MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

GhostDriver

Jul 5, 2018
So being interested in the recent updates people were getting I contacted CS directly (ahead of my scheduled fortnightly call from CS)

The agent I spoke with stated that there was no known update to the MY19 spec of the CUPRA 5dr DSG 300 other than the engine. (Inline with Scroggs postings so far)

He dismissed the winter pack being included which was mentioned in an earlier post.

He also went onto say that my order was transitioning to MY19 and retaining all the options which he listed and that I would have a confirmed build date by next week.

I know it can be a bit of a lottery depending on who you talk to at CS. So obviously taking some the information with a pinch of salt.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I've been told exactly the same today. I'll have a confirmed build date by next week. Cupra 5dr dsg.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
So seeing others updating they had news I decided to chase up my point of contact at Seat to be told my car will be built after week 45 November. That's me been waiting since February, what an utter joke. Have asked for a Golf R quote to see if it's affordable and the lead time. First and last car I'll buy new from Seat.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
So seeing others updating they had news I decided to chase up my point of contact at Seat to be told my car will be built after week 45 November. That's me been waiting since February, what an utter joke. Have asked for a Golf R quote to see if it's affordable and the lead time. First and last car I'll buy new from Seat.
Is this for a 5dr DSG?

Good luck on the Golf R front. The best deal I was offered on the R was 2.5k deposit and £274 * 24 8k miles + £234 arrangement fee. This has now gone up to 2.7k deposit and £305.68 pcm. This was for a standard R manual back in April. 18 week wait at the time.

Keep coming back to how good the offer is on SEAT - if you are prepared to wait that is.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Is this for a 5dr DSG?

Good luck on the Golf R front. The best deal I was offered on the R was 2.5k deposit and £274 * 24 8k miles + £234 arrangement fee. This has now gone up to 2.7k deposit and £305.68 pcm. This was for a standard R manual back in April. 18 week wait at the time.

Keep coming back to how good the offer is on SEAT - if you are prepared to wait that is.

Yeah 5dr DSG with seat sound.

You mention arrangement fee so sounds like a broker, I'm getting the leon through a seat dealer and he'll get the golf quote from another branch. Time will tell but yeah it'll probably be nowhere near the leon deal.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Yeah 5dr DSG with seat sound.

Oh yeah, sorry, you have mentioned before. Even though the agent told me to expect a build date next week my dealership said to expect a Dec delivery. So I may still be in the same situation as you.

You mention arrangement fee so sounds like a broker, I'm getting the leon through a seat dealer and he'll get the golf quote from another branch. Time will tell but yeah it'll probably be nowhere near the leon deal.

That's part of my point. When the wrong car turned up in Feb and I had to start the order process again I looked at R's.

VWFS weren't offering any discounts for them in April. The best deal I could find was through a broker.

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
I phoned up Seat cs yesterday as im getting no information from my garage and they have given me a confirmed build date of week 38,

I still don’t believe it, shame the garage hasn’t informed me of this

Ordered my Cupra end of April, would like to get it changed to the lux if i can as i added kessy, adaptive and rear camera plus in Nevada white, all is standard now apart from the camera which i would forgo

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I phoned up Seat cs yesterday as im getting no information from my garage and they have given me a confirmed build date of week 38,

I still don’t believe it, shame the garage hasn’t informed me of this

Ordered my Cupra end of April, would like to get it changed to the lux if i can as i added kessy, adaptive and rear camera plus in Nevada white, all is standard now apart from the camera which i would forgo

It's nice to hear that things may be picking up.

The Lux comes with leather sports seats which includes the electric seats and the winter pack. It's list price as an option is over 1k.

The camera pack, kessy and adaptive cruise totalled come in under 1k.

Well I hope it works out for you, but if not be safe in the knowledge that you'll get what you ordered.

They have confirmed they'll still be fitting ACC, SEAT Sound and rear cameras to MY18 orders.

Reactions: Matt-taylor

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
It's nice to hear that things may be picking up.

The Lux comes with leather sports seats which includes the electric seats and the winter pack. It's list price as an option is over 1k.

The camera pack, kessy and adaptive cruise totalled come in under 1k.

Well I hope it works out for you, but if not be safe in the knowledge that you'll get what you ordered.

They have confirmed they'll still be fitting ACC, SEAT Sound and rear cameras to MY18 orders.

I thought i could have kessy, adaptive, leather, winter pack and metallic paint for cheaper than I’m paying

I was told mine will be the MY19 model

GrahamW

Finally got mine in the week. It was ready 3 weeks ago but due to work travel it was pointless collecting it. Carly from Seat Stockport was a pleasure to deal with. Ordered mid Jan. Only option is the paint. Manual gearbox. Such a difference from my 2015 Ibiza Cupra that it has replaced. My only downside with it, gutted I’ve done a 2 year lease and not 3. Brilliant car so far and not even taken it above 3.5k rpm.

Attachments

• snip_20180805104625.png
    snip_20180805104625.png
    674.2 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I'm guessing its why I don't have a BW then! November is totally fine if thats the case, I just want "a date" of somesort..
If you're looking at a 5door DSG things are sounding like they may be looking up mate.

Hopefully in the next week or so you'll get a build week.

Spoken with a couple of dealers this weekend - just fishing for info. Both have suggested (like Scrogg) that the start of MY19 production will be used to get these MY18's out.

It would be good see other posts about confirmed build weeks next week!

They suggested that they were expecting new Cupra orders to be landing in December once ordering had opened back up, so hopefully ours will land earlier than advertised - interested to see what happens as it was suggested that all build slots where currently full until Jan 19.

Like always take with a pinch....

Oh and visited a local dealership which has signed up to be an official CUPRA dealership. They speculated about new badging, but it was just speculation.

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
Oh and visited a local dealership which has signed up to be an official CUPRA dealership. They speculated about new badging, but it was just speculation.

This is legit...
- copper “S” on all Cupra
- no more flags inside or out bar 1 on the front in black
- black brake calipers
- no silver inside - all black exactly like the Cupra Ateca and another Copper S on the steering wheel.

All Cupra from BW42 o will come like this.

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
This is legit...
- copper “S” on all Cupra
- no more flags inside or out bar 1 on the front in black
- black brake calipers
- no silver inside - all black exactly like the Cupra Ateca and another Copper S on the steering wheel.

All Cupra from BW42 o will come like this.
Is that not marketplace/territory specific? (you look like you aren't in GB). Who is your source?

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
Is that not marketplace/territory specific? (you look like you aren't in GB). Who is your source?

I’m in Ireland but they’ll hardly make significant changes like that and not make it across the board in my opinion.

Reactions: Kenton
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members