MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I'd rather not say at the moment, not their fault anyway, but BMW have kindly offered me a M140i for 24hrs this week... Think I'll have a decision to make soon..
Didn't even realize that they offered those when I looked at the 140.

Let us know how you get on..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Woody31

Jul 16, 2018
Has anyone else who ordered eclipse orange st4drive cupra been informed the colour is no longer available? my dealer/broker has just called stating CS had called them and asking me to change the colour!?

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Has anyone else who ordered eclipse orange st4drive cupra been informed the colour is no longer available? my dealer/broker has just called stating CS had called them and asking me to change the colour!?
Nothing to that effect has been announced by SEAT UK to the network...

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK

I'm sure i read the email for your post and thought you said orange st4drive cuppa and began to work on what can only be described as a masterpiece.

Untitled.png

Reactions: AlexOS and Woody31

Marc Thomas

Aug 22, 2018
New member.....

Would be grateful for views on the following:
- I ordered an ST DSG (no options) in May, am being told Jan 19 delivery but no build date. Seems about right from what I've read, but...
- From what I've read elsewhere, build dates are given a minimum 31 weeks in advance....is that the case? That would mean March at the earliest for delivery.
- what is the difference between 18 and 19 plate cars? I gather the ST won't get a power reduction.
- The 7.5 Golf R is now being offered with the 300ps engine. Surely that means that spec engine has been through WLTR? Or does it not work like that?

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
New member.....

- I ordered an ST DSG (no options) in May, am being told Jan 19 delivery but no build date. Seems about right from what I've read, but...
- From what I've read elsewhere, build dates are given a minimum 31 weeks in advance....is that the case? That would mean March at the earliest for delivery.
- what is the difference between 18 and 19 plate cars? I gather the ST won't get a power reduction.
- The 7.5 Golf R is now being offered with the 300ps engine. Surely that means that spec engine has been through WLTR? Or does it not work like that?
31 week thing I don't think is right. Difference is you'll now have the winter pack FOC as it's standard now. I thought the same thing about the golf R power I have a feeling its down to VW wanting the cars to be on there own level rather than all having the same features.

Reactions: Marc Thomas

Marc Thomas

Aug 22, 2018
31 week thing I don't think is right. Difference is you'll now have the winter pack FOC as it's standard now. I thought the same thing about the golf R power I have a feeling its down to VW wanting the cars to be on there own level rather than all having the same features.

Thanks. I hope the ST engine gets through in tact giving it the same power as the R.....until the mark 8 Golf R, which will probably only be a few months behind delivery of my car

RadCordy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
New member.....

I read somewhere it was to do with the 4 wheel drive. The 300 is ok in 4WD cars hence it being the only cupra to survive the 290 downgrade. Obviously all golf R's are 4 wheel drive so kinda makes sense. I think they must allow worse emissions due to its 4 wheel drive nature or indeed the extra weight.

Reactions: Marc Thomas

GhostDriver

Jul 5, 2018
I'd rather not say at the moment, not their fault anyway, but BMW have kindly offered me a M140i for 24hrs this week... Think I'll have a decision to make soon..

Already had a go on a m140i auto for a day as was one of my options. Car drives superb, pulls amazing from low, really nice zf gearbox and I do like alot the interior even tho some people don't like it.

Not much feedback from the steering comparing to the Cupra. It's essential the differential imo.
Living in UK the m140 cannot be pushed as hard as the Cupra.

Woody31

Jul 16, 2018

Seat customer services have confirmed to me my order is now the newer colour, so can only assume its genuine info as such, will wait and see if its just me/my order or others get similar calls....:confused:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Already had a go on a m140i auto for a day as was one of my options. Car drives superb, pulls amazing from low, really nice zf gearbox and I do like alot the interior even tho some people don't like it.

Not much feedback from the steering comparing to the Cupra. It's essential the differential imo.
Living in UK the m140 cannot be pushed as hard as the Cupra.

Didn't really get to explore the steering on my test drive. The straight line speed and sound was impressive though.

Definitely a tough choice, but with the level of kit in the Cupra, strong performance and price. I hopefully won't regret it.

Anyone know if we should be receiving confirmation of MY19 spec in September or October?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

tel99

Jul 29, 2017
Seat customer services have confirmed to me my order is now the newer colour, so can only assume its genuine info as such, will wait and see if its just me/my order or others get similar calls....:confused:
H

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
I'm not sure if it has been added to since, or whether I just missed it the first time, but the announcement about MY19 colour changes that prompted this post on 7th July confirms that Eclipse Orange has been dropped from CUPRA and CUPRA Lux.

Woody31

Jul 16, 2018
I'm not sure if it has been added to since, or whether I just missed it the first time, but the announcement about MY19 colour changes that prompted this post on 7th July confirms that Eclipse Orange has been dropped from CUPRA and CUPRA Lux.
Yeah I read that a while back along with most of the helpful info you have posted since I joined. My order was for MY18 and accepted at factory 2nd May so assumed I'd still get the same car, hoping the silver lining is this means im soon to get a build date allocated!

Marc Thomas

Aug 22, 2018
Notice there's other on here who ordered through Nationwide? The rep is now actively offering me other deals, which isn't a good sign. It's been all fine in SEAT camp up until now.

The 140i shadow edition works out about £60 a month more. I'm tempted (as other obviously are). All things being equal though, I would prefer the Cupra. The 140i suffers from the same problem as the Golf R, they're 10 a penny and everyone knows what they are and what they can do. Cupra is VAG's dark secret.

It's a pretty sad state that there really is only VAG performance cars and the 140i that are in any sort of acceptable price bracket for leasing.

Maxloafer

Apr 1, 2018
East Yorkshire
Notice there's other on here who ordered through Nationwide? The rep is now actively offering me other deals, which isn't a good sign. It's been all fine in SEAT camp up until now.

The 140i shadow edition works out about £60 a month more. I'm tempted (as other obviously are). All things being equal though, I would prefer the Cupra. The 140i suffers from the same problem as the Golf R, they're 10 a penny and everyone knows what they are and what they can do. Cupra is VAG's dark secret.

It's a pretty sad state that there really is only VAG performance cars and the 140i that are in any sort of acceptable price bracket for leasing.
That's true, not a lot in the sub 5 sec bracket below 30k. I'm not really fussed about what others think cars can do, hearing a 3.0 straight 6 would satisfy me all day long...