MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Maxloafer

Apr 1, 2018
East Yorkshire
Ahh, O.K. Makes sense now.

The current version of the MY19 price list says it's a 6 speed manual, so there seems to be little hope of getting anything resembling accurate information from SEAT UK any time soon...
I totally agree, we will get what we get! Just a shame it's taking so long.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Just a shame it's taking so long.
The most frustrating thing from our side of the transaction is knowing that in some cases SEAT are building cars before the new technical data is being released, so it's not like they don't know which gearbox they are fitting, they're just not allowed to publish emissions/fuel economy figures.

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
Nationwide Vehicle Contracts, have since been told the supplying dealer after talking to SEAT Customer Services.

What info did you need to give to SEAT Customer Services as i'm in the same situation? Would be good to find out the supplying dealer to try and get an update as they probably know more than the broker!
Have you had any updates from your supplying dealer?

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
What info did you need to give to SEAT Customer Services as i'm in the same situation? Would be good to find out the supplying dealer to try and get an update as they probably know more than the broker!

SEAT CS found all my order details after I simply gave them my email address.

They gave me my build week and about 4 days later my dealer contacted me with the same information

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
Got an order number from the Broker, I believe in needs to start '28' or '27'. From there it all was easy for them to see.

AlexOS

Ask your broker for the SLI number, call customer service and press option 7.. they will be able to help

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
Received an update today. Expected delivery was October......now March

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

cola

May 23, 2018
That's for the ST right? Wonder what's holding those up so much compared to the 5dr..

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
Yep that's the ST. Ordered it in April and the update was from Nationwide.
I have just spoken to them on the phone and they seem optimistic it will get a build week around November with March being the worst case scenario. They said it would be best to wait for the factory to reopen in September for things to become clearer.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

AlexOS

Yep that's the ST. Ordered it in April and the update was from Nationwide.
I have just spoken to them on the phone and they seem optimistic it will get a build week around November with March being the worst case scenario. They said it would be best to wait for the factory to reopen in September for things to become clearer.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
I spoke to Seat CS earlier in the week and was told that the current delay is the engine not having been through WLTP.. they currently estimate the engine will be certified ready for the engines to go into the build cycle in mid-late October, with the Cupra ST's themselves going to build week 45 (2nd week of November) to week 51 (third week of December).. Then you have to allow 3 weeks for shipping to the UK and possible a couple more to get from the port to the dealer and for them to do PMI and registration...

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I ordered a ST 4Drive early Feb and my broker offered to pay my deposit back if required. The trouble is I don’t think there’s another car out there as good value. I’ll most likely be sticking it out even if it is xmas before I see it!

I agree completely, may even be for the last time if the new Cupra brand is to be regarded as premium too.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.