have not yet had a confirmed build week. My order was a standard 5 door DSG in monsoon grey. No options.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
This was my suspicion. I've added things like SEAT Sound and the camera pack which aren't available in MY19.

Not sure how that affects the testing of the car I spec'd and when they'll be able to carry out those tests.

Options can delay orders outside of WLTP.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GhostDriver

Jul 5, 2018
BW38 confirmed. Cupra 5dr DSG Monson grey. Order placed in March.

Question. Would it be the MY19 or MY18? I ask because the production of the MY19 its "supposed" to start in October and mine is built in Sept.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
What was your spec if you don't mind me asking?

I ordered early June also but have not yet had a confirmed build week. My order was a standard 5 door DSG in monsoon grey. No options.

Mine is desire red 5dr DSG with added winter pack...now added FOC with MY19.

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Ive thought to myself, even though I ordered in April, “at that time was I happy with the deal i got” and i have to say i was, so even though there are changes to the spec moving forward, then that could happen again and again, I’m sure that when you all finally receive yours you’ll love it

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Ive thought to myself, even though I ordered in April, “at that time was I happy with the deal i got” and i have to say i was, so even though there are changes to the spec moving forward, then that could happen again and again, I’m sure that when you all finally receive yours you’ll love it
That's what I'll be telling myself, especially when the MK4 with the much needed interior/infotainment upgrade comes out not long after ;)

Maxloafer

Apr 1, 2018
East Yorkshire
Emailed my broker a couple of weeks ago and heard nothing... Emailed today saying I'd 'unofficially' heard my ST 4Drive would be at least the end of the year/early next and that I may be asking for my deposit back. Strangely enough he emailed back within an hour! Told me that he expected to hear from the dealer soon and the dealer thinks it will get a build date of wk38 with delivery mid October! Are your thoughts the same as mine?:moon:

AlexOS

Emailed my broker a couple of weeks ago and heard nothing... Emailed today saying I'd 'unofficially' heard my ST 4Drive would be at least the end of the year/early next and that I may be asking for my deposit back. Strangely enough he emailed back within an hour! Told me that he expected to hear from the dealer soon and the dealer thinks it will get a build date of wk38 with delivery mid October! Are your thoughts the same as mine?:moon:
Since I spoke direct to customer service, and they say the engines have not gone through WLTP and wont go into build until AT LEAST mid October, I would be very surprised if you get delivery.. The car is not going into build until AT LEAST week 45, and she said it was more likely week 51 before builds start (and what's the chances ours will be among the first, with the whole of LHD Europe also awaiting their cars)?)

My Broker said they have got over 20 Cupra ST's on order (some for stock, ordered between Feb and April) and they aren't expecting to see them before the middle of December at the absolute earliest.

Who did you order yours through Maxloafer?

Maxloafer

Apr 1, 2018
East Yorkshire
Looked at one of those myself. Sounded and drove so well.

As said before though it wasn't anywhere near to the Cupra deal I got and had lower spec.

Anyway good luck mate!

Since I spoke direct to customer service, and they say the engines have not gone through WLTP and wont go into build until AT LEAST mid October, I would be very surprised if you get delivery.. The car is not going into build until AT LEAST week 45, and she said it was more likely week 51 before builds start (and what's the chances ours will be among the first, with the whole of LHD Europe also awaiting their cars)?)

My Broker said they have got over 20 Cupra ST's on order (some for stock, ordered between Feb and April) and they aren't expecting to see them before the middle of December at the absolute earliest.

Who did you order yours through Maxloafer?
I'd rather not say at the moment, not their fault anyway, but BMW have kindly offered me a M140i for 24hrs this week... Think I'll have a decision to make soon..

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
Had a missed call today, same old, same old, no update they will call again next week. I will be getting a MK4 by default at this rate lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.