MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Vwfs have advised I can extend my current lease but then I'm liable for mot,3rd Yr service and prob a new set of front boots which I dont want to fork out for.

Sorry to hear about your issues mate,
Specifically on this point I argued with fleet/VWFS as I have had to extend my lease for over 12 months now due issues with my 300 order.

My current lease will require it's first M.O.T and 3rd service in November. I'm not expecting the 300/290 until this December.

As a result I was able to get in writing that Fleet/VWFS would cover the costs of both up to a value of just under £300.

May still be an option for you as well. I had to force them to agree to this.

Also

How close are you to your contract mileage on your current lease?

Fleet/VWFS were able to provide me with x2 quotes

1) informal extension month to month
2) formal extension for 6 months

Both were cheaper than the original lease price especially the formal - based mileage and car age.

May also be worth another look. Unfortunately I found that I had to insist on these good will gestures they weren't just offered.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jordan McCabe

Jul 5, 2018
Ordered a 5dr DSG in April and had a call from the dealer this morning confirming the change to 290 for all orders placed April 1st after that weren’t already allocated a build week.

They have asked me if I’m happy with this and if it’s a problem then to let them know.

Where do we stand in terms of a price reduction or voucher or some kind of compensation for the loss of power?

If anyone’s had anything or got anywhere be nice to know so we can all get a bit back from SEAT.

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
Here's the deal I've managed to get. Please contact Jade directly through the email here, as she's the one that's sorted out the price listed, after an hour or two of haggling. She's also extremely quick at replying if you want to change mileage/payment etc.

[email protected]

Seat LEON HATCHBACK 2.0 TSI Cupra 300 5dr DSG [2018]
Metallic paint
1+23
8,000 miles per
£283.99 Inc Vat

Admin fee £100 inc vat.

Their official deal was £321.99 Inc vat and an admin fee of £198. So quite a saving, they have batch ordered cars, so I imagine limited availability. I have been given a delivery date of December.

Colours available:

· Mystery Blue
· Black Magic
· Monsoon Grey

If you're feeling generous, you could always mention that Jonny referred you onto her, as they will provide a 'referral reward.'

(and yes, we know in reality it'll be a 290, but most of the 290's make 300 anyway...)

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Ordered a 5dr DSG in April and had a call from the dealer this morning confirming the change to 290 for all orders placed April 1st after that weren’t already allocated a build week.

They have asked me if I’m happy with this and if it’s a problem then to let them know.

Where do we stand in terms of a price reduction or voucher or some kind of compensation for the loss of power?

If anyone’s had anything or got anywhere be nice to know so we can all get a bit back from SEAT.

Since the dealership has called and asked for your approval and you have an option to walk away im not seeing any compensation being given easily.

It was said on here that the cost of the current CUPRA may even be increasing so you may be in a better position there also.

They've handed out good will gestures to some customers for delayed orders this year, so not beyond the realms of possiblity, but I wouldn't put money on it.

You could try logging a case with SEAT if you feel strongly enough about it.

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
I placed my Cupra 300 DSG order maybe the 290 (not sure what I'm getting now) through gateway2lease on 06/04/18 who then set my finance up with Lease plan. My Est delivery when I placed the order was June/July then received my first order update on 26/04/18 with my delivery due to arrive with the dealership mid August now. Every 14 days I receive the update with the same as pervious mid AUG! I've asked them to chase up the build week number last week and still waiting for the reply even with emails/calls :censored:

Been told by my local Seat dealership that if my car isn't built this month I won't receive it till Oct. Stressing me out now just want the dam car!
Finally been given a SLI number but still can’t provide a built week yet! My order was comfirmed by Seat on the 5the April so missed the cut off by one day for the 300 Delivery is still saying mid August so contacted Seat customer service, they are saying build week is blank and can’t provide any information “call back next week there may be a change” Has anyone been given a build weeks who’s order was around the same time as me? Thanks sean

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Finally been given a SLI number but still can’t provide a built week yet! My order was comfirmed by Seat on the 5the April so missed the cut off by one day for the 300 Delivery is still saying mid August so contacted Seat customer service, they are saying build week is blank and can’t provide any information “call back next week there may be a change” Has anyone been given a build weeks who’s order was around the same time as me? Thanks sean
I wouldn't get your hopes up I ordered in February and another fella in January and haven't had build weeks allocated yet. After complaining to Seat I've been told earliest I'll get the car now is September and obviously makes it a 290.

Reactions: Smolyneux85

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
I wouldn't get your hopes up I ordered in February and another fella in January and haven't had build weeks allocated yet. After complaining to Seat I've been told earliest I'll get the car now is September and obviously makes it a
I wouldn't get your hopes up I ordered in February and another fella in January and haven't had build weeks allocated yet. After complaining to Seat I've been told earliest I'll get the car now is September and obviously makes it a 290.
I’m slightly gutted with it being the 290 but I’d rather be driving a Cupra 290 than having to cycle to work! Just hope it’s got the digital cockpit. Be nice if Seat factory would be honest and provide realistic delivery dates/more information to there dealerships so that they can pass the correct information on.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I’m slightly gutted with it being the 290 but I’d rather be driving a Cupra 290 than having to cycle to work! Just hope it’s got the digital cockpit. Be nice if Seat factory would be honest and provide realistic delivery dates/more information to there dealerships so that they can pass the correct information on.
Same here I have had to take time calm down with the delays and with the car now changing to a 290.

GhostDriver

Jul 5, 2018
I'm on the same boat. Cupra 300 5dr dsg monson grey ordered the 15th of March (Leasing). Build week at start was the 7th of July. And car to be delivered mid Aug.
Now delayed to be built in Aug and delivery in Sept. Got told I might still get the 300 and no the 290.

I think everyone is annoyed as me for the waiting and not knowing if it's 300 or 290.
We need to be patient.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I'm on the same boat. Cupra 300 5dr dsg monson grey ordered the 15th of March (Leasing). Build week at start was the 7th of July. And car to be delivered mid Aug.
Now delayed to be built in Aug and delivery in Sept. Got told I might still get the 300 and no the 290.

I think everyone is annoyed as me for the waiting and not knowing if it's 300 or 290.
We need to be patient.
As annoying as all the waiting is I'm just glad that they're still continuing to produce the MK3 CUPRA so close to the end of it's life and that our prices are locked in.

Both the 3 door and the manual has already gone.

Some of the other manufacturers hit by WLTP have apparently decided to stop producing certain models completely and wait the next generation refresh.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
The dealership has just kindly updated me on the status of my order.

The bad news: still no build week assigned

The good news: SEAT themselves have confirmed that my order will remain unaltered apart from the engine map to 290 (I've added many options not available as part of the easy options in MY19)

Scrogg has already suggested that this would be the case in other posts, but I thought I'd share that SEAT themselves have confirmed this in my case.

Hopefully this helps to reassure others in the same boat. If not check with SEAT or your dealership if possible.

@Smolyneux85 - the digital cockpit is remaining part of the standard kit.

GhostDriver

Jul 5, 2018
The dealership has just kindly updated me on the status of my order.

The bad news: still no build week assigned

The good news: SEAT themselves have confirmed that my order will remain unaltered apart from the engine map to 290 (I've added many options not available as part of the easy options in MY19)

Scrogg has already suggested that this would be the case in other posts, but I thought I'd share that SEAT themselves have confirmed this in my case.

Hopefully this helps to reassure others in the same boat. If not check with SEAT or your dealership if possible.

@Smolyneux85 - the digital cockpit is remaining part of the standard kit.

How come not build week assigned? When did you place your order?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
How come not build week assigned? When did you place your order?
To be honest I didn't ask as originally I was told I'd be waiting until December to get the car so it's still early days.

Order was submitted on the 23rd of May and it was accepted on the 14th of June.

GhostDriver

Jul 5, 2018
To be honest I didn't ask as originally I was told I'd be waiting until December to get the car so it's still early days.

I'm gonna go to the bottom of this. Not had time to proper deal with it.
Yesterday I talked to the person I'm dealing with and he certainly said I was still getting the 300. Maybe because the month I placed the order? I don't know. Sounds strange to me or just rubbish.

Don't understand why the seat website still showing the 300.
I'll deal with it on Monday ringing SEAT UK.

Love SEAT and I'm trying to be patient but already enquired for a quote on a M140i oops..

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I'm gonna go to the bottom of this. Not had time to proper deal with it.
Yesterday I talked to the person I'm dealing with and he certainly said I was still getting the 300. Maybe because the month I placed the order? I don't know. Sounds strange to me or just rubbish.

Don't understand why the seat website still showing the 300.
I'll deal with it on Monday ringing SEAT UK.

Love SEAT and I'm trying to be patient but already enquired for a quote on a M140i oops..
Did you order from seat/vw or from a broker? If its a broker they won't have a clue. Mind you the folk in the seat dealerships aren't given much more info than they can tell us. I'll patiently wait on mine hopefully they stick to September, I'm sticking with it as theres no other lease deals out there that are as good on a £30k car.

GhostDriver

Jul 5, 2018
Did you order from seat/vw or from a broker? If its a broker they won't have a clue. Mind you the folk in the seat dealerships aren't given much more info than they can tell us. I'll patiently wait on mine hopefully they stick to September, I'm sticking with it as theres no other lease deals out there that are as good on a £30k car.

Broker. That's why sounded to me rubbish.
Having work in the past for Honda in Warrington people in dealers have little of info aswell.

Nice weekend everyone!

AlexOS

Hi all, i've not posted before, but been reading for a while.

I odered a Cupra ST 300 4Drive on 28th Feb, from carleasespecialoffers.
9+35, 12,500miles, fully maintained with the leather/winter pack for £308.77pm..
I have an SLI nimber and have been chasing Seat for a build date. Originally i was told week 22, but i am now being told that there is no build date and est delivery is late October to Early November.

I'm hoping that as it will now be the MY19, that i may get the lux pack for free... fingers crossed... as the keyless and phone charger would be a bonus..

Reactions: Copra68