MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

AlexOS

I'm hoping its an oversight.. I have just downloaded the August 2018 version of the Leon price list, which has been updated to include the ST 300 Lux...

The Digital cockpit is not listed in there... In the July V2 edition it was listed as an option on the FR and Xcellence, and standard on the Cupra, not available on the lower models, but its not in the August (MY19) edition at all...

I really hope they havent removed it.. removed it?? Its still listed on the 5d models but not the ST

On the flip side, the Winter pack IS standard on the Cupra MY19...

Reactions: Copra68

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I'm hoping its an oversight.. I have just downloaded the August 2018 version of the Leon price list, which has been updated to include the ST 300 Lux...

The Digital cockpit is not listed in there... In the July V2 edition it was listed as an option on the FR and Xcellence, and standard on the Cupra, not available on the lower models, but its not in the August (MY19) edition at all...

I really hope they havent removed it.. removed it?? Its still listed on the 5d models but not the ST

On the flip side, the Winter pack IS standard on the Cupra MY19...
Regarding the digital cockpit on 5dr and not ST that must be a mistake there no reason to have it on one and not the other.

Shocked to see the winter pack is gonna be standard and I wonder if us who had ordered MY18 vehicles and have been waiting all year will also get the winter pack.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
I'm sure it's just a typo. They're not exactly uncommon in SEAT brochures and price lists.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Shocked to see the winter pack is gonna be standard and I wonder if us who had ordered MY18 vehicles and have been waiting all year will also get the winter pack.
Assuming it's not also a typo it's unlikely, because you haven't paid for it...

MY18 orders are price-protected at MY18 price and specification. You don't get the cheaper car and free stuff on top just because it's now standard.

AlexOS

MY18 orders are price-protected at MY18 price and specification. You don't get the cheaper car and free stuff on top just because it's now standard.
Mine was ordered in Feb as a MY18, but I have been told by both the lease company and Seat CS that my order is being build at as MY19... so i'd hope that means the winter pack... Although, the lease company is checking for me the price to upgrade to the Lux, and if its similar, seeing if we can add it on, since there is no build date.... fingers crossed..

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013

It should be that way as the whole debacle since June when my car should have been built is an absolute joke. We'll see what the prices are like when my19 can be ordered if they are the same and I've waited all this time to get shunned for something that is now standard I'll just reject the car and go elsewhere in protest.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Mine was ordered in Feb as a MY18, but I have been told by both the lease company and Seat CS that my order is being build at as MY19... so i'd hope that means the winter pack... Although, the lease company is checking for me the price to upgrade to the Lux, and if its similar, seeing if we can add it on, since there is no build date.... fingers crossed..
As has been said many, many, many, many times before on here, in numerous threads, cars ordered as MY18 are being manually amended by SEAT UK during the transition to MY19 so that customers get exactly what they ordered (other than engine changes, where applicable) protected at the price they have agreed to pay. Yours will, in name only, be MY19, but the specification will be your MY18 one.

CUPRA Lux ordering does not open until October, so your existing order cannot be amended. If you want anything other than what you already have on order you will have to cancel and place a new order in October.

Reactions: Maxloafer

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
It should be that way as the whole debacle since June when my car should have been built is an absolute joke.
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but that doesn't mean it will happen.

We'll see what the prices are like when my19 can be ordered if they are the same and I've waited all this time to get shunned for something that is now standard I'll just reject the car and go elsewhere in protest.
When did you order and what is your exact specification? I already have MY19 pricing so can easily tell you how much the difference is.

AlexOS

As has been said many, many, many, many times before on here.
I've only been on here for a month, so havent seen any of those threads..

CUPRA Lux ordering does not open until October, so your existing order cannot be amended. If you want anything other than what you already have on order you will have to cancel and place a new order in October.
I respect your experience, but still hope i'll be able to come back, thumb my nose and say.. 'I got the Lux'... lol:bleh:

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
No space saver though or was that always the case?
CUPRA 300 had a space-saver as standard, but it's now showing as a cost option. Doesn't really surprise me when SEAT are pushing them as a (more profitable) dealer-fitted accessory.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

Evening mate,

Would just like to clarify what you are saying .. in two points

Point 1)
In addition to being price protected any MY18 order that has been converted to MY19 order will receive the original spec (where possible) and features included as part of the standard MY19 change.

So if the winter pack is now standard it should be fitted to MY18 orders converted to MY19.

Just like my original order in October gained the digital cockpit, illuminated sills and rear USB ports.

Point 2)

However if you ordered an option in your MY18 order that becomes standard in MY19 don't expect a refund on that option as the price protection works both ways.

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Liam

Jul 6, 2018
Gloucester
Scrogg, heard a rumour on one of these threads that some of the cosmetic details are being changed, copper ‘S’ badges, black brake calipers, black interior trim etc. I’ve been reading your posts for a while and fully understand what you’re saying about the MY18/19 spec & price protection, but is there any merit in these cosmetic changes? I’m a little sceptical as it makes little sense to me tbh.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Scrogg, heard a rumour on one of these threads that some of the cosmetic details are being changed, copper ‘S’ badges, black brake calipers, black interior trim etc. I’ve been reading your posts for a while and fully understand what you’re saying about the MY18/19 spec & price protection, but is there any merit in these cosmetic changes? I’m a little sceptical as it makes little sense to me tbh.
The latest price and spec brochure is available on the seat website and the romour wasn't true.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
The latest price and spec brochure is available on the seat website and the romour wasn't true.
Tbf although the new price list has been released
Confirming
- no integrated WLAN
- Red Break Calipers
- Winter pack included
The brochure on the UK site is the one from April.

Although still unlikely we still have to wait and see, as there is still some conflicting info about.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Just had my fortnightly call from Sally my case manager at Seat Customer Services.

Unfortunately still no confirmed build for me.

She did say that things are looking up as loads of confirmations have started to come through. She also stated that they are going straight to confirmed too.

She projected that I would have a confirmed build within the next two weeks based on what she is seeing.

Obviously different advice from the agent last week who told me to expect confirmation this week, but hopefully still on track for getting the car earlier than advertised.

Last edited:

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Just phoned Seat CS and finally have a built week! Week 38 Monday 17th sept then estimated 4 week delivery. My order was confirmed 5th April for 5dr Cupra in mystery blue. Seat CS confirmed the only change during the transition from MY18 to MY19 is the engine BHP to 290 from 300 any other changes would have to be signed for by the customer so no winter pack. Hopefully things are looking up with the rest of you getting build weeks.

with
Just had my fortnightly call from Sally my case manager at Seat Customer Services.

Unfortunately still no confirmed build for me.

She did say that things are looking up as loads of confirmations have started to come through. She also stated that they are going straight to confirmed too.

She projected that I would have a confirmed build within the next two weeks based on what she is seeing.

Obviously different advice from the agent last week who told me. As he said to expect confirmation this week, but hopefully still on track for getting the car earlier than advertised.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise